this govt.  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this govt.

+3
swapna
Merlot Daruwala
confuzzled dude
7 posters

Go down

this govt.  Empty this govt.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:32 am

... for all the constraints poor modi faces in rajya sabha, very good bills got passed this session. govt. did not hike tax and rolled back epf tax (right thing to do for we don't have social security net). what sucks is the railway budget -- damp squib leading railways to bleed more. the mining reforms were welcome! aaadhar splendid (comrade will chip in now saying it was a congress initiative... yes it was)! i am now convinced that modi is a pragmatic leader. i will vote for him again. 

mallya

he was a congress creature. but let's not blame ruling parties for it and let's not blame chiddu's son having crores stacked overseas. here is your cheat sheet on mallya:

- he has assets worth 20,000 crores in uk, cayman islands and mauritius + 500 crore from diageo (most of which he has already received)
- he is not coming back to india
- his current gf is a bengali
- SBI lent him money when KFA was sinking. (WHY?)
- they lent him against 1/10th collateral. (WHY?)
- SBI took four years to move. sarfaesi act in india empowers you to seize and sell secured assets once you are declared NPA. it took SBI and other lenders four years to invoke sarfaesi? sarfaesi is above drt and civil courts. in it's defence SBI said, in supreme court, that mallya delayed process by taking 500 adjournments in mumbai DRT. heck, you can invoke sarfaesi during pendency of DRT!
this govt.  2016-016

Back to top Go down

this govt.  Empty Re: this govt.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:40 am

BANGALORE: 
this govt.  Vijaymallya216
Liquor baron Vijay Mallya appears set for a second stint in the Rajya Sabha after garnering ruling BJP's support for the June 17 biennial elections from Karnataka.

Sources in BJP said the party, with around 30 surplus votes, could ensure victory for 54-year-old Mallya who is contesting as an independent with the support of 27 member JD-S group and an Independent MLA Varthur Prakash.

Mallya, who was elected to the Rajya Sabha as an Independent for the first time in 2002, needs 45 first preference votes for victory.

BJP has convened its legislature party meet tomorrow to discuss its strategy for the Rajya Sabha polls.

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/bjp-backs-vijay-mallya-for-rajya-sabha-421025

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:45 am

brie wrote:... for all the constraints poor modi faces in rajya sabha, very good bills got passed this session. govt. did not hike tax and rolled back epf tax (right thing to do for we don't have social security net).
I see.. opposition gets no credit for this.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:47 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
brie wrote:... for all the constraints poor modi faces in rajya sabha, very good bills got passed this session. govt. did not hike tax and rolled back epf tax (right thing to do for we don't have social security net).
pass gst. it's for greater good not pappu good. modi supported so many congress initiatives for greater good (aadhar, mnrega reformed with aadhar)... reciprocae. 

this govt.  2016-015

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:56 am

You can twist it as Modi supporting those schemes but reality is quite different.. Like Arun Shourie said BJP is nothing but Congress + Cow politics and add ultra-Nationalism now.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:35 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
You can twist it as Modi supporting those schemes but reality is quite different.. Like Arun Shourie said BJP is nothing but Congress + Cow politics and add ultra-Nationalism now.
cd talk facts. stop quoting rubbish videos and taking rubbish postures (i can do same and we will be in an infinite loop). WHY IS CONGRESS NOT LETTING GST PASSED IN RS? ANSWER!

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:05 pm

brie wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
pass gst. it's for greater good not pappu good. modi supported so many congress initiatives for greater good (aadhar, mnrega reformed with aadhar)... reciprocae. 

this govt.  2016-015

All the govt has to do is agree to a cap on gst - which is spl required given this govt's propensity for backdoor taxation - and an independent tribunal, and it will get passed. The govt doesn't want to do this and ppl will keep blaming Cong for stonewalling.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:47 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
brie wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

this govt.  2016-015

All the govt has to do is agree to a cap on gst - which is spl required given this govt's propensity for backdoor taxation - and an independent tribunal, and it will get passed. The govt doesn't want to do this and ppl will keep blaming Cong for stonewalling.
all the govt has to do is very easily said. the litany of "all..." is endless considering congress, in it's infinite wisdom, did not propose capping gst when it proposed it. if you mention the cap in the bill, every change will require a constitutional amendment and a concurrence of the states and it is not that the cap is the fiefdom of bjp considering that they have been given mandate for only 5 years of which 2 have already passed. quite silly logic fear. 

