Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Go down

2022 Empty 2022

Post by desi aunty Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:01 pm

I haven’t done yearly recaps lately….

2020 was a hard year for many. Probably the worst year for me. In fact every time a new year rolls around I feel relieved that it’s distancing me more from 2020, if it makes sense. I used to think I was strong, but man am I weak. If someone diagnoses me with PTSD, I will believe it. Anything small happens, and I go into a tizzy of anxiety attacks. I get asked often to seek professional therapy, but so far I just talk it out with close ones, but let's see... 

2021 just carried over. As a family, we lost more close friends. In this I have nothing but gratitude for family and friends that rallied for us. 

2022 is when I began healing, somewhat. Healing oddly starts with self preservation, and that sometimes need a few cuts. To that end 2022 was the year for me. Either it’s my age or my experience, I have become very patient in many aspects, but at the same time very intolerant too. I read this meme somewhere, that just because you are letting some people out of your life doesn’t mean you don’t wish well for them. To me it just means that we are no longer serving the best purpose in each other’s life, or our asks from each other are a major disconnect, so instead of stressing over it, it’s best that our journey together ends. Or just maybe, we have served our karmic purpose for each other, learnt our lessons, and now it’s time to detach. And this brings me to another theme of the year for me… 

2022 is also the year when I started searching for my purpose in life, becoming spiritual, so to speak . I think I am kinda late to the party. I used to read and hear people say this but it never really made sense to me. But over last year, I ended up watching quite a few videos, both western and Indian, regarding afterlife, soul plan, karma, karmic relationships, the works. 

I am looking at 2023 with more of this journey of searching and learning the lessons I was supposed to learn in this life. Make amends where I can. I will share such videos here as and when I find them fit. I will also try to share my thoughts as I come across different points, crazy as I might sound to some. It’s very confusing, but hopefully I will find the right path. All in all, 2023 is the year I hope to stop adding karma, for myself and for others, and hopefully earn some points before I exit. *amen*

Other than that, in the worldly world, hopefully some of my life, read work life, will either improve, or I will get to take a much needed break, read layoffs. Let’s see. Family life will also take a shift. I hope to become a bit more social and a bit less inhibited this year. Hoping I get to do some home remodeling that I have been wanting to do for a while. And lastly, restart downsizing and decluttering, a project I have been doing on and off for last 2 years. 

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

2022 Empty Re: 2022

Post by Kris Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:46 am

Wish you a peaceful 2023. It is helpful to step back and disengage a bit to put things in perspective. That often helps in re-prioritizing. Feel free to post videos of ‘wisdom’ Smile. Could be food for thought, although I find those that fall in the ‘religion’ genre to be somewhat repetitive. To each, his own! Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by desi aunty Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:17 pm

thank you! Smile 

not seeking anything religious. Well, notions of karma, soulplan, rebirth, etc DO have roots in hinduism, but my pursuit is not based on religious scriptures or practices, nor is my goal to be able to meditate for hours and get answers, like some orgs influenced by some gurus preach. Admittedly, i have heard them and they all seem very content doing so... but it's not really attracting me. 

I am mostly in reflection mode, and trying to remember all the challenges i have faced in life, and weighing on my reactions vs what should have been my reaction, and how to change myself in future. Stuff like that. What does come with the territory is guilt and hence a tendency to overcompensate, and that's where I am trying to find my path, if it makes sense.

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:28 pm

Reflection mode is good ultimately. Will help you put things in place. Just remember, analysis beyond a point becomes sterile, yielding no additional value. Take care. Happy Holidays. Don’t drink and drive Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:20 pm

Kris wrote:Reflection mode is good ultimately. Will help you  put things in place. Just remember, analysis beyond a point becomes sterile, yielding no additional value. Take care. Happy Holidays. Don’t drink and drive Smile
Kris,

Wish you a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year (2023)!
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:23 pm

Same to you Seva. Hope everything is going well with you.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by desi aunty Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:30 pm

i like making these annual posts here, just to go back and see how my year was and what i predicted. So let's see

2022 is also the year when I started searching for my purpose in life, becoming spiritual, so to speak . I think I am kinda late to the party. I used to read and hear people say this but it never really made sense to me. But over last year, I ended up watching quite a few videos, both western and Indian, regarding afterlife, soul plan, karma, karmic relationships, the works. 

I am looking at 2023 with more of this journey of searching and learning the lessons I was supposed to learn in this life. Make amends where I can. I will share such videos here as and when I find them fit. I will also try to share my thoughts as I come across different points, crazy as I might sound to some. It’s very confusing, but hopefully I will find the right path. All in all, 2023 is the year I hope to stop adding karma, for myself and for others, and hopefully earn some points before I exit. *amen*

so yeah, i did get started into some sorta spiritual journey. i try to apply it to myself whatever new things i learn, and these things are not easy. They are not as easy as go-to-a-spa-and-feel-rejuvenated, although that helps too, heh. But seriously, one thing that i find very hard, is to begin to forgive myself. Sometimes we carry too much guilt, and it eats us away slowly. Sometimes we hold grudges against others and sometimes we easily forgive others, but we often forget that we need to go a bit easy on ourselves as well, not to be so self-judgmental, and to let go of our own guilt or fear or grief or whatever it is that's holding us back... so that's the path i am trying to go on, and i know it won't be easy. But unless i evolve from this, i think i will never grow

Other than that, in the worldly world, hopefully some of my life, read work life, will either improve, or I will get to take a much needed break, read layoffs.  
didn't happen really, but i learnt to become a bit more detached. There was a point where i was looking for a break. Now, i think i will be ok if i continue working, but who knows, have a weird feeling about next year. Economy not doing so well in this part of the world.

Let’s see. Family life will also take a shift.  

did

I hope to become a bit more social and a bit less inhibited this year.
to some extent yes, but not enough to claim any real improvement.

Hoping I get to do some home remodeling that I have been wanting to do for a while.  

did and man the money drain  Shocked and then some more repairs surfaced. Let's just say, i will have to skip vacations for a couple of years to make it up.

And lastly, restart downsizing and decluttering, a project I have been doing on and off for last 2 years. 
My favorite thing that i did this year, even though i sit low for a few months at a time. Feels so good to get rid of stuff. Even better when you can give it away to people. Man the amount of clutter i had, and still have. Will take me 2 full months even if i work on it 40 hours/week.

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down