Paging all experienced SuCHers Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paging all experienced SuCHers

+4
Seva Lamberdar
Merlot Daruwala
Kris
seven
8 posters

Go down

Paging all experienced SuCHers Empty Paging all experienced SuCHers

Post by seven Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:22 pm

Sherry - "Why are you helping them? Is it because you're too nice" 

Simran - "I was trying to understand if there was a way for us to align with..."

Sherry - "There is value in not helping them. I want them to fail"

Simran - **question mark face**

Sherry - "They cannot come to us at the last min with a request to change our timeline"

Simran - "We may not have to move it. I spoke to their PM and all they need is xyz piece by Dec 4"

Sherry has been pushing for a strategic demand management team. Other teams are not upto speed or onboard with her. 
Her approach is to stick to the plan that was communicated and agreed upon by everyone and not work like 800-IT-support team who work from ticket to ticket as they come in. 

Simran agrees with her and sees value in her ask. However, also feels the change can come over time and will require more people to be on their side advocating for such a front gate process. Turning everyone against them by being uncooperative is not wise. 

Sherry - "I'd rather you didn't help them" 

Simran has her one-on-one with Sherry tomorrow.

One thing is for sure, she needs to clarify she wasn't trying to go out of her way to help anyone against Sherry's will but only trying to understand how best the request could be accommodated, if at all.

Or not be defensive. always offensive. take responsibility and promise to not do it again. 

what advice should i give this girl?

seven

Back to top Go down

Paging all experienced SuCHers Empty Re: Paging all experienced SuCHers

Post by Kris Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:31 pm

seven wrote:Sherry - "Why are you helping them? Is it because you're too nice" 

Simran - "I was trying to understand if there was a way for us to align with..."

Sherry - "They cannot come to us at the last min with a request to change our timeline"

Simran - "We may not have to move it. I spoke to their PM and all they need is xyz piece by Dec 4"

Sherry has been pushing for a strategic demand management team. Other teams are not upto speed or onboard with her. 
Her approach is to stick to the plan that was communicated and agreed upon by everyone and not work like 800-IT-support team who work from ticket to ticket as they come in. 

Simran agrees with her and sees value in her ask. However, also feels the change can come over time and will require more people to be on their side advocating for such a front gate process. Turning everyone against them by being uncooperative is not wise. 

One thing is for sure, she needs to clarify she wasn't trying to go out of her way to help anyone against Sherry's will but only trying to understand how best the request could be accommodated, if at all.

Or not be defensive. always offensive. take responsibility and promise to not do it again. 

See the bolded section above. That really is the answer to your question for now. Based on the info you have provided, Sherry may know more about the politics involved in the changes she wants effected and Simran needs to pay heed to her. Maybe she can draw Sherry out during the one- on- one to understand her perspective. Usually, people are not that strong in their opinions without a reason.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:45 pm

+1
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:48 pm

You're the wisest person here. I agree with your advice. 

Now on a separate note, you're right usually people are strong in their opinion when they have a reason. In case of Sherry above, she's known to be a speed breaker. Always makes people apply break to everything. Argumentative n believes everyone else has no idea what they are doing. She's the smartest most rational organized n foresighted person in the organization. No one messes with her during program meetings cuz she only has one POV, hers. Anyone who questions her or ignores her inputs, in her opinion is trying to be her boss so should be shown their place.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:51 pm

seven wrote:You're the wisest person here. I agree with your advice. 

Now on a separate note, you're right usually people are strong in their opinion when they have a reason. In case of Sherry above, she's known to be a speed breaker. Always makes people apply break to everything. Argumentative n believes everyone else has no idea what they are doing. She's the smartest most rational organized n foresighted person in the organization. No one messes with her during program meetings cuz she only has one POV, hers. Anyone who questions her or ignores her inputs, in her opinion is trying to be her boss so should be shown their place.

All the more reason for Simran not to cross her, particularly if Sherry is her supervisor.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:54 pm

Right.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:19 am

Simran - Never mind what I do and why I help others.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:43 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Simran - Never mind what I do and why I help others.
Haha..Unkil, now I see why your career went the way it did.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:16 am

seven wrote:Sherry - "Why are you helping them? Is it because you'r e too nice" 

sherry deserves to be fired. 

what she said - in red, above - and apparently believes, will result in the organization's failure. no one should tolerate sherry's attitude to work. 

whoever hired sherry, and her current manager should also be held accountable for her sowing and watering of the seeds of failure.

simran is an idiot; she should quickly dissociate herself from sherry. (those who are confused about the use of semicolons, see the last one, in red.) simran's manager should also be held accountable for hiring an idiot.

your english is terrible - do you not live in an english-speaking part of the u.s.? -  but you may have an advantage in NOT improving it; everyone may assume that you are not as incompetent as you manifestly are, but only sound so because of your egregious english.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:58 am

swapna wrote:
simran is an idiot; she should quickly dissociate herself from sherry. (those who are confused about the use of semicolons, see the last one, in red.) simran's manager should also be held accountable for hiring an idiot.

your english is terrible - do you not live in an english-speaking part of the u.s.? -  but you may have an advantage in NOT improving it; everyone may assume that you are not as incompetent as you manifestly are, but only sound so because of your egregious english.

Before you start telling people about their English, by way of a friendly advice or otherwise, you need to do some serious introspection. Your writing is very choppy with your overuse of hyphens, semicolons and colons. If there is such a thing as colostomy or semicolostomy in writing, you deserve to undergo one.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:10 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:

Before you start telling people about their English, by way of a friendly advice or otherwise, you need to do some serious introspection. Your writing is very choppy with your overuse of hyphens, semicolons and colons. If there is such a thing as colostomy or semicolostomy in writing, you deserve to undergo one.

அதே அதே..... சபாபதே

P.S. This thread has already gone on for too long without being diverted in a typical SuCHy way.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:06 pm

@swapna 
How is simran an idiot?

@swapna @ my English writing skills,

I live alone in a remote tree house. Sell furniture at the flea market. So yes, not learning to speak, write in English comes in handy when I don't agree on the price with buyers.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:02 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:

அதே அதே..... சபாபதே

P.S. This thread has already gone on for too long without being diverted in a typical SuCHy way.
Did you figure out the error in "How is Modi's visit furthers" yet?

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:38 pm

seven wrote:@swapna 
How is simran an idiot?
when sherry says "I want them to fail," she is in conflict with all desirable forms of an employee's behaviour - cooperation, collaboration, teamwork, etc. - in an organization, and simran wants to please her. 

sherry's conflict with the organization's objectives will soon be noticed, and she is likely to be fired; if simran is known to be close to sherry, she too may be fired.

the dominant fact in your description of the situation is sherry's assertion: "I want them to fail."

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down