amir smj show - caste factor Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

amir smj show - caste factor

2 posters

Go down

amir smj show - caste factor Empty amir smj show - caste factor

Post by truthbetold Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Few intesting q&a.
how do remove caste from india?
Filmmaker:
By acknowledging it exists. By discussing it.

Bezwada wilson:
They called me bhangi. I never cleaned anything but i am still a banghi.

I do need your tears. I do not want your pity. I

want your anger.
If you missed it check the web site..

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

amir smj show - caste factor Empty Re: amir smj show - caste factor

Post by truthbetold Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:47 pm

Also on the same show few other comments:
A self declared hindu fundamentalist said that brahmin came from mouth (i think of brahma)and ...sudras came from legs. So he will consider the non brahmins to be inferior.

The same guy also said he will choose vedas over constitution of india. (I consider this to be a stupid line of questioning). What amir probably does not even realize is that a person who opposed indian constitution was never given an opportunity to choose an alternative. Tconstitution written by a group of politicos cannot over rule what some believe eternal or at a minimum knowledge of few millenia.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:38 pm

truthbetold wrote:Also on the same show few other comments:
A self declared hindu fundamentalist said that brahmin came from mouth (i think of brahma)and ...sudras came from legs. So he will consider the non brahmins to be inferior.

The same guy also said he will choose vedas over constitution of india. (I consider this to be a stupid line of questioning). What amir probably does not even realize is that a person who opposed indian constitution was never given an opportunity to choose an alternative. constitution written by a group of politicos cannot over rule what some believe eternal or at a minimum knowledge of few millenia.

Then that is no different than iSalamis believing in Koran than any constitution.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:28 pm

Amir and others seem to suggest that just because india adopted a constitution in 1950 entire people will agree and abide by it. Cultural changes take time and effort. India made minimal efforts on educating masses on these issues but so called secular congress spends tons of govt money to publicize sonia rahul and his fore fathers.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:23 am

Is varnasankramam(i think think that is the right word for caste adulteration) the answer to
Caste problem. One other solution suggested was dropping caste names and not collecting caste info in schools and office.
Both are good intentioned but not effective alone.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:01 am

watching now:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:30 am

regarding the first story... the sweeper/jamadarni in our house used to come straight in our kitchen and take water out of our matka. Didn't think anything was odd in this until heard my oldest taiji comment in a joking way when we were sitting in the kitchen once and she saw this: 'tumhari [name] to seedhe chhaati par hee chadi aati hai....'... I think when rents built the new house, they didn't make any 'separate' entrance either, which was there in our old government provided 100-year-old house.

LOL. But all relatives sorta feared/respected my mom, who had been unconventional in many ways, so no one said anything ever, and continued drinking from the same matka.

Mom herself had a highly this-kinda mom... once her oldest sis as a kid had fallen into that kinda tokri, and nani had hosed her down in the angan before letting her back in... they all still go crazy laughing about it....

Maybe mom's logic would have been, modern bathrooms now and that too inside the house, we clean it the same way that they do, so why the difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:14 pm

One of my older relatives used to inquire the social background of my friends after they left the house. She used express her displeasure when she felt we enterain friends of all social backgrounds. She was otherwisea very loving prrson. That ecperience taught me how slow this social integration will be.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down