Did you clean your toilet at home in India or waited for the dalit to come and do the dirty job? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you clean your toilet at home in India or waited for the dalit to come and do the dirty job?

+6
Hellsangel
MaxEntropy_Man
goodcitizn
southindian
Vakavaka Pakapaka
Rishi
10 posters

Go down

Did you clean your toilet at home in India or waited for the dalit to come and do the dirty job? Empty Did you clean your toilet at home in India or waited for the dalit to come and do the dirty job?

Post by Rishi Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:38 pm

Please discuss.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Did you clean your toilet at home in India or waited for the dalit to come and do the dirty job? Empty Re: Did you clean your toilet at home in India or waited for the dalit to come and do the dirty job?

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:33 pm

Here is an interesting experience that I had. I was invited to a symposium in India and given accommodation at a guest house (a nice, spacious place). Two locals, who were giving presentations, didn't find accommodation and I agreed to let them stay at the place given to me. One of them snored like a pig all night and I couldn't sleep. One of them used the toilet in the morning and it was plugged. I ended up unclogging it. The interesting thing is - while I was cleaning, those two were talking to each other in Hindi and essentially making fun of me that I was a toilet cleaner living abroad! I didn't let them know that I understood what they were saying. Disgusting fukular creatures.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Did you clean your toilet at home in India or waited for the dalit to come and do the dirty job? Empty Re: Did you clean your toilet at home in India or waited for the dalit to come and do the dirty job?

Post by Rishi Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:45 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Here is an interesting experience that I had. I was invited to a symposium in India and given accommodation at a guest house (a nice, spacious place). Two locals, who were giving presentations, didn't find accommodation and I agreed to let them stay at the place given to me. One of them snored like a pig all night and I couldn't sleep. One of them used the toilet in the morning and it was plugged. I ended up unclogging it. The interesting thing is - while I was cleaning, those two were talking to each other in Hindi and essentially making fun of me that I was a toilet cleaner living abroad! I didn't let them know that I understood what they were saying. Disgusting fukular creatures.

Absolutely.

In fact, I used to clean the toilet in my home in India before even I came to this country.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:49 pm

Mostly waited for the dalit, but parents did clean toilets some days and take bath after.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:55 pm

In our household growing up, we three boys along with our parents were the dalits ...(if the term "dalit" stands for toilet cleaner).

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:00 pm

vElamma cleaned the bathrooms, but my father insisted that we should take turns cleaning the toilet. so we did. at my father's insistence we also never made vElamma clean the dishes we ate in.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:10 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:vElamma cleaned the bathrooms, but my father insisted that we should take turns cleaning the toilet. so we did. at my father's insistence we also never made vElamma clean the dishes we ate in.
Oh my. Is it because she cleaned toilets that she couldn't do your dishes?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:16 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:vElamma cleaned the bathrooms, but my father insisted that we should take turns cleaning the toilet. so we did. at my father's insistence we also never made vElamma clean the dishes we ate in.

really? that's what you got out of that?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:18 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Il Professore was trying to be sarcastic with vElamma.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:45 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

LOL! Not at all. Was pulling your leg. Wink Coincidentally we also had a Velamma in Madurai. We kids used to call her Periaathaa. Her son-in-law, Balamurugan, was our driver. That family had been with us for two generations. Their granddaughter, Lalitha, was educated by my parents and is now a veterinary doctor in Thovarankurichi near Trichy.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:42 pm

goodcitizn wrote:In our household growing up, we three boys along with our parents were the dalits ...(if the term "dalit" stands for toilet cleaner).

LOL

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:55 pm

Once I cleaned it with harpic but it did not look clean. Then I went to the market and bought an harsh local cleaning liquid and it did a super clean job but the cleaning liquid's odor was very strong and none used that rest room for like a week. Everyone requested not to clean anything.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:23 pm

Back in India, the ones who do the usual household work (doing the dishes, sweeping and mopping the floor, washing clothes, etc) don't clean toilets. So yeah, my mom used to do that.
When i lived in india briefly after marriage, i used to clean the toilet(yeah, with Harpic. It does clean well, Nila). Even now whenever i visit india, the first thing I do wherever i go is to clean the bathrooms and toilets before using them. Of course, i leave them neat and clean after.)

Here in US, i used to do all the cleaning when i lived in MI. Right now, the messicans do it, including the toilets and bathrooms.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:47 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

How about having her wash your undergarments? Were you all washing your own? No, it's a serious question.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:34 am

kinnera wrote:Back in India, the ones who do the usual household work (doing the dishes, sweeping and mopping the floor, washing clothes, etc) don't clean toilets. So yeah, my mom used to do that.
When i lived in india briefly after marriage, i used to clean the toilet(yeah, with Harpic. It does clean well, Nila). Even now whenever i visit india, the first thing I do wherever i go is to clean the bathrooms and toilets before using them. Of course, i leave them neat and clean after.)

Here in US, i used to do all the cleaning when i lived in MI. Right now, the messicans do it, including the toilets and bathrooms.

>>> I remember one guy who used to come separately for the restrooms when I was a kid. Later I think it was just one person for all the chores. Here, up until about 10 years ago, I used to do it. Now its the maid and her helpers who come in to do the general housecleaning. Its a Hispanic group of three.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:47 am

I inherited my obsession for spotless toilets from my dad who used to clean them himself. Once a dalit, always a dalit. Even now, bathroom and toilet cleaning is my pet weekend activity.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:21 am

i am very fussy about the quality of my BR. i want it spotless and dry. one of the joys of life is to find a clean and spotless BR when you need it the most. it is unparalleled. 

i spend 30-40 minutes to clean it every two weeks. i have 4 types of brushes. a broad one (broom-like) that is used for overall sweeping. then i have a smaller one that i use to clean the basin. then another one for the throne. and then i have used toothbrushes that i use to clean nooks and corners. i use surf/tide/whatever to clean the BR. my face after the did is done is every photographer's dream.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:46 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:i am very fussy about the quality of my BR. i want it spotless and dry. one of the joys of life is to find a clean and spotless BR when you need it the most. it is unparalleled. 

i spend 30-40 minutes to clean it every two weeks. i have 4 types of brushes. a broad one (broom-like) that is used for overall sweeping. then i have a smaller one that i use to clean the basin. then another one for the throne. and then i have used toothbrushes that i use to clean nooks and corners. i use surf/tide/whatever to clean the BR. my face after the did is done is every photographer's dream.
LOL! I can imagine. We had performed a homam (the holy bonfire) in our chennai house some years back. I was shocked to find the commode seat bearing two dirty footprints in my BR's attached bathroom. Apparently my mom had allowed the priest to use it who apparently was unaccustomed to the western toilet.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down