Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

incontrovertible proof that kannadigas eat and speak dakhini

5 posters

Go down

incontrovertible proof that kannadigas eat and speak dakhini Empty incontrovertible proof that kannadigas eat and speak dakhini

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 11:20 am

incontrovertible proof that kannadigas eat and speak dakhini Imag0115

Back to top Go down

incontrovertible proof that kannadigas eat and speak dakhini Empty Re: incontrovertible proof that kannadigas eat and speak dakhini

Post by Idéfix Tue May 15, 2012 11:37 am

Haha. Can you investigate this further and find out if they serve Andhra mango pickle?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

incontrovertible proof that kannadigas eat and speak dakhini Empty Re: incontrovertible proof that kannadigas eat and speak dakhini

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue May 15, 2012 11:45 am

panini press wrote:Haha. Can you investigate this further and find out if they serve Andhra mango pickle?

the possibilities for synthegration are endless.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 12:02 pm

panini press wrote:Haha. Can you investigate this further and find out if they serve Andhra mango pickle?

from what i recall, nizami food meant starvation diet as per what you were claiming earlier. is andhra mango pickle a part of starvation diet according to you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 12:27 pm

Rashmun wrote:from what i recall, nizami food meant starvation diet as per what you were claiming earlier.

well, charvaka is apparently wrong on this count. that entry in samosapedia has only 2 "ups." unless charvaka has anecdotal experience to support his claim. a quick google search will reveal that there are several upmarket restaurants in bengaluru specializing in nizami cuisine.

i will visit the restaurant tomorrow to search for andhra mango pickle. i will have to break a shutter gate lock -- small price to pay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 12:29 pm

the gate seems to be angled in the middle. guess u or someone can jump over it. no?

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue May 15, 2012 12:34 pm

Rashmun wrote:

from what i recall, nizami food meant starvation diet as per what you were claiming earlier. is andhra mango pickle a part of starvation diet according to you?
Here is what Samosapedia, the definitive guide to South Asian lingo, says:

nizami food, Noun.
Euphemism for starvation diet. From the lack of adequate food that the vast majority of the Nizam's subjects suffered from, thanks to the high taxes they had to pay to make the Nizam the world's richest man.

Not to be confused with Hyderabadi food.

"My doc wants me to lose fifty pounds; I am gonna put me on Nizami food for a while."

"I stuffed myself at lunch today. I am going to do Nizami food tonight."

"Oh, no the Guptas invited us for dinner again. They always serve Nizami food. I have to come home and make myself a sandwich after."

Related terms: biryani, hyderabadi, food, starvation
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 12:59 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Here is what Samosapedia, the definitive guide to South Asian lingo, says:

nizami food, Noun.
Euphemism for starvation diet. From the lack of adequate food that the vast majority of the Nizam's subjects suffered from, thanks to the high taxes they had to pay to make the Nizam the world's richest man.

Not to be confused with Hyderabadi food.

"My doc wants me to lose fifty pounds; I am gonna put me on Nizami food for a while."

"I stuffed myself at lunch today. I am going to do Nizami food tonight."

"Oh, no the Guptas invited us for dinner again. They always serve Nizami food. I have to come home and make myself a sandwich after."

Related terms: biryani, hyderabadi, food, starvation

The legacy from the Nizam's of Hyderabad is well and alive at
Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel where Executive Chef Surjan
Singh Jolly has planned a feast fit for a king. Experience the princely
cuisine from the royal state of Hyderabad at Nawab Saheb.

Savor the aromatic amalgamation of herbs, spices and other condiments in
carefully crafted preparations such as Kacchi Gosht Biryani, Dum ka
Murgh, Jheenge Ka Salan, Lagan Gosht, Bhagara Baingan, Ambada Chana,
Keot ki Seekh and Diwani Handi to name a few. Complete your meal with
traditional sweet dishes such as Gil-e-firdaus, Phirni, Khubbani ka
meetha, Anjeer ki kulfi to name a few. Utmost attention has been given
in preparing these delicacies with picking the right kind of meat and
rice in to add a distinct taste and aroma to each dish, which is the
crux of Hyderabadi cuisine.

