Breaking News Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking News

+3
Kris
Idéfix
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
7 posters

Go down

Breaking News Empty Breaking News

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:04 pm

Just now found out that my mom was born in Vizianagaram....Yep the one and only.

That makes me a hard core Andraite aka a (sooper-duper) G U L T.

Say no to Telengana....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Breaking News Empty Re: Breaking News

Post by Idéfix Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:06 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Just now found out that my mom was born in Vizianagaram....Yep the one and only.

Say no to Telengana....
We always considered you one of us, cheTTu kinda saami.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:30 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Just now found out that my mom was born in Vizianagaram....Yep the one and only.

Say no to Telengana....

>>>>Ealam- greater TN - KV's dream-- thou shalt never see that promised land Marty. Quick, grab his passport and stamp it 'persona non grata' .

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:59 am

Ok. 4 grandparents, 2 parents.

UP - 2
Haryana - 1.5*
Rajasthan - 1.5*
MP - 1

* one of them grew up in Rajasthan but it was bordering Haryana, so highly mixed language and culture.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:52 pm

Say no to Telengana....

When did we ever feel you were an outsider? N E V E R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:52 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Ok. 4 grandparents, 2 parents.

UP - 2
Haryana - 1.5*
Rajasthan - 1.5*
MP - 1

* one of them grew up in Rajasthan but it was bordering Haryana, so highly mixed language and culture.

Jeez, Viddu! You are soooo northindian! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:00 pm

kinnera wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:Ok. 4 grandparents, 2 parents.

UP - 2
Haryana - 1.5*
Rajasthan - 1.5*
MP - 1

Jeez, Viddu! You are soooo northindian! Razz

I know! Sad All grandparents grew up from 40 min to 3.5 hour drive from delhi the rape capital!!! They all migrated out by 1930s. Our deity temple is actually in Gurgaon. Up until my generation, and while grandparents were alive, all big ceremonies like mundan, etc happened there. Dad says when they were kids, they used to be sorta ashamed to tell people they were from Gurgaon and around, coz it was such a village, but look at the place now!

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:17 pm

Say no to Telengana....

My great grandparents on father's side hail from Medak (heart of Telangana), and on mother's side from Warangal (also very much Telangana). That should make me more Telanganite than many, even though I was born and raised in Orissa, went to college in Karnataka, and have been living here in the U.S. Smile

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:56 pm

indophile wrote:

Say no to Telengana....

My great grandparents on father's side hail from Medak (heart of Telangana), and on mother's side from Warangal (also very much Telangana). That should make me more Telanganite than many, even though I was born and raised in Orissa, went to college in Karnataka, and have been living here in the U.S. Smile

Really?????

Sorry...I thought you were a PURE Gult. I wont be communicating with you anymore.... No offense please....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:28 pm

indophile wrote:

Say no to Telengana....

With Telangana lineage like that, how did you turn into an Andhrite while living outside of AP? Did your Telanganite GGPs not speak in Telangana dialect at home?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:57 pm

Say no to Telengana....

And KCR'a grandfather is from Bobbili (not far from Vizianagaram)! (Bobbili and Vizianagaram didn't get along; there is a famous stage play called - Bobbili yuddham in which Bobbili gets defeated by Vizianagaram). So, it makes sense that you are different from KCR. Smile

(Incidentally, it was maharaja of Vizianagaram who rescued "The National Press" of the Hindu news paper in late 1800's).

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:03 pm

nevada wrote:
indophile wrote:

Say no to Telengana....

With Telangana lineage like that, how did you turn into an Andhrite while living outside of AP? Did your Telanganite GGPs not speak in Telangana dialect at home?

His family probably identifies itself with Telugus in Berhampur/Bobbili/Vizianagaram/Srikoormam.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:12 am

Telanganite / Andhraite thingie is somewhat of a recent formulation. "Telugu-vaaram" or "Andhrulam" is the original tag. Father's side of my family moved from Medak to what is now southern Orissa 4 generations ago, and on mother's side, she was from "tu go ji." Her grandfather moved to "tu go ji" from Warangal to work on the Godavari anicutt built by Cotton near Rajahmundry.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:21 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
His family probably identifies itself with Telugus in Berhampur/Bobbili/Vizianagaram/Srikoormam.

Yes, that's also how others (including our relatives) identify us - "toorpu-vaallu" (easterners) speaking "gadu-toorpu-bhaasha" (speaking Telugu with a heavy eastern accent). People from Puri-Cuttack-Bhubaneshwar call our Oriya heavily accented southern dialect. Americans here say we speak English with an Indian accent. So there is not one language we speak "properly." Smile

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:41 am

indophile wrote:Telanganite / Andhraite thingie is somewhat of a recent formulation. "Telugu-vaaram" or "Andhrulam" is the original tag. Father's side of my family moved from Medak to what is now southern Orissa 4 generations ago, and on mother's side, she was from "tu go ji." Her grandfather moved to "tu go ji" from Warangal to work on the Godavari anicutt built by Cotton near Rajahmundry.

and about 30% of Tamilians are actually Telugus Wink

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:51 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
indophile wrote:Telanganite / Andhraite thingie is somewhat of a recent formulation. "Telugu-vaaram" or "Andhrulam" is the original tag. Father's side of my family moved from Medak to what is now southern Orissa 4 generations ago, and on mother's side, she was from "tu go ji." Her grandfather moved to "tu go ji" from Warangal to work on the Godavari anicutt built by Cotton near Rajahmundry.

Told ya! There is a Telugu inside every Tamilian. :d

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:01 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Told ya! There is a Telugu inside every Tamilian. :d

Kombletely agreed. % will be even higher if you include all those Carnatic music lovers.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down