where did you hear that gst will not have it's own tribunal? link please.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:19 am

It is in our best interest if it's capped so this and future govts are forced to live within their means. Minimum government, maximum governance should be more than a oratorical punchline.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:23 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:It is in our best interest if it's capped so this and future govts are forced to live within their means. Minimum government, maximum governance should be more than a oratorical punchline.
i agree. states want 26%. centre proposes 16 to 18%. international is 18% i think. but my point was even if BJP introduces a cap, congress will find another excuse. we were expecting a hike in service tax this budget (to align it with 18% before gst gets rolled out). good it did not happen.

separately, i just read up the draft gst bill. i don't want it. we are going for dual gst (igst, sgst etc for services, excise and vat). actually nothing is clear as yet because the final "draft" is not yet prepared and not in public domain. it will be good only if they have one gst (possibility is there) and same gst for all states (unlikely). we will know only when things are clearly spelt out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:29 am

The GST act currently passes the buck to the GST council to work out the modalities of dispute resolution. This council is made up of the state FMs and chaired by the Union FM. These are the disputants themselves and asking them to resolve it among themselves is silly. So it's reasonable to ask for an independent tribunal as is the case with all the other taxes.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:37 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:The GST act currently passes the buck to the GST council to work out the modalities of dispute resolution. This council is made up of the state FMs and chaired by the Union FM. These are the disputants themselves and asking them to resolve it among themselves is silly. So it's reasonable to ask for an independent tribunal as is the case with all the other taxes.
no. the council will not adjudicate. there will be an independent gst tribunal:

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2015-12-15/news/69061742_1_gst-bill-gst-council-gst-structure wrote:On dispute resolution mechanism, Verma said GST council will not decide on the dispute but will only look at the modalities.
"So what would be an independent mechanism for dispute resolution will be recommended by the GST council. It can be in the form of tribunal, authority or others. The council itself would not be resolving the issues", she said.

but this is impingent on having a unified gst. if there are 3/4 gsts then existing tribunals will substitute (i think) -- and which is back to square one. it's not clear yet. i'm pretty sure they will eventually decide to adopt one gst (indications so far are in that direction).

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:12 am

brie wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:The GST act currently passes the buck to the GST council to work out the modalities of dispute resolution. This council is made up of the state FMs and chaired by the Union FM. These are the disputants themselves and asking them to resolve it among themselves is silly. So it's reasonable to ask for an independent tribunal as is the case with all the other taxes.

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2015-12-15/news/69061742_1_gst-bill-gst-council-gst-structure wrote:[size=48]On dispute resolution mechanism, Verma said GST council will not decide on the dispute but will only look at the modalities.[/size]
[size=48]"So what would be an independent mechanism for dispute resolution will be recommended by the GST council. It can be in the form of tribunal, authority or others. The council itself would not be resolving the issues", she said.[/size]

but this is impingent on having a unified gst. if there are 3/4 gsts then existing tribunals will substitute (i think) -- and which is back to square one. it's not clear yet. i'm pretty sure they will eventually decide to adopt one gst (indications so far are in that direction).
what does "impingent on" mean?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:14 am

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/impingent
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:39 am

Hellsangel wrote:https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/impingent
brie's sentence would then be "but this is striking against on having a general gst." what does that mean?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:57 am

swapna wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/impingent
brie's sentence would then be "but this is striking against on having a general gst." what does that mean?
brie may have intended the word to mean "impinging."

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:59 am

No I think he intended to say "incumbent".
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:07 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:No I think he intended to say "incumbent".
in that case, the preceding phrase, "but this is," does not seen to make sense. perhaps brie meant "contingent on."

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:15 pm

"But this is incumbent upon... " makes sense to me.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:18 pm

People who discuss semantics to death are natural Blythe supporters. It all boils down to what the definition of "is" is, after all.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:35 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:"But this is incumbent upon... " makes sense to me.
okay, but the usual phrasing is "incumbent upon" and "contingent on";  brie used "impingent on." the latter sounds an awful lot like "contingent on," which could make sense in the context.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:47 pm

swapna wrote:
okay, but the usual phrasing is "incumbent upon" and "contingent on";  brie used "impingent on." the latter sounds an awful lot like "contingent on," which could make sense in the context.

