Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Indian Beauties!

3 posters

Go down

South Indian Beauties! Empty South Indian Beauties!

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:58 am

Such pretty girls and beautiful paintings. I think the painter is Ethiraj (written with a different spellings, so unable to google)

South Indian Beauties! Paintings+12

South Indian Beauties! Paintings+4

South Indian Beauties! Paintings+7

South Indian Beauties! Paintings+11

South Indian Beauties! Paintings+8

South Indian Beauties! Paintings+5

Back to top Go down

South Indian Beauties! Empty Re: South Indian Beauties!

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:45 am

how do i contact their grandfather? does he have an fb page?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:02 pm

Nice paintings..some are quite attractive..

All of them, except for the forced smile (imo) in the first one, and the amma with/and the baby who are smiling look so somber..wonder if it was the mood of the artist..to me..some joy added to the expressions would have enhanced the attractiveness of these women.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:08 pm

i think one of the things common in all the paintings is the beautiful, expressive eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:17 pm

Really HK!

Nice to know that all South Indian women..even when they have their eyes closed (3)..seem like beautiful expressive eyes to you! You are a true admirer of SI women:)

To me the young lady (4) dressed in yellow blouse and skirt..has bright and attractive eyes..(1) has fairly attractive eyes too. Others are okay.

Anyways, had a little too much time this morning to indulge in some important (!) analysis!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:24 pm

i was wanting to befriend 4s grandfather actually. good you reminded me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:28 pm

actually 4 is exactly what my wife looked like before marriage, ha ha. but now it is post marriage and great time to get married again in the tradition of my great ancestor ashoka.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:40 pm

South Indian Beauties! Classical-tamil-nadu-young-girls6

Here's a bigger pic of the painting, Maria. Hope you'll like it more now Smile. This is the first painting that i saw of the painter and was very impressed by it. I couldn't believe it was a painting. It looked so real, like a photograph. The light and shades came out perfectly. The girl also has a very attractive face, a face which one would want to see again and again. She reminded me of the girl in Raja Ravi Varma's 'The milkmaid' painting.

I like the mom and the baby painting too, though the mom's lips seemed a li'l weird. The baby looks so happy, securely held by his mom and the mom looking at him proudly. Feel like taking the baby in your arms and hugging him.

One more of the same painter's painting where the light the shades (esp the sunlight falling in from the sunroof window), came out so well.

South Indian Beauties! Classical-tamil-nadu-young-girls15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:41 pm

Nice - the hairstyle on the one just above doesn't gel well with the rest of the surroundings, esp. the ancient stove.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:43 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:how do i contact their grandfather? does he have an fb page?

We probably can, but which one of them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:48 pm

blabberwock wrote:Nice - the hairstyle on the one just above doesn't gel well with the rest of the surroundings, esp. the ancient stove.

True, the clip and all Smile. Also, the pattu pavadai doesn't go well with the cooking scene. Anyway, did u notice the sunlight on the girl's hair and also the fine strands of hair? Seems so life-like

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:52 pm

kinnera wrote:
blabberwock wrote:Nice - the hairstyle on the one just above doesn't gel well with the rest of the surroundings, esp. the ancient stove.

True, the clip and all Smile. Also, the pattu pavadai doesn't go well with the cooking scene. Anyway, did u notice the sunlight on the girl's hair and also the fine strands of hair? Seems so life-like

Yes - it does look so like a photograph. Incredible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:59 pm

This is the artist, I think, and not Ethiraj?

http://elayarajaartgallery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:00 pm

Kinnera,

Thank you for enlarging the pic, it has enhanced the image of the lady too..she really looks more attractive now!

I like the new (last pic) pic you posted too..it is really a gorgeous painting!

HK,

Nice to know about the similarity between the young lady portrayed and your wife when she was younger. Those eyes are something:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:03 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:actually 4 is exactly what my wife looked like before marriage, ha ha. but now it is post marriage and great time to get married again in the tradition of my great ancestor ashoka.

Well...forget that... Is there any paining or movie star photo that resembles you when you were young?....(or NOW).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:15 pm

blabberwock wrote:This is the artist, I think, and not Ethiraj?

http://elayarajaartgallery.com/

awesome! So, it's elayaraja, not ethiraja! Smile I was trying to google with all kinds of spellings for ethiraja. Thanks, bw. will bookmark that page now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:45 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:actually 4 is exactly what my wife looked like before marriage, ha ha. but now it is post marriage and great time to get married again in the tradition of my great ancestor ashoka.

Well...forget that... Is there any paining or movie star photo that resembles you when you were young?....(or NOW).
actually i look much like ashoka, the beloved-of-the-gods: corpulent, melon faced, rough skin. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:58 pm

what about breasts?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:13 am

ashoka's breasts, in sculptures, were obliterated by pushyamitra so we do not know the cup size.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:35 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:what about breasts?

>>>>Are you asking for a political stance? For the record, I am pro on this issue.

Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:34 am

here is the resemblance (unless it is a figment of my imagination):

South Indian Beauties! Paintings+11

South Indian Beauties! Pre-ma10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:53 am

HK, this picture is exceedingly beautiful. It is certainly THE most beautiful face I have ever seen through sulekha/SUCH.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:12 am

WOW! So beautiful! lovely!
So now I don't understand what your fuss was all abt and why you had to put poor grandpa through so much trouble for more than two years. You silly you!

