are you attracted to non-indians? - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

are you attracted to non-indians?

+14
confuzzled dude
Jeremiah Mburuburu
Propagandhi711
Merlot Daruwala
Obnoxious
Idéfix
goodcitizn
Hellsangel
MaxEntropy_Man
Kris
Rekz
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
truthbetold
Rishi
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

are you attracted to non-indians? - Page 2 Empty Re: are you attracted to non-indians?

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:04 am

I feel that most westeners who show interest in dating indian women are generally into indian spirituality and stuff. Interest in bollywood movies...nyah! If you are into spirituality too then you guys can discuss abt Advaita vedanta, Self-realization, Ramana Maharshi and all those good things. Knowing you......forget it tongue

Back to top Go down

are you attracted to non-indians? - Page 2 Empty Re: are you attracted to non-indians?

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:13 am

kinnera wrote:I feel that most westeners who show interest in dating indian women are generally into indian spirituality and stuff. Interest in bollywood movies...nyah! If you are into spirituality too then you guys can discuss abt Advaita vedanta, Self-realization, Ramana Maharshi and all those good things. Knowing you......forget it tongue

lol... guess Osho is long faded from westerners memories.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:33 am

kinnera wrote:I feel that most westeners who show interest in dating indian women are generally into indian spirituality and stuff. Interest in bollywood movies...nyah! If you are into spirituality too then you guys can discuss abt Advaita vedanta, Self-realization, Ramana Maharshi and all those good things. Knowing you......forget it tongue
"discuss advaita vedanta," not "discuss abt (about) advaita vedanta."

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:35 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
"discuss advaita vedanta," not "discuss abt (about) advaita vedanta."

Correction noted. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:09 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

why this sudden obsession with gults and reddys? bollywood aunty side me koi lafda chal raha hai kya? Razz you can tell me over PM -- i am good at keeping secrets.

because they shamelessly ingratiate themselves with North Indians and Hindi

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:11 pm

are you attracted to non-indians? - Page 2 Divo10

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:18 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:not the movie stars, but in real life. As in, wanting to date them or have a relationship with

If you take out the dating or relationship part, why not? I'm sure you are too, if it is just limited to attraction.

Caucasians, black : sample size - moderate, yes.
Latinos: sample size - small. Depends, their machoism is a turn off. Their women are hot, if there are any thoughts of venturing in to the other side.
Chinese, Vietnamese, Phillipino, Malaysian: sample size - moderate, induce brotherly feelings.
Japanese, Koreans: sample size - very small. Come across standoffish. Reaction -apathy, indifference.
Brazilian: Needs a whole new category. Sample size -one. Yes. Made me googly- eyed, weak in the knees, (adjective of choice from M&Bs) etc. Used to prep for 15 mins to make a 30 sec phone call so as not to sound like a 13 year old.
Indian: Sample size- small. No. Don't know what happened since moving to US. Never found any one that I thought were even remotely attractive or even thought about a second time. The only exception being, I tend to like men who are good with kids, and I do see quite a few of them around.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:25 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:not the movie stars, but in real life. As in, wanting to date them or have a relationship with

If you take out the dating or relationship part, why not? I'm sure you are too, if it is just limited to attraction.

Why are SuChers lumping them together, as if they are of same race and ethnicity, heck, they are as different as night and day, aren't they?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:27 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
ashaNirasha wrote:

Why are SuChers lumping them together, as if they are of same race and ethnicity, heck, they are as different as night and day, aren't they?

it's a catch all term for north american judeo christian i think.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:30 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:

Brazilian: Needs a whole new category. Sample size -one. Yes. Made me googly- eyed, weak in the knees, (adjective of choice from M&Bs) etc. Used to prep for 15 mins to make a 30 sec phone call so as not to sound like a 13 year old.

LOL. I was like that with some mid-eastern guy whenever calling him for tech support. He was a handsomer, fitter, younger version of rajiv gandhi, and always had an angry young man look but angelic when smiling. I think he sensed my giggli-ness pretty well, but so glad he never worked on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:05 pm

Yep a lot. I have venus conjunct Uranus at zero degree orb and I attract too many people and also get attracted to people whose pluto conjunct my venus. It mind sound funny; but very true. But, luckily my Saturn aspects makes me highly responsible and disciplined. So, it all remained only attractions.
Anyways, my research in astro aspects found that in synastry if one has "Venus Conjunct Uranus" the divorce couldn't be avoided. Also if they carry that in natal they are better not get married.