Swapie's gramamr semantic diversion is a fine example that illustartes how Congress diverts and kills the GST bill no matter what.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:14 pm

swapna wrote:
hahahahaaha (sorry for being unorginal and plagiarizing your figures of speech without attribution). you have advertised that you have read many a book? have your read the dictionary (hahahahhahah, excuse me, hahhahahha)? it is also a BOOK! and i consulted it before posting. i know you are poor. but there is also a free dictionary. you can access it online - dictionary.com. tomas (i left out the aich intentionally for the mallu effect) read it NOW!

this govt.  Impg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:20 pm

my usage was wrong. i had intended to use "impinges on." but i did not read the dictionary in detail before posting ("impingment" is an adjective) and went with "impingement" which naturally came to me and a quick google said i wa OK. then what am i? i am an indian who has learnt english through paper backs and comic strips and who will pronounce cannes as "kannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnns."

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:28 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
swapna wrote:

Swapie's gramamr semantic diversion is a fine example that illustartes how Congress diverts and kills the GST bill no matter what.
That may be about to change, following the reversal by one of the biggest foes of a national sales tax—Narendra Modi, the Prime Minister who took office in May. After opposing a goods and services tax (GST) during his 12 years running Gujarat, Modi has pulled his ruling party behind the idea and plans to enact it within eight months.

Success would mean replacing more than a dozen types of tax that increase incentives for corruption, and offer the economy a boost of as much as 1.7%, according to the National Council of Applied Economic Research in New Delhi. Modi, who once said the levy was impossible to implement, now needs the revenue to trim a federal deficit.
http://www.livemint.com/Politics/lHBlcNNuN3OOPCNZeSksgK/Narendra-Modis-GST-Uturn-set-to-make-India-single-market-f.html
and the long term memory loss suffered by folks like you illustrates how BJP and its supporters bury their heads in the sand.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:50 pm

brie wrote:my usage was wrong. i had intended to use "impinges on." but i did not read the dictionary in detail before posting ("impingent" is an adjective) and went with "impingent" which naturally came to me and a quick google said i wa OK. then what am i? i am an indian who has learnt english through paper backs and comic strips and who will pronounce cannes as "kannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnns."

*fixed*

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:10 pm

brie wrote:my usage was wrong. i had intended to use "impinges on." but i did not read the dictionary in detail before posting ("impingment" is an adjective) and went with "impingement" which naturally came to me and a quick google said i wa OK. then what am i? i am an indian who has learnt english through paper backs and comic strips and who will pronounce cannes as "kannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnns."
idiocy, ignorance, incivility, or juvenility is each forgivable singly, if you are suitably contrite. but you cannot redeem your fat posterior from the shameless display of aggressive idiocy, rude incivility, and awkward attempts at juvenile humour that you put on in your previous post, no matter what asinine excuse you've fabricated in this post.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:20 pm

swamps wrote:
brie wrote:my usage was wrong. i had intended to use "impinges on." but i did not read the dictionary in detail before posting ("impingment" is an adjective) and went with "impingement" which naturally came to me and a quick google said i wa OK. then what am i? i am an indian who has learnt english through paper backs and comic strips and who will pronounce cannes as "kannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnns."
idiocy, ignorance, incivility, or juvenility is each forgivable singly, if you are suitably contrite. but you cannot redeem your fat posterior from the shameless display of aggressive idiocy, rude incivility, and awkward attempts at juvenile humour that you put on in your previous post, no matter what asinine excuse you've fabricated in this post.
on awkward attempts at juvenile humour: is "kannnnnnnns" twice as humorous as "kannnns " merely because there are twice as many n's in the former word as in the latter? is there any humour in either distortion of "cannes?"

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:07 am

swapna wrote:
awwww shut up old fag. "impingent on" is quite ok. YOU learn something new every day and today you need to thank me. thanks for playing and biting the bait. 

this govt.  Imping10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:40 am

Hellsangel wrote:People who discuss semantics to death are natural Blythe supporters. It all boils down to what the definition of "is" is, after all.
LMAOOOOO. missed this last night. in case i haven't mentioned earlier, i like your signature. i do not recall it from GOST 'cos i dumped it half way.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:05 am

brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
awwww shut up old fag. "impingent on" is quite ok. YOU learn something new every day and today you need to thank me. thanks for playing and biting the bait. 

this govt.  Imping10
please stop whining pathetically about the error you made, or my boot will be impingent on your fat arse.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:43 am

swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
swapna wrote:

this govt.  Imping10
please stop whining pathetically about the error you made, or my boot will be impingent on your fat arse.
what error did i or sterne make you dumb-as-a-doorknob cretin?