Come and experience dining in true Nizami style as Nawab Saheb will
introduce you to the hospitality of the Nizams of Hyderabad by
transporting you to the bygone era with the opulent and royal decor of
the restaurant.

Price: Veg - Rs. 1500++
Non Veg - Rs. 2000++
Seafood - Rs. 3000++

http://www.zomato.com/events/mumbai/nizam-s-banquet-100011453

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue May 15, 2012 1:33 pm

bwahahahaaaaaa

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue May 15, 2012 3:07 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:the gate seems to be angled in the middle. guess u or someone can jump over it. no?
he can't jump over a bloody thing; he'll need to be air-lifted. even then, his breasts will jiggle.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue May 15, 2012 3:53 pm

i saw the word mango pickle in this thread somewhere. just saying.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 3:58 pm

Impedimenta wrote:i saw the word mango pickle in this thread somewhere. just saying.

There are countless versions of mango
pickle in India with each region having its own host of recipes. This
one is from the Northern state of Uttar Pradesh and is often eaten with stuffed parathas (Indian bread) and yoghurt.Ingredients:

• 1 kg raw green mangoes (cut into 4-8 pieces each)
  • 1 cup white sea/rock salt
  • 3 tbsps aniseed/fennel seeds
  • 1 1/2 tbsp mustard seeds
  • 3 tbsps kalonji (onion seeds)
  • 1 tbsp fenugreek seeds
  • 5 tbsps red chilli powder
  • 2 tsp sturmeric powder
  • 3 cups (710 ml) mustard oil
Preparation:

• Sterilise and thoroughly dry a glass pickling jar.
  • Put the mangoes in the jar and cover with salt. Mix well and cover the jar tightly.
  • Leave the jar out in the sun for a week so that the mangoes soften.
  • Mix the aniseed/fennel, mustard, onion and fenugreek seeds, chilli powder and turmeric together.
  • Add this spice mix to the mangoes.
  • Heat the mustard oil till it smokes and then turn off the fire. Allow the oil to cool fully.
  • Pour this oil over the mangoes so that all the pieces are submerged. Mix well.
  • Put the tightly covered jar back in the sun for two weeks. Stir everyday to mix well.
  • Eat with stuffed parathas and yogurt or with chapatis (Indian flatbread) and any vegetable dish.
http://indianfood.about.com/od/picklesandpreserves/r/upaamachaar.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 11:51 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
that entry in samosapedia has only 2 "ups."

LOL this poll riggging virus has spread to samosapedia. now it has 9 ups and 1 down. i am going to give it 1 more down vote.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed May 16, 2012 1:24 am

From the definitive source of South Asian lingo: http://samosapedia.com/entries/12657/dhed%20dimaag

dhed dimaag
Noun.
A stupid person who thinks he is really quite smart. This person thinks that as long as he pretends to be smart, others will consider him smart, while everybody around him sees that he is a complete idiot.

Kitta dhed dimaag hai re unon! Khaali peeli internet pe kuch to bhi baatan karte. Aur pooche to idhar udhar ke be-matlab linkaan chipka dete.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 16, 2012 2:27 am

Pp, are you hyderabadi? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 16, 2012 5:58 am

panini press wrote:From the definitive source of South Asian lingo: http://samosapedia.com/entries/12657/dhed%20dimaag

dhed dimaag
Noun.
A stupid person who thinks he is really quite smart. This person thinks that as long as he pretends to be smart, others will consider him smart, while everybody around him sees that he is a complete idiot.

Kitta dhed dimaag hai re unon! Khaali peeli internet pe kuch to bhi baatan karte. Aur pooche to idhar udhar ke be-matlab linkaan chipka dete.

hyderabadi hindi sounds very cute. it sounds very similar to a rustic village dialect of uttar pradesh or bihar. words like 'Aur pooche to idhar udhar ke be-matlab linkaan chipka dete' is the kind of colloquial language a villager in UP or Bihar would use.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down