My H and me share a lot of Saturn aspects and that makes us stay for good or bad. We have so many fated aspects - worse but makes us go with it.
Also I figured that Neptune/Saturn aspects the Neptune always deceives.

not so relevant...but my views. I am cooking fish for the first time...so laters.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:19 pm

Yep a lot. I have venus conjunct Uranus at zero degree orb and I attract too many people and also get attracted to people whose pluto conjunct my venus. It might sound funny; but very true. But, luckily my Saturn aspects makes me highly responsible and disciplined. So, it all remained only attractions.
Anyways, my research in astro aspects found that in synastry if one has "Venus square Uranus" the divorce couldn't be avoided. Also if they carry that in natal they better not get married.

My H and me share a lot of Saturn aspects and that makes us stay for good or bad. We have so many fated aspects - worse but makes us go with it.

not so relevant...but my views. I am cooking fish for the first time...so laters.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:28 pm

Sasthi wrote:Yep a lot. I have venus conjunct Uranus at zero degree orb and I attract too many people and also get attracted to people whose pluto conjunct my venus. It might sound funny; but very true. But, luckily my Saturn aspects makes me highly responsible and disciplined. So, it all remained only attractions.
Anyways, my research in astro aspects found that in synastry if one has "Venus square Uranus" the divorce couldn't be avoided. Also if they carry that in natal they better not get married.

...I totally agree...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:36 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:not the movie stars, but in real life. As in, wanting to date them or have a relationship with them?

Dunno, for me it's always been just Indians so far. No matter how good looking someone (non Indian) is, never felt the attraction. Also, how can you be with someone with whom you can't talk in your language, or go see a Hindi movie with? Or someone who don't understand where you coming from.

I can't understand lot of desi women I know either. given a choice, I would like to stay single...or at least like not cohabit. Ppl in general and women in particular can be tiresome to have around all the time with their silly tastes and mood swings among other things...i dont see why anyone would want them around if not for the Thing but this is the great cruelty of nature..man gives up so much for few mins of pleasure and rest of the time hes doing shit for her while wondering why he's doing all that. Regarding attraction, slants and slopes take the cake for me. Recently there is this Colombian mamacita and I can't help getting woody in her presence the whole time..Latin bitches just ooze sex but can be demanding. Conclusion: all women are expensive, slants good coz they have fine skin, tight clams, take good care of you and don't eat much. Cohabitation is painful and should be limited to the time a women is looking good or cooking.

To Panini Press

What do you say about that?

Not Stereotyping?

According to you, if Propagandhi syas such things OK. If I do that, I engage in stereotyping.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:41 pm

>>> I think I have the solution here. What if we make a Bollywood flick on Advaita Vedanta and self-realization? Write the script Kinn., I will direct it. You have my word. One proviso though, it needs to be shot in Barcelona. Go to it! Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:54 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
ashaNirasha wrote:

I just lumped them together based on my answer. No other reason.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:58 pm

Rishi wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:not the movie stars, but in real life. As in, wanting to date them or have a relationship with them?

Dunno, for me it's always been just Indians so far. No matter how good looking someone (non Indian) is, never felt the attraction. Also, how can you be with someone with whom you can't talk in your language, or go see a Hindi movie with? Or someone who don't understand where you coming from.

I can't understand lot of desi women I know either. given a choice, I would like to stay single...or at least like not cohabit. Ppl in general and women in particular can be tiresome to have around all the time with their silly tastes and mood swings among other things...i dont see why anyone would want them around if not for the Thing but this is the great cruelty of nature..man gives up so much for few mins of pleasure and rest of the time hes doing shit for her while wondering why he's doing all that. Regarding attraction, slants and slopes take the cake for me. Recently there is this Colombian mamacita and I can't help getting woody in her presence the whole time..Latin bitches just ooze sex but can be demanding. Conclusion: all women are expensive, slants good coz they have fine skin, tight clams, take good care of you and don't eat much. Cohabitation is painful and should be limited to the time a women is looking good or cooking.

To Panini Press

What do you say about that?

Not Stereotyping?

