Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life ar 48 for a man.

4 posters

Go down

Life ar 48 for a man. Empty Life ar 48 for a man.

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:07 am

I dunno about others.

But I am losing interest in life.

The whole life appears "stupid", "silly".

A free-minded man has been wrapped in civil society - rules of marriage, kids.

Something is wrong in life.

I camped last night at Rocky Mountain National Park, hiked to Alberta Falls, and Club lake - Finally gave in to buy the annual pass for Federal Parks in US. 

I should have been born as a free animal in jungle, closer to nature I believe.

I might end up living as one.

Humans are fkked up. I do not like their life (style).

random musings.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Life ar 48 for a man. Empty Re: Life ar 48 for a man.

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:08 am

Life *at* 48 for a man.

I need "reading glasses" too :-)

Typing to me is without watching any key....

But I miss now.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:08 pm

you went to camping alone?

if being with nature does it for you, then I guess go ahead with it... as long as wife and kids agree, heh.

reading this, realized that's close to what my ex husband managed to achieve. that is, he lives on his own free will. It wasn't easy for either of us and took 9+ years to settle down. But as of now he's leading a fairly free life, with very few restrictions set by me. When people complain to me why do you let him do this, or how do you let him get away with that, my only answer is, 'chalo atleast one of us is living the life'... heh

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:45 pm

rasāsvāda wrote:you went to camping alone?

if being with nature does it for you, then I guess go ahead with it... as long as wife and kids agree, heh.

reading this, realized that's close to what my ex husband managed to achieve. that is, he lives on his own free will. It wasn't easy for either of us and took 9+ years to settle down. But as of now he's leading a fairly free life, with very few restrictions set by me. When people complain to me why do you let him do this, or how do you let him get away with that, my only answer is, 'chalo atleast one of us is living the life'... heh

lucky him, I say... Wink - lemme know when he goes on sabbatical, and you need a sub....

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:26 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
rasāsvāda wrote:you went to camping alone?

lucky him, I say... Wink - lemme know when he goes on sabbatical, and you need a sub....

a sub for...cooking and cleaning? coz that's what he mainly does for me  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:04 pm

hey, sorry....it's embarrassing that I wrote it like impulsively, and meant to say that it's so enviable etc., ... Nevertheless, thanks for the civility in your response; you are such a sweetheart, like mother Theresa.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:23 pm

haha ... not sure what in my first post gave the impression that he and i are still together that way... 

i mean, ideally i should die out of low self esteem. all the men in my life so far, whenever i asked or demanded them for doing anything for me, even if to spend a little more time with me, they chose to give me up rather than giving up whatever i was asking them. 

but still, i am obviously dense about my self worth, so nothing going on on that front. 

and i wasn't offended by your post either... just today i was talking to my ex bf, and he wasn't able to wrap his head around the fact that i can go on so many months without getting laid. And then he suggested that maybe I should lose some weight. To that, I made a brave claim that if I want to hook up with a guy today, I will have one at my door tomorrow. He said maybe I should reconsider my big statement, and I said nope, maybe not for an extended affair, but I can definitely get a guy for a hook up looking exactly the way I do now. 

Then later I was wondering if I misspoke. but then i saw your message hours later, and even though it was through the walls of unseen, was glad to get a veiled offer. hehe. Now you may go ahead and say 'no no delusional aunty, that's not what i meant'... who cares. Me happy already.  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:19 pm

rasāsvāda wrote:haha ... not sure what in my first post gave the impression that he and i are still together that way... 

i mean, ideally i should die out of low self esteem. all the men in my life so far, whenever i asked or demanded them for doing anything for me, even if to spend a little more time with me, they chose to give me up rather than giving up whatever i was asking them. 

but still, i am obviously dense about my self worth, so nothing going on on that front. 

and i wasn't offended by your post either... just today i was talking to my ex bf, and he wasn't able to wrap his head around the fact that i can go on so many months without getting laid. And then he suggested that maybe I should lose some weight. To that, I made a brave claim that if I want to hook up with a guy today, I will have one at my door tomorrow. He said maybe I should reconsider my big statement, and I said nope, maybe not for an extended affair, but I can definitely get a guy for a hook up looking exactly the way I do now. 

