Blade Runner and gun Control Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blade Runner and gun Control

+10
Captain Bhankas
doofus_maximus
Idéfix
bw
Petrichor
Propagandhi711
MaxEntropy_Man
Maria S
Hellsangel
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
14 posters

Go down

Blade Runner and gun Control Empty Blade Runner and gun Control

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:41 am

..South Africa has a high crime rate, and many homeowners keep weapons to ward off intruders. "There are 1.5 million gun owners -- about 3.5 million guns in civilians hands," said Alan Storey, chairman of Gun Free South Africa. Most of the victims of gun homicides are between the ages 20 and 30, according to Storey, who said such deaths are rampant in the nation of about 50 million.

I bet the overwhelming majority of those 3.5 million guns are owned by a big majority of the 1.5 million whites. Hang over from the White regme to protect "themselves" against the Blacks.

The same reason why NRA harps on gun rights - to protect themselves against Blacks and now against all these non-white immigrants.

P.S. Every smoking hot woman wants to look for better prospects all the time. So he must have gone postal on her.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Blade Runner and gun Control Empty Re: Blade Runner and gun Control

Post by Hellsangel Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:50 pm

I bet the overwhelming majority of those 3.5 million guns are owned by a
big majority of the 1.5 million whites. Hang over from the White regme
to protect "themselves" against the Blacks.

Your Holiness, are you feeling like a persecuted minority in White Kansas?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:38 pm

It's hard to believe the "intruder" excuse..from all I have read.."Roid rage" is perhaps more believable, since the premeditated murder charge has been added. It's quite sad..to watch her videos full of enthusiasm, joy..making plans for the future.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/19/oscar-pistorius-shot-reeva-steenkamp-mistake_n_2715625.html
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:00 pm

this is a terribly sad case. whatever transpired it is difficult not to feel sorry for both of them.

not knowing anything else, i find him believable after reading the affidavit the defense team submitted. this doesn't sound or look like a man who is capable of killing anyone, let alone someone he was deeply in love with.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:15 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:this is a terribly sad case. whatever transpired it is difficult not to feel sorry for both of them.

not knowing anything else, i find him believable after reading the affidavit the defense team submitted. this doesn't sound or look like a man who is capable of killing anyone, let alone someone he was deeply in love with.

It is a very sad case..do feel sorry for him too.
He *is* capable of killing anyone..why else would he have all those firearms and in attack mode..and he *did* kill someone- firing several times. I think you have made many statements about gun control..why an exception here?
As you know..passion killings are simply that..uncontrollable emotions-which explode. I can easily see love driving people crazy-make people unstable- out of control.

Last edited by Maria S on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:18 pm

why is it a very very sad case? because the victim is pretty and the perp is a sports star? it's a normal sized tragedy, 100s of thousands every day.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:20 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:why is it a very very sad case? because the victim is pretty and the perp is a sports star? it's a normal sized tragedy, 100s of thousands every day.

Hello DUT (seeking attention!Smile)

Seriously..you are absolutely right. Looks like we have more sympathy for people who are more attractive, wealthy, educated, "our own" etc. (that's the norm too).

Last edited by Maria S on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:21 pm

Hi Propa. Four days no see.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:21 pm

i am willing to start with the assumption that anyone who possesses a firearm is not just looking for gratuitous violence. i don't agree with the need to carry a firearm, but willing to accept that murder is not what's on the mind of everyone who keeps one at home.

if we start with that basic premise, this guy has so much to lose and has worked so hard to get to where he got to, and in a relationship with a beautiful woman who loved him back. it makes no sense that he'd throw it all away. yes it is possible this was a crime of passion. in the absence of additional evidence, at this point all we have is gut feeling and mine tells me that this was a horrible but innocent mistake.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:22 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:why is it a very very sad case? because the victim is pretty and the perp is a sports star? it's a normal sized tragedy, 100s of thousands every day.

not just any sports star. to me his accomplishment is nothing short of amazing.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:23 pm

Maria S wrote:

Hello DUT (seeking attention!Smile
Absolutely right..and I feel just as sad..when it happens in all passion killings.

naahh..they already had so much more than most ppl in the world. fuck'em. I'll spend my sorrys on someone that's dealt from a truly shitty deck of life.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:25 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:I'll spend my sorrys on someone that's dealt from a truly shitty deck of life.

so having your legs amputated when you're a toddler because of a birth defect doesn't qualify eh?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:30 pm

i just want to believe him and i'll keep doing that until we see evidence to the contrary. i rooted for him at the olympics, and i'll root for him now.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:41 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:I'll spend my sorrys on someone that's dealt from a truly shitty deck of life.

so having your legs amputated when you're a toddler because of a birth defect doesn't qualify eh?

lots of ppl have their legs amputated but not many get to olympics and date super models. again, far as tragedies go, it's not an extremely extremely tragic incidents as you're indicating. famous ppl, accomplished ppl, beautiful peeps all die sometime or other. dont see how that's worse than kids getting shot in chicago, that promised land (blue) with strict gun control.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:56 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Hi Propa. Four days no see.