PS: yes, you are right. There is resemblance to the girl in the painting and the pic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:28 am

HK,

There are some resemblances, esp. the eyes. But the nose and lips are quite different.

As you have mentioned before..your wife has some resemblance to a younger Rekha (without make up) - esp. the chin and lips.

As for you..although you may not have not any physical resemblance to him whatsoever..something reminds me of you..when I watch the "Gangnam" video man:) May be it's a certain cool energy- like an invisible horse riding man who is amusing!Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZmkU5Pg1sw
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:40 am

*Had to add..

like an invisible horse riding man who is amusing and can use self- deprecating humor!Smile
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:43 am

LMAOOOOO maria. midset of this dance is dance classyyy and dance cheesyy. i like this guy and the gungnam dance! thanks for the "cool energy" my posts makes you associate me with.

kinns -- i'll answer your question later. Razz i'm in a rush right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:08 pm

kinnera wrote:WOW! So beautiful! lovely!
So now I don't understand what your fuss was all abt and why you had to put poor grandpa through so much trouble for more than two years. You silly you!
ya, i hear you. this was the first picture of hers that i was shown. i was put off by her teeny looks and oily braids. i did not want to marry a teeny girl with braids greased by vatika or parachute oil. instead, i wanted a lipstick wearing "woman" with shampooed hair neatly tied in a bun with a hairpin. i think i wanted to marry a married woman for it's true that i had a thing for older women then. but i could see that she was gorgeous and it did register (that is why i married her Razz) but just that i wasn't ready then.

after marriage, touched by beautiful me, she became even prettier. she became fulsome as i liked women to be. here's a snap of hers from 8 years ago in full shingaar or regalia -- tikka, sindoor, mangalsutra, mehndi, sari, shiny earrings and a nose stud:

South Indian Beauties! Dsc00510

after marriage i felt in love with her braided hair snap that i was first shown. i started carrying it in my wallet (i had had it shrunk and we had also lost the original). then i lost my wallet. my wife knew i was very fond of it and procured the real size print from her father's house and much later i'd have it scanned (i've scanned all old photos and videos in our possession and thrown away the originals).

after marriage, a few weeks into it, my wife, under the influence of my homosex sister, cut her hair to shoulder length. i felt sad but did not say anything. she read the disappointed on my face and did not touch her hair again.

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:15 pm

a very pretty indian face...

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:37 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

Looks like she must have been threatened by you and or forced by her parents.

Why else would she marry you?

P.S. now we need Rev Jeremiah Iyer to post the picture of his Rosie...Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:54 pm

rosie baabi's pic is public and on the net. if you want a link send me a note.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:13 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

Wink

>>>> I think HK played his trump card-- his connections with Uppili et al at Sulekha and the in-laws (and the Grand in-laws) came to realize his true value Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:21 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:rosie baabi's pic is public and on the net. if you want a link send me a note.

u gotta stop calling her baabi, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:24 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:rosie baabi's pic is public and on the net. if you want a link send me a note.

>>> Barbie, maybe? HK doesn't have daughters. He may be out of the loop on that whole thing.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:27 pm

Kris wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote:

>>> Barbie, maybe? HK doesn't have daughters. He may be out of the loop on that whole thing.

well he means bhabhi, and JM gets upset at such 'close' associations. only we villager NI's call each other our bhaiya, na. only we tell each other our house is their house na.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:37 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:
Kris wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote:

well he means bhabhi, and JM gets upset at such 'close' associations. only we villager NI's call each other our bhaiya, na. only we tell each other our house is their house na.

>>>> mi cas es su casa? Smile you mexican villager, you...

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:10 pm

[quote="Marathadi-Saamiyaar"]
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

Exactly, Saami! With a cute face like that, she deserved a Dilip kumar look-alike, not an Ashok kumar look alike.

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:21 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
kinnera wrote:WOW! So beautiful! lovely!
ya, i hear you. this was the first picture of hers that i was shown. i was put off by her teeny looks and oily braids. i did not want to marry a teeny girl with braids greased by vatika or parachute oil. instead, i wanted a lipstick wearing "woman" with shampooed hair neatly tied in a bun with a hairpin. i think i wanted to marry a married woman for it's true that i had a thing for older women then. but i could see that she was gorgeous and it did register (that is why i married her Razz) but just that i wasn't ready then.

after marriage, touched by beautiful me, she became even prettier. she became fulsome as i liked women to be. here's a snap of hers from 8 years ago in full shingaar or regalia -- tikka, sindoor, mangalsutra, mehndi, sari, shiny earrings and a nose stud:

after marriage i felt in love with her braided hair snap that i was first shown. i started carrying it in my wallet (i had had it shrunk and we had also lost the original). then i lost my wallet. my wife knew i was very fond of it and procured the real size print from her father's house and much later i'd have it scanned (i've scanned all old photos and videos in our possession and thrown away the originals).

after marriage, a few weeks into it, my wife, under the influence of my homosex sister, cut her hair to shoulder length. i felt sad but did not say anything. she read the disappointed on my face and did not touch her hair again.

Nice! thanks for sharing. You sure are one lucky man! Smile

I too am in the process of scanning all my old pix which i brought from india on my recent trip.They were gathering dust on the attic of my parents' home. yeah, storing them is a hassle. I am going to scan all of them and probably dump them in my basement or toss them away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down