Let's show them we're not nuts by acting nuts Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's show them we're not nuts by acting nuts

2 posters

Go down

Let's show them we're not nuts by acting nuts Empty Let's show them we're not nuts by acting nuts

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:38 am

OK, I promise, this is the last one from my new hero Ashish Shakya on the Vishwaroopam fiasco. I particularly like his last paragraph.

(The film, set in New York, is classic Kamal fare. It’s about Vishwanath aka Wiz, played by Kamal Haasan, who battles a jehadi, played by Rahul Bose, also played by Kamal Haasan. Haasan also plays his wife, the cops, the FBI, the bomb and the Empire State Building. In fact, this isn’t a computer – this is Kamal Haasan playing a computer. If you don’t believe me, rub the bottom of the screen gently. Go on. I dare you.)

The contention was that Vishwaroopam showed members from a certain religion (Shintoism) in a bad light. There were protests in Chennai, causing average commute times to soar to 4 hours instead of the usual 3 hours 55 minutes. Also, I’m always intrigued by the logic that goes into these protests:

Leader: This film/book/TV show/comic/web clip/text on shampoo bottle portrays our community as a bunch of violent fanatics. What should we do to counter this?

Follower: We could just ignore it and work on real issues -

Leader: WHAT ARE YOU SOME SORT OF PUSSY! LET’S SHOW THEM THAT WE’RE NOT NUTS BY ACTING NUTS!

Even though my name suggests otherwise, I am part of a minority. I’m part of a group that bases its opinions on something other than the honour of Magic People In The Sky, and then broadcasts those opinions into a world filled with petty agendas backed by powerful maniacs. I’m part of a group that will one day share jail space with murderers and rapists, because someone somewhere didn’t like the sound of our thoughts. So if this column offends you, I urge you to try and understand us, and join hands in espousing the one cause that we all believe in, regardless of faith, i.e. Hafiz Saeed should really take a bath.

http://stupidusmaximus.wordpress.com/2013/02/03/keep-calm-and-ban-everything/

Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Let's show them we're not nuts by acting nuts Empty Re: Let's show them we're not nuts by acting nuts

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:11 am

Hilarious stuff. He is the one bright spot on my Sunday mornings.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Let's show them we're not nuts by acting nuts Empty Re: Let's show them we're not nuts by acting nuts

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:32 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Hilarious stuff. He is the one bright spot on my Sunday mornings.
i wish the telegraph substituted stupid suhel seth's column (which i never read) with ashish shakya's on sundays.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:38 am

Yeah HT carries this guy, buried at the bottom of Page 5 or 6 instead of the op-ed pages. I don't know if they recognize how much value he's bringing to their newspaper. I only heard of Miami Herald in the 90s because Dave Barry used to write for them.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:40 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote: I only heard of Miami Herald in the 90s because Dave Barry used to write for them.
me too! hadn't heard of meeaami herald then. then i went and read all his columns on the net.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down