**SamiYaar makes a celestial note**

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:04 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

lots of ppl have their legs amputated but not many get to olympics and date super models. again, far as tragedies go, it's not an extremely extremely tragic incidents as you're indicating. famous ppl, accomplished ppl, beautiful peeps all die sometime or other. dont see how that's worse than kids getting shot in chicago, that promised land (blue) with strict gun control.

Oh enlightened one..am always glad- I know you, the real youSmile

This may be off-topic..(never stopped me before!)..but it is related...about the "unfairness" of life..tragedies, pain..death (all around us, every single day) and good writing.
http://melwalshjones.wordpress.com/2013/02/19/guest-blogtelaina-eriksen-upright/

Excerpt:
Here is a secret about grief that perhaps you don’t know if you haven’t experienced a cataclysmic loss—a dying child, the suicide of the sister who helped raise you, the death of a spouse, the death of a parent too early in your life—grief is a glacier. And it doesn’t shrink as our real glaciers do, melting with the increasing temperature of our planet. The glacier of grief grows. Ice is added on all the time. Grief has chasms and valleys. A large chunk of its terrain is still unknown to me. Grief doesn’t stay inside you, it works its way out, leaving you frozen and immobile, connecting you to a vast ice continent which you have no desire to explore.
Please tell me what happy people do with this irrefutable, inconvertible fact. Please tell me what to do with that memory.
Please tell me how to bear up under the weight of grief.
_________
*We "happy people" try amidst it all..coping, praying and smiling..somehow keep going, making the best of what we can...knowing it's all temporary.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:11 pm

My favorite theme from the psychology perspective is that of children building sand castles on the beach. The waves come in crashing and destroying what was built but then the children go back to building new ones - just like the towers at ground zero. adios ptsd!

Its a powerful metaphor for therapy, life, and man's search for meaning in the absence of real polestars.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:16 pm

atcg wrote:My favorite theme from the psychology perspective is that of children building sand castles on the beach. The waves come in crashing and destroying what was built but then the children go back to building new ones - just like the towers at ground zero. adios ptsd!

Its a powerful metaphor for therapy, life, and man's search for meaning in the absence of real polestars.

You are in "your element"..think you have gotten too many compliments..well, why not..one more- I like the sand castle one too:)

Any beach metaphor..water metaphor is very appealing to me.
I am sure you have heard of the "star fish" one..where a child throws a dying star fish into the sea..when there are thousands dying on shore..and the father says.."what difference will it make?" and the child replies "I saved one star fish..it will make a difference to that one"..
Of course..there is John F.Kennedy's famous line.."we come from the sea, we return to the sea"..can go on and on!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:23 pm

atcg wrote:My favorite theme from the psychology perspective is that of children building sand castles on the beach. The waves come in crashing and destroying what was built but then the children go back to building new ones - just like the towers at ground zero. adios ptsd!

"hello seattle, i am listening" says dr.frasier crane

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:16 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i don't think people like stephen hawking or this guy need any pity -
they have achieved much more than any 'normal' person and have led far more fruitful lives.

a pity if this national hero turns out to be a murderer.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:27 pm

When I heard the news, I wondered if drugs* might be involved. There is more to this than meets the eye. But it certainly shows the dangers of gun ownership, and how it is a big responsibility to be taken very seriously.

* Not non-hallucinogenic soma juice used purely for seed-fortification purposes.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:08 pm

bw wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

they have achieved much more than any 'normal' person and have led far more fruitful lives.

I don't get this argument. It is not like after his legs were amputated, Oscar was given this luxurious life in a platter. He worked hard, trained hard to get to where he his. Sure PEDs might have played a role in him reaching the Olympics, but PEDs are taken by every athlete these days
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:12 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:
bw wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

I don't get this argument. It is not like after his legs were amputated, Oscar was given this luxurious life in a platter. He worked hard, trained hard to get to where he his. Sure PEDs might have played a role in him reaching the Olympics, but PEDs are taken by every athlete these days

one should look up to them and admire them - not pity them. they don't lead sorry lives and aren't looking for sympathy from anyone, despite their handicap.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:20 pm

i wasn't pitying him. i was feeling sympathy that having overcome so much adversity that nature handed to him, he now has to deal with this (assuming he is innocent).
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:03 am

doofus_maximus wrote:
bw wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

I dont get the argument that a murderer deserves pity because he played sports well either.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:54 am

i find it hard to believe that he mistook her for an intruder. pure, unadulterated, 24 carat, major league bullspit.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:34 am

During the early morning hours of 14 February 2013, I woke up, went onto the balcony to bring the fan in and closed the sliding doors, the blinds and the curtains. I heard a noise in the bathroom and realised that someone was in the bathroom.

that means there must be some light in the bedroom when he woke up. and he could not notice that she was not in bed? heck, even when it is absolutely pitch dark, you notice whether your spouse/gf is in bed or not unless the bed is the size of a football stadium. liar.