Then later I was wondering if I misspoke. but then i saw your message hours later, and even though it was through the walls of unseen, was glad to get a veiled offer. hehe. Now you may go ahead and say 'no no delusional aunty, that's not what i meant'... who cares. Me happy already.  Laughing

oh... please, RS-K. I am incapable of saying that to you, after all these years. And, coming to think of it, we have had similar earnest exchanges very many times before - as other folks here have pointed out, but we never cared, did we?- and nothing has changed or should change, I should think Wink

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:28 pm

Wink *hugs*

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:19 pm

after a certain age, life is more meaningful if lived for someone else. kids, aging parents, *others* less fortunate etc...

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:39 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:after a certain age, life is more meaningful if lived for someone else. kids, aging parents, *others* less fortunate etc...
Well Said!

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:58 am

@rasam-vada: No, I camped with my wife and son. My dotter did not come. The campfire was only for s'mores. Dinner was in a fancy Mexcian restaurant in Estes Park/Town. The point is - Camping is not a jungle experience. One can do it keeping it luxurious. I dont like it this way, but we need to find a balance between family. What you talk of your hubby is always taken with a pinch of salt. I am sure he has his own story/version. Well, just like how my wife would have her own. We are all one sided stories here. And I do not trust you.

@DUT/Propa: Hmm. Deep talk. Idealistic to live for *others*. After all, you are a Saggi like me. But more I know myself, more I realize as to how selfish I am. And how selfish this world is. Its all relative. I used to think that youth is selfish, now I realize that older one gets, more selfish they become. Strange, and counter-intuitive.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:53 am

TruthSeeker wrote:@rasam-vada: What you talk of your hubby is always taken with a pinch of salt. I am sure he has his own story/version. Well, just like how my wife would have her own. We are all one sided stories here. And I do not trust you.

well my version is all you got, not that I care if you trust it or not. i would never drag him in a debate anyway... made that mistake when separating for the first time. called his family over, his friends came too, and all wanted to weigh in on why our marriage should or should not break. At the time my appeals were all in earnest. Realized after that, I can't be trashing my kids' dad publicly. Hate this thing about Indians. Even your aunt's neighbor's uncle feels the need to be agreeable to your divorce decision. On this site, it's my personal thoughts that maybe 5 people care to read.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:02 am

it's refreshing, and please keep it going - it will never be none.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:05 pm

@rasam-vada.

I dont know whats going in on with the stars, but recently too many women I have known divorced.

I never imagined in my life they would.

Perhaps, I am in my 40s, and thats when this shyt happens.

#1: An Australian woman. Very ambitious. Perhaps worth $5M or more, all on her own. I have hiked with her with my family a few times. Though she is a hard core, could hike Mt. Everest soon, who knows. The point is - She divorced her hubby after being married for over 20 years. Really? How can a woman do that? I am her friend, so I just nod my head. But at least I can tell here, that I am confused.

#2: A Turkish woman. I worked with in 2007. And arranged a lunch meeting in 2018. Her husband was cheating on her. Jerk.

You know the commonality between these 2?

Both of these immigrant women worked their a-ss off to reach a point in their life, that they earn more than what their American husbands do.

And a family can never survive where a husband sits on his a-ss.

But I am amused. Why so many women in life who have been through this pain?

WTF.

I am planning to go to Yellowstone this long weekend.

I just love trees, a creek nearby, and no phone signal.

Point being - I am tired of "wife's" versions.

Best wishes to you.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:25 pm

the only thing is, i wrote only what your post reminded me of. This is not my 'version' of anything. I don't think i have mentioned the exact events that led to our divorce, and i am fairly private about it in real life too, unless it's with a few close people who witnessed the events as they unfolded.

What I wrote was how i perceive his life, and things i tell people when they see the same and question me. repeat here:

however, now that I know how you misread stuff or put words into my post that i didn't write, i guess it's better for me is to not respond to you. fair and easy enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:40 am

Ok.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down