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:11 am

brie wrote:

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2015-12-15/news/69061742_1_gst-bill-gst-council-gst-structure wrote:On dispute resolution mechanism, Verma said GST council will not decide on the dispute but will only look at the modalities.
"So what would be an independent mechanism for dispute resolution will be recommended by the GST council. It can be in the form of tribunal, authority or others. The council itself would not be resolving the issues", she said.

If there is one GST and there is an intent to have an independent dispute resolution mechanism, then why pass the buck to an unweieldby body like the GST Council to work out the modality of that mechanism?? Why not include it in the Act in the spirit of give-some-take-some and ensure that the bill gets passed?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:30 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
brie wrote:

If there is one GST and there is an intent to have an independent dispute resolution mechanism, then why pass the buck to an unweieldby body like the GST Council to work out the modality of that mechanism?? Why not include it in the Act in the spirit of give-some-take-some and ensure that the bill gets passed?
fully agree. the tribunal should be set up by the act (the unwieldy council should have nothing to do with it). i wish i was drafting the bill.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:46 am

brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
swapna wrote:

this govt.  Imping10

read sterne's post again.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:02 pm

swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
swapna wrote:

this govt.  Imping10

spell it out fat ass; it is stern not sterne (DO NO QUOTE ME WITHOUT ATTRIBUTION FAILED-CONSULTANT!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:40 pm

Ransack your brain for a cogent answer Tomas

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:07 am

brie wrote:Ransack your brain for a cogent answer Tomas
your latest post does not ask any question, so there can be no answer

however, I have this comment: your last two posts were funny in the weirdest possible way, not because of any humour in them - you wouldn't know humour if you had a head-on collision with it - but because of the idiocy and juvenility that characterise them. are you fifty or fifteen?

regardless, keep those "funny" posts coming, for they are mildly entertaining in their weirdness, and they help me learn more about indians', esp northpeepal's "humour."

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:34 pm

brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
brie wrote:

this govt.  Imping10

spell it out fat ass; it is stern not sterne (DO NO QUOTE ME WITHOUT ATTRIBUTION FAILED-CONSULTANT!)

hahahaha, thanks for the joke. it's uproariously funny and original.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:59 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
swapna wrote:

many thanks to huzefa chaprasi and penius seetharamayya for further revelations of, and insights into indian, esp northpeepal's notions of humour and sarcasm.

may you both always regale us plebes with an endless stream of narratives about the thrill of "tyre-level" drives in ferraris, the discovery of wank-worthy photographs of anonymous korean girls who don't have dense tropical forests growing on their legs, and pictures inspired by the excitement of eating three square meals a day, composed of dishes drenched in white, corn-flour sauce.

and may you always be blessed with the ownership of a personal, bronze silver lotah that requires you to type in your password on its touch-sensitive screen, before you can use it, toilet paper be damned.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:13 pm

swapna wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
brie wrote:
swapna wrote:
brie wrote:

many thanks to huzefa chaprasi and penius seetharamayya for further revelations of, and insights into indian, esp northpeepal's notions of humour and sarcasm.

may you both always regale us plebes with an endless stream of narratives about the thrill of "tyre-level" drives in ferraris, the discovery of wank-worthy photographs of anonymous korean girls who don't have dense tropical forests growing on their legs, and pictures inspired by the excitement of eating three square meals a day, composed of dishes drenched in white, corn-flour sauce.

and may you always be blessed with the ownership of a personal, bronze silver lotah that requires you to type in your password on its touch-sensitive screen, before you can use it, toilet paper be damned.

very unoriginal and weak.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:20 am

swapna wrote:

however, I have this comment: your last two posts were funny in the weirdest possible way, not because of any humour in them - you wouldn't know humour if you had a head-on collision with it - but because of the idiocy and juvenility that characterise them. are you fifty or fifteen?

regardless, keep those "funny" posts coming, for they are mildly entertaining in their weirdness, and they help me learn more about indians', esp northpeepal's "humour."
related to the bangladeshi cricket team's captain failed-consultant?

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:09 am

brie wrote:
swapna wrote:

spiki ingileezi?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:45 am

swapna wrote:
brie wrote:
swapna wrote:

spiki ingileezi?
can but won't because you can't. spiki TCH sambar (note the sp.)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:52 pm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/-Difficult-to-accept-Congress-demand-to-cap-GST-rate-Arun-Jaitley/articleshow/51441115.cms
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down