Just an observation Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just an observation

4 posters

Go down

Just an observation Empty Just an observation

Post by Mr. T Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:13 am

I couldn't help but notice this - Ever since people moved from Sulekha to here, the traffic has gone down pretty badly. Is the admin monitoring and filtering posts ? Even the chat has become a ghost town... WHY O WHY ?

Mr. T

Back to top Go down

Just an observation Empty Re: Just an observation

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:19 am

Mr. T wrote:I couldn't help but notice this - Ever since people moved from Sulekha to here, the traffic has gone down pretty badly. Is the admin monitoring and filtering posts ? Even the chat has become a ghost town... WHY O WHY ?

people have life now. and a garden too, maybe. also mba.

edit: for example, I am going to go walking in the park. hoosband never forgets to remind me of the unfortunate women who go running in the park and get raped and murdered and left to be found 2 days later, but I assure him that no one would do any such thing to me...

but guess what, he went hiking with me y'day, and we saw TWO snakes along the trail... was such a I-told-you-it's-not-safe-for-you-to-go-alone moment for him! Anyway, am NEVER going on THAT trail alone now, but there is a 'safer' one close by.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:24 am

listen mr. T, ever since social media and mirco-blogging has taken off, traffic in discussion boards/forums has gone down badly ewvVerrRRywheRrre. sepia mutiny has closed down for this reason. let me check...brb. yes they have closed down but you can, ha ha, excuse me, ha ha, follow them on twitter. so quit cribbing and create a twitter and FB account ASAP.

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:33 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:31 am

What kind of snakes did you see. If they are black on top and silver on the belly side, they are called black snakes and are pretty harmless. They do bite on occasion but they are not poisonous.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. T Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:34 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:listen mr. T, ever since social media and mirco-blogging has taken off, traffic in discussion boards/forums has gone down badly ewvVerrRRywheRrre. sepia mutiny has closed down for this reason. let me check...brb. yes they have closed down but you can, ha ha, excuse me, ha ha, follow them on twitter. so quit cribbing and create a twitter and FB account ASAP.

You do have a point...I do have a Twitter account, FB account..just that my need for online interaction is insatiable !!!

Mr. T

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. T Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:34 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:
Mr. T wrote:I couldn't help but notice this - Ever since people moved from Sulekha to here, the traffic has gone down pretty badly. Is the admin monitoring and filtering posts ? Even the chat has become a ghost town... WHY O WHY ?

edit: for example, I am going to go walking in the park. hoosband never forgets to remind me of the unfortunate women who go running in the park and get raped and murdered and left to be found 2 days later, but I assure him that no one would do any such thing to me...

but guess what, he went hiking with me y'day, and we saw TWO snakes along the trail... was such a I-told-you-it's-not-safe-for-you-to-go-alone moment for him! Anyway, am NEVER going on THAT trail alone now, but there is a 'safer' one close by.

How does a trail become safe...ever ?

Mr. T

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:52 am

The traffic here ebbs and flows. Admin has logged in just once in the last six months, and there's no monitoring or filtering of any sort going on here.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:52 am

indophile wrote:What kind of snakes did you see. If they are black on top and silver on the belly side, they are called black snakes and are pretty harmless. They do bite on occasion but they are not poisonous.

One was black. It was pretty long and about 2" diameter, but we saw only the middle section of it, the rest of it was under the leaves. A woman with a dog coming from the opposite direction warned us about it, coz she saw K walking too close to that edge. She also thought that it was probably dead, coz it didn't move at all, but her dog had jumped up seeing it, so you never know. When I saw it, I screamed a bit, and K got scared that the snake will get up from his slumber hearing me scream.

The second one was black with yellow stripes, and was very thin, and maybe a little longer than a foot. Seeing it, I saw it and pointed it out to K, and he jumped up again simply in anticipation that I would scream and the startle the snake. Later on I was making fun of him that he got more scared, when it's actually me who is phobic. He said he was scared coz he fears for my fears (I had recently gone into a major panic attack but that story for another day, so ya he had no intention of handling that again). I thought the stripes were along the width, husband thought it was along the length. At home, daughter googled and declared that it was yellow rat snake, with stripes along the length.

Both the times, the snakes were on his side of the trail, which was closer to the canal along which we walked. And both the times, they were sitting still. I might have DIED seeing them move. Also saw a little black turtle on that side. On our walk back, I made him walk on that side again.

I am scarred for life though. I had gone on that trail before (8 miles more north, but the same trail), and that day it was sunny and there were many people. The thought of snakes had not even crossed my mind. Yesterday was cloudy just after a full day of rains. So had dragged K at lunch time to make him see how beautiful it was. However, instead of enjoying the scenary, I just kept looking down watching out for them. He had to tell me 2-3 times to look up and enjoy the view. And all I could talk about was of snakes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:13 am

Mr. T wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote:

How does a trail become safe...ever ?

oops, had replied to the wrong post:

no no, this one was very man made one, and all flat, so it did feel safe. I have posted pic in some other picture thread.

I had also gone to a mountain one last weekend, on which you had to step on rocks to make your way, and it was decently uphill. I had climbed uphill for 1 hour, and it had taken me 45 minutes to go downhill. (Yep, it took daughter massaging every inch of my feet, and a full dose of mortrin to subside the aches that followed).

That time the thought of snakes and bears had crossed my mind, coz that's sorta north jersey, so I had asked a group of hikers and they had laughed and assured me that it's safe. Have been asking K to come to that one too, but he has guaranteed that there must be snakes there too. Let's see...

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:14 am

For one Mr. Murhukumarr has not logged in - cutting down 70% traffic.

then, multiple handlers have have given up that habit somewhat.... TS alone will contribute and increase traffic by 14% with various handles.

If you take these into account, everything will be fine.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:41 am

Mr. T wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:listen mr. T, ever since social media and mirco-blogging has taken off, traffic in discussion boards/forums has gone down badly ewvVerrRRywheRrre. sepia mutiny has closed down for this reason. let me check...brb. yes they have closed down but you can, ha ha, excuse me, ha ha, follow them on twitter. so quit cribbing and create a twitter and FB account ASAP.

You do have a point...I do have a Twitter account, FB account..just that my need for online interaction is insatiable !!!

i think we have made a full circle and are back in the early 90s. if you want to have a freewheeling conversation (or engage in dialectics, excuse me), call a friend over for a coffee/whiskey session at a club and argue your heart out, show your fist, speak loudly and bang the table.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. T Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:14 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

For one Mr. Murhukumarr has not logged in - cutting down 70% traffic.

then, multiple handlers have have given up that habit somewhat.... TS alone will contribute and increase traffic by 14% with various handles.

If you take these into account, everything will be fine.

Who is Murhukumarr !!!?

Mr. T

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:16 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote: if you want to have a freewheeling conversation (or engage in dialectics, excuse me)

typo. that ought to be: "if you want to have a freewheeling conversation (or, excuse me, engage in dialectics)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down