According to you, if Propagandhi syas such things OK. If I do that, I engage in stereotyping.
How did you conclude this? Both of you engage in stereotyping. I find such comments distasteful regardless of who makes them. If anything, I think Propagandhi uses much worse language than you do. You have some caste-based prejudices that I haven't seen him express.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:38 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:are you attracted to non-indians? - Page 2 Divo10

similar one here

are you attracted to non-indians? - Page 2 QYUmyav

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:47 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

I agree with you komboletely.... on everything from Desi women to the slants. But, I would say Equadorian mamacitas are a tad better than the Columbian Mamacitas. I deal with Columbian, Euadorian, Peruvian, Chilean, Brazilian, and Messican mamacitas on a daily basis. So although the sample size is small it is well distributed.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:49 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:wait aren't you tracey whitney (your earlier handle). i thought you were married. what happened to mr.k? confused.

I am (now) divorced.

seriously?
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:16 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:wait aren't you tracey whitney (your earlier handle). i thought you were married. what happened to mr.k? confused.

I am (now) divorced.

seriously?

Yes Smile separated for last four years, except for a few months in between. But have lived together as roomies for some times, on and off, depending on many factors. Still are good friends. On good terms with each other's families. Even vacationed in disney together as a big group (Rolling Eyes). And sometimes catch a movie or attend (or host) a party together, for the sake of kids and other family who want us both to be there. Forget such, even 98% of my FB would be confused about us. Yeah. I never claimed my life was normal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:09 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

I am (now) divorced.

seriously?

Yes Smile separated for last four years, except for a few months in between. But have lived together as roomies for some times, on and off, depending on many factors. Still are good friends. On good terms with each other's families. Even vacationed in disney together as a big group (Rolling Eyes). And sometimes catch a movie or attend (or host) a party together, for the sake of kids and other family who want us both to be there. Forget such, even 98% of my FB would be confused about us. Yeah. I never claimed my life was normal.

VB,

I can set you up with my cousin.

He is a bisexual.

Please send me a message.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:12 am

Is he into fat women?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:43 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Is he into fat women?

ROFL

No. Now he is attracted to women with Anorexia.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:56 am

Rishi wrote:

ROFL

ouch.. that should be hurting and painful Laughing

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:01 am

Rishi wrote:

ROFL

Thats a bummer. Rejected on a cold and rainy Monday morning. Am gonna go and make myself hot cocoa to fight the blues.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:22 am

panini press wrote:

How did you conclude this? Both of you engage in stereotyping. I find such comments distasteful regardless of who makes them. If anything, I think Propagandhi uses much worse language than you do. You have some caste-based prejudices that I haven't seen him express.

oh maan... IMO, one of his great posts, long time ago, in the old Sulekha (I wish someone would retrieve it and repost it here) was on the hierarchical stratification of many castes with iyer(ini)s from ward 69 (or some such #) at the apex and someone responded enlightening all that he was only expressing his frustration that he had a very long way to get there Razz

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:36 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

I am (now) divorced.

seriously?

Oh! Look at this then...http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/Entertainment/Girl-Interrupted/Article1-571742.aspx

This is typical divorce story. Poor woman..
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:51 am

Rekz wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

I am (now) divorced.

seriously?

Oh! Look at this then...http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/Entertainment/Girl-Interrupted/Article1-571742.aspx

Sarika? Really? Why am I comparing myself to Sarika?

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:06 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Rekz wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

I am (now) divorced.

seriously?

goddamn that sarika has a tight body with slender frame. how old is she?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:07 pm

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarika

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:09 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:50.

ok, *was* a hottie in earlier times.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:13 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Rekz wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

I am (now) divorced.

seriously?

Saw this on telly http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/Entertainment/Girl-Interrupted/Article1-571742.aspx

Your above post paints a pic of very happy & understanding family system.Just a paper.
Sarika's Divorce probably was very bitter ...Just posted it Smile not comparing.
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:57 pm

Rekz wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Rekz wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:

seriously?

Saw this on telly http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/Entertainment/Girl-Interrupted/Article1-571742.aspx

Your above post paints a pic of very happy & understanding family system.Just a paper.
Sarika's Divorce probably was very bitter ...Just posted it Smile not comparing.

