vijay iyer at the lincoln center listening room Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vijay iyer at the lincoln center listening room

Go down

vijay iyer at the lincoln center listening room Empty vijay iyer at the lincoln center listening room

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed May 16, 2012 10:13 pm

this listening party gathered right on the day his album solo was released two years ago. it makes for interesting watching and listening if you are really into this form of music. i loved every second of it when he goes deep into his jazz influences and how it came about that he became a piano player.

the most moving part of the whole hour for me was when he explains the epiphanic instant in his life when he decided he wanted to make a career and field change from physicist to jazz artist. specifically, listening about his struggle given the lack of role models from the indian american community, and uncertainty about how to go about making it in this music was to me a throat lump inducing moment. i really think his music has so much beauty and gravitas because it comes from a place of intense internal struggle. not all struggle and hardship has to come from impecunious circumstances. i hope you all will enjoy watching and listening to this as much as i did.

http://www.rm3s.net/jalc-edu/Default.aspx?mg=4107f32e-c173-4a7f-b033-a9e81ce77107&preview=1%22%20target=%22_blank%22%3EListening%20Party%20%20Vijay%20Iyer%20083110
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down