quarantine Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

quarantine

3 posters

Go down

quarantine Empty quarantine

Post by desi aunty Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:19 pm

seriously... 

quarantine 93363481_1142912916075582_2255207333363712000_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=sHtXAPbYtrwAX-hnX1q&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-5

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

quarantine Empty Re: quarantine

Post by desi aunty Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:18 pm

the last two pics specifically. just today at 3 pm i was curled up and passed out on the other sofa under the toasty sunlight from west-facing windows, and xh wakes me up - 'aunty?' ... 'huh?' and with eyes still closed, i am thinking - where am i what time is it what day is it... and then he goes - 'are you ok?' and i go a small - 'yeah' and then back to sweet deep slumber. Same scenario on my recliner, or in my bed, at all odd times. I was never like this. as much as i love sleeping, I have only slept in my bed at regular hours with a pre-sleep routine, so can imagine his half-fear at finding me this way so often lol. He even said once - 'you never ever fall asleep on the couch at midnight, I get worried'. 

am so lazy all the time. even my friend has started pushing me to join online meets and events and all. she's like - 'how have you possibly been INSIDE the house for last 4 weeks, not even stepped out for walking in such a good weather?' and i am like - 'nope, not even to the mail box'. In PJs all the time, but a clean set daily and i do shower daily. 

another side effect. After years my hands have become slightly untanned. When i had roasted them 3 years ago in a tropical vacation, i had thought it's my new skin tone for good, coz i am always going out for sunny vacations so i stay tanned (legs is another story - i need to tan them afresh every summer). Now it feels kinda odd to look at paler hands while typing.   

how has quarantine affected you? at all?

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

Post by Appalamma Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:56 pm

I am cooking every day. We used to eat out 2ce a day. That is all gone. I am exercising with my husband on Wednesdays. I cant go for swims or hikes. Doing a lot of online quizzes.

Appalamma

Back to top Go down

Post by desi aunty Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:44 pm

Appalamma wrote:I am cooking every day. We used to eat out 2ce a day. That is all gone. I am exercising with my husband on Wednesdays. I cant go for swims or hikes. Doing a lot of online quizzes.

Nice what all have you made so far. Our cooking has increased only slightly, but I haven’t made any speciality item that most of my friends are now doing coz they have more time. We still do a takeout once a week or so, with full on paranoia, cleaning the boxes and all. I am also playing so many more random games on my phone and I finished each and every puzzle on this one lol - https://www.brainzilla.com/logic/zebra/

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

Post by Appalamma Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:12 pm

desi aunty wrote:
Appalamma wrote:I am cooking every day. We used to eat out 2ce a day. That is all gone. I am exercising with my husband on Wednesdays. I cant go for swims or hikes. Doing a lot of online quizzes.

Nice what all have you made so far. Our cooking has increased only slightly, but I haven’t made any speciality item that most of my friends are now doing coz they have more time. We still do a takeout once a week or so, with full on paranoia, cleaning the boxes and all. I am also playing so many more random games on my phone and I finished each and every puzzle on this one lol - https://www.brainzilla.com/logic/zebra/
I am baking bread of sorts every week. By online quizzes, I mean trivia competitions with some folks from my quiz group. We are doing fairly well so far.

Appalamma

Back to top Go down

Post by desi aunty Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:57 am

Appalamma wrote:
desi aunty wrote:

I am baking bread of sorts every week. By online quizzes, I mean trivia competitions with some folks from my quiz group. We are doing fairly well so far.
 That’s cool. Wondering if all those coding marathons are also all online now. 

We play games on house party sometimes, which is funny. All of us sitting in the same living room but playing house party with our mics muted.

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:27 pm

Weirdly, I am working odd hours and well into the night. Don’t know why
Y I have this compulsion. Part of it is the workload, but a bigger part of it is not wanting to think about this quarantine business. I go out for a walk around the park close by. It is about 3 miles I think. I cleaned out the garage a couple of days. Overall, I am in a positive frame  of mind. Maybe this is a much needed re-set for society to start focusing on what is impor

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Appalamma Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:12 am

I've heard a lot of people telling me that they are working crazy hours. I wonder why that is.

Appalamma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:10 am

Appalamma wrote:I've heard a lot of people telling me that they are working crazy hours. I wonder why that is.
Maybe it gives structure. I think it is true at some subconscious level for me. I am at least also in the thick of the stimulus activity. So it is also a case of workload.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by desi aunty Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:12 pm

Yeah one does tend to work more hours. I am typically logging in easily 2 extra hours daily on average. Have to make extra effort to close the laptop and get up. But I have gone past 8 pm only some days so far.

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down