Ya well. We have had our moments, where we played screaming matches. And I have had quite a few meltdowns and panic attacks. I can't thank some of my friends enough for seeing me through that period. But eventually, it takes a lot of hard work to form a 'happy and understanding' family system, which includes managing emotions of many people (including your own), and curbing them so that they don't ruin it for your kids.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:08 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Rekz wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Rekz wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Ya well. We have had our moments, where we played screaming matches. And I have had quite a few meltdowns and panic attacks. I can't thank some of my friends enough for seeing me through that period. But eventually, it takes a lot of hard work to form a 'happy and understanding' family system, which includes managing emotions of many people (including your own), and curbing them so that they don't ruin it for your kids.

be honest, have you ever kicked your husband in the nuts or were abusive in any way? I know of one woman in dallas that kicked her husband in the nuts in the days it led upto the divorce and went to jail for night for it.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:52 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Rekz wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Rekz wrote:

be honest, have you ever kicked your husband in the nuts or were abusive in any way? I know of one woman in dallas that kicked her husband in the nuts in the days it led upto the divorce and went to jail for night for it.

No kicking in the nut. I abuse a lot in normal, so that's sorta expected when I'm super angry. I did create some creative ones some times.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:11 pm

Talking of which. This weekend, seen on a pickup truck:

are you attracted to non-indians? - Page 2 Truck-nuts
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:29 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

Well... there is always the daughter... who looks pretty much like her mom did in her 20s. Except Sarika, Jr believes in "freedom" like her dad. So you could try this Desi Bonita

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:55 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Well... there is always the daughter... who looks pretty much like her mom did in her 20s. Except Sarika, Jr believes in "freedom" like her dad. So you could try this Desi Bonita

ewwww No

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:11 pm

Rekz wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

I am (now) divorced.

seriously?

Kids out of wedlock while Kamla was still married? A perfect example of what goes around comes around! I checked Kamal's and Sarika's synastry and they have "Venus Square Uranus" aspect and Gowthami is not lucky for Kamala Razz

I need to snap out of this astro stuff.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:14 pm

Dunno how Hindu astrology can predict divorces when there no Hindi or sanskrit word available for divorce.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:22 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Dunno how Hindu astrology can predict divorces when there no Hindi or sanskrit word available for divorce.

Oh well, there is a prediction for divorce. It is based on "Ketu" transiting over 7th house...don't know much details about that. There could be a word similar to Vivaha-rut or something like that.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:03 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
panini press wrote:

oh maan... IMO, one of his great posts, long time ago, in the old Sulekha (I wish someone would retrieve it and repost it here) was on the hierarchical stratification of many castes with iyer(ini)s from ward 69 (or some such #) at the apex and someone responded enlightening all that he was only expressing his frustration that he had a very long way to get there Razz
I remember that post: http://indiapulse.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse_speak-english-signs-812189#812404. IMO he was parodying the same caste-based prejudices that I referred to above.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:05 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Dunno how Hindu astrology can predict divorces when there no Hindi or sanskrit word available for divorce.
Hindu astrology can also "predict" stock prices, although stock markets didn't exist when they first thought up that pseudo-science.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:03 pm

Kris wrote:
kinnera wrote:I feHyel that most westeners who show interest in dating indian women are generally into indian spirituality and stuff. Interest in bollywood movies...nyah! If you are into spirituality too then you guys can discuss abt Advaita vedanta, Self-realization, Ramana Maharshi and all those good things. Knowing you......forget it tongue

>>> I think I have the solution here. What if we make a Bollywood flick on Advaita Vedanta and self-realization? Write the script Kinn., I will direct it. You have my word. One proviso though, it needs to be shot in Barcelona. Go to it! Smile

Awesome! Let's do it, Kris. I'm game! What better place than Barcelona, among the beautiful architecture!

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:35 pm

Sasthi wrote:

Oh well, there is a prediction for divorce. It is based on "Ketu" transiting over 7th house...don't know much details about that. There could be a word similar to Vivaha-rut or something like that.

Adaaadaadaa!! From when sasthi ? new hobby-aa?
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:15 am

Sasthi wrote:

you mean divorce after 7 "flings"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:21 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Sasthi wrote:

you mean divorce after 7 "flings"

Aamam Single Finggukae Vazhi KaaNoum...

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:23 pm

Rekz wrote:
Sasthi wrote:

Adaaadaadaa!! From when sasthi ? new hobby-aa?

Rekz, Athu oru periya story....ennodo semi-crack cousin onnu is too much into it; Yellamae Pazhaka Dhosam.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:26 pm

Shouldn't KV be included in the non-Indian category? Any attraction there, Tracy?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next