Trump is still a con man, but I support him! Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump is still a con man, but I support him!

2 posters

Go down

Trump is still a con man, but I support him! Empty Trump is still a con man, but I support him!

Post by Idéfix Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:34 pm

The GOP establishment is still struggling with how to process the takeover of their party by Donald Trump. They are like employees of a company which has been taken over, looking to keep their jobs but not really happy with the new management. Marco Rubio tries to play that balancing act...

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rubio-trump-con-man-still-support

In the final weeks of his 2016 presidential run, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) threw every insult in the book at Donald Trump, calling him a litigious, “orange” “con man.” The Florida senator said Monday that he will not retract those comments, even though he is now supporting Trump’s campaign.

“I’ve stood by everything I ever said in my campaign,” Rubio told the Miami Herald editorial board in a meeting when asked about the "con man" remark.

Rubio, who is running for reelection after insisting that he would become a “private citizen” next year, claimed that Trump’s candidacy helped convince him he needed to remain on Capitol Hill.

“We’re in a different place now. Now we have a binary choice — not a choice between 15 people or 12 people,” he told the Herald staff. “There are two people in the world that are going to be the next president, either Donald or Hillary. In our republic, while the presidency is powerful, there is a balance of power in this country, and a significant amount of it resides in the United States Senate. It’s one of the reasons why I seek to run again.”
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Trump is still a con man, but I support him! Empty Re: Trump is still a con man, but I support him!

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:46 pm

good, i have no sympathy for these hypocrites. they are reaping what they have been sowing for decades. here is an interview with michael steele the former holder of joker reince preibus's job who was kicked out unceremoniously because he refused to toe the party line. it is very insightful.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2016/08/16/michael-steele-is-no-pied-piper-but-the-republican-party-should-follow-his-lead/?

“Has the Republican Party made a mistake by nominating Donald Trump?” I asked Michael Steele, former chairman of the Republican National Committee. “No, no. I don’t think so because this is all part of the plan,” he said. A plan that isn’t talked about much.

“This is all part of the process,” he said. “This has to happen. This confrontation with ourselves.” That confrontation involves the GOP realizing that it has itself to blame for the destructive rise of Trump. “[I]n large measure, we laid down the metrics and pathway for Donald Trump to emerge and to arise the way he did,” Steele said. “He understood the GOP better than the GOP understood itself.” Steele contends that because trust between the party and its base is gone, “[T]his confrontation within the party is something that is long overdue.”

“Case in point,” he continued, “when I got elected chairman. I had a member come up to me almost immediately and say after my election as chairman and say….’This so exciting…Now black folks will join the party.’ And my response was, ‘Really?! You think I’m a Pied Piper? Just because you elected a black man chairman black folks are going to wake up and tomorrow morning and go, ‘Oh my God! They elected a black man!’? Let’s join the GOP.’ That sort of thin understanding of what it takes to actually engage the black vote has been probably the Achilles heel of the modern-day Republican Party.”
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down