I grabbed my 9mm pistol from underneath my bed. On my way to the bathroom I screamed words to the effect for him/them to get out of my house and for Reeva to phone the police. It was pitch dark in the bedroom and I thought Reeva was in bed.

so, he could find the gun but not his GF in bed?
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:51 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:During the early morning hours of 14 February 2013, I woke up, went onto the balcony to bring the fan in and closed the sliding doors, the blinds and the curtains. I heard a noise in the bathroom and realised that someone was in the bathroom.

that means there must be some light in the bedroom when he woke up. and he could not notice that she was not in bed? heck, even when it is absolutely pitch dark, you notice whether your spouse/gf is in bed or not unless the bed is the size of a football stadium. liar.

I grabbed my 9mm pistol from underneath my bed. On my way to the bathroom I screamed words to the effect for him/them to get out of my house and for Reeva to phone the police. It was pitch dark in the bedroom and I thought Reeva was in bed.

so, he could find the gun but not his GF in bed?

yeah totally. nothing abt the story sounds real

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:24 am

Ultimately it is a question of the evidence adding up to his confession. I have my own doubts when I read this:

Pistorius told the Pretoria Magistrate's Court at a bail hearing he felt vulnerable in the presence of an intruder inside the bathroom because he did not have on his prosthetic legs on, and fired into the bathroom door.

In a major point of contention that has already emerged, prosecutor Gerrie Nel said Pistorius took the time to put on his prostheses, walked seven meters (yards) from the bed to the enclosed toilet inside his bathroom and only then opened fire. Three of the bullets hit Steenkamp of the four that were fired into the door, Nel said.

Pistorius said in his sworn statement that after opening fire, he realized that Steenkamp was not in his bed.

"It filled me with horror and fear," Pistorius said. The 26-year-old Olympian said he put on his prosthetic legs and tried to kick down the door before finally giving up and bashing it in with a cricket bat. Inside, he said he found Steenkamp, slumped over. He said he lifted her bloodied body into his arms and tried to carry her downstairs to seek medical help.

But by then, it was too late.

"She died in my arms," the athlete said.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:43 pm

panini press wrote:When I heard the news, I wondered if drugs* might be involved. There is more to this than meets the eye. But it certainly shows the dangers of gun ownership, and how it is a big responsibility to be taken very seriously.

* Not non-hallucinogenic soma juice used purely for seed-fortification purposes.

** this guy is seriuosly scary. he's a cripple and he did this, imagine what he would do if he had two normal legs! he wanted her entrapped in a box where she couldn't run, so he could shoot her.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:28 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:i find it hard to believe that he mistook her for an intruder. pure, unadulterated, 24 carat, major league bullspit.

>>>Nope, the coins are not adding up in this narrative.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:33 am

Looks like the SA police is as inept as Indian police.

no break ins. The girl is shot in the bathroom and there is only one Pistorius. He does not find her in his bed, and goes to bathroom, scared there was an intruder and shoots "the person" forgetting totally about the missing woman in his bed....

yeah rite...not even hindi story writers will buy this crap...and yet the SA police is mumbling and bungling.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:11 am

Kris wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:i find it hard to believe that he mistook her for an intruder. pure, unadulterated, 24 carat, major league bullspit.

>>>Nope, the coins are not adding up in this narrative.

if i were to connect the dots, i would say that he suspected she was cheating on him and was using him for fame and money. he got angry and killed her. even the dullest prosecutor should be able to send him to the gaol based just on his own affidavit.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:47 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Looks like the SA police is as inept as Indian police.

no break ins. The girl is shot in the bathroom and there is only one Pistorius. He does not find her in his bed, and goes to bathroom, scared there was an intruder and shoots "the person" forgetting totally about the missing woman in his bed....

yeah rite...not even hindi story writers will buy this crap...and yet the SA police is mumbling and bungling.

How true.
Looks like in the OJ Case the "investigator" is now under scrutiny..and you know when the investigator in a murder case becomes the focus..the "client" is not so innocent.

I am not saying there are NO corrupt investigators/police..but, in this case..looks like the defense is going there right away.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:16 am

If there are guns, people will die.

More guns equate to more deaths.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:20 am

Exactly. He's popular icon and she was pretty and white and both successful.

That's why the world is discussing... for so long
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down