To Maria Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Maria

3 posters

Go down

To Maria Empty To Maria

Post by MulaiAzhagi Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:15 pm

I heard you.

As a way to redeem myself, I will be posting only high minded stuff for the next 30 days.

BTW here is an assignment for you.

1. Who said 'Love all. Serve all.'?

2. Who said 'Keep hope alive'?

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

To Maria Empty Re: To Maria

Post by Maria S Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:11 pm

Oh, thanks Sara..am happy now:D!

Appreciate the gesture..But, please, don't have to do anything to redeem yourself- impress me! You know I will take the liberty to be direct (in my own way) with you, if I think it was important, because I know-you can hear me, and you know that I will always listen to you. The respect and affection is mutual!

Frankly, I don't read all that you post (sorry!) I do like some of the stuff post-like the video about the Nomads - "The right to roam" was really good..learned something new and it made me think about similar groups!

Now Teacher Sara,

1) I have heard very similar lines- but, don't know the person credited as author of the quote! (get a big zero for this one Crying or Very sad !)

2) Rev. Jessie Jackson

Am curious to know the answer to #1.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by MulaiAzhagi Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:13 pm

===> Sri Sathya Sai Baba

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:22 pm

Really? Did not know that, interesting.

I only know a little about him.

In general..think at least some of the Spiritual/Religious leaders, start out with good intentions, teaching good values..but, unfortunately, become lost/corrupt with all the fame, fortune, "influence/power" they have over others. And the leader/followers if vulnerable- become so attached/bonded..it leads to all kinds of temptations and acts.

I do think the good values/messages are bigger than the messenger.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:40 pm

Maria S wrote:
Now Teacher Sara,

1) I have heard very similar lines- but, don't know the person credited as author of the quote! (get a big zero for this one Crying or Very sad !)

2) Rev. Jessie Jackson

1. Sathya Sai Baba - if I am right

2. You are right.. Rev Jackson at the 1984 Dem Convention, when he played hardball with his 18+% vote. It was actually a great speech - with all his abilities as a preacher.

(BTW, Clinton's 1988 (nominating) speech is one of the mostest boringest speech ever by a politician anywhere in the world.)

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:00 pm

For Saami: To Maria 459784477

Yes, I remember the rousing speech with great Oratory of Rev. Jackson in that convention..and in ref to aging, although his speech does not have the clarity anymore..he looks great for a 70+ year old man.

And as you say..Pres. Clinton was went on and on and on!

Was thinking about bad candidates for Pres. speeches..McCain, Kerrey were not that good, imo. And while Romney may still be the Republican Nominee..he should never go off script! As good looking as he is..he really becomes goofy and comical with his laughter- body language.

GN!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down