is there anyone here Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is there anyone here

3 posters

Go down

is there anyone here Empty is there anyone here

Post by Captain Bhankas Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:31 am

...who has managed to solve 3X3X3 rubik's cube without learning algorithms or cheating?
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

is there anyone here Empty Re: is there anyone here

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:30 am

I was in school when someone gifted me one. A brainiac cousin was a whiz at this, but I suspect he was using some algorithm. He was furious with me when I cheated once by just changing all the stickers on his cube.

The most I ever managed was 2 sides, using only intuition.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:03 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:The most I ever managed was 2 sides, using only intuition.
ditto here. then i learnt to solve all sides using an algorithm.

captain bhankas, you will find this youtube clip (once shared by seven here) simply mindblowing:

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:11 am

I was in high school and in the only violent act I can remember committing against a library, I tore away some pages by a tifr author who had gone into the mathematics of the cube (not sure if it was sci am or some other science magazine) and religiously tried out the algorithms. Even the algo's were quite challenging to me and after a few summer weeks of painstaking trial and error, managed to solve the three layers. The feeling was ecstatic even though it was a algo based approach and by all counts I should have felt like a pretender. But the sheer thrill of having figured it out, developing a muscle memory for the sequences and using an algebraic approach, came as close as I ever will, to a feeling of eureka.

Chennai was going crazy with the rubik's cube at that time and there were competitions and studious nerds with savant looks cracked the cube under a minute. Heady times.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:20 am

Two sides is my max. Never bothered to learn the algorithm even though a nerdy fam friend gave up his little cheat sheet to us.

My way of cheating was to twist and turn the corner squares to make all the 6 faces.

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:40 am

glad to know that i am not alone here. i had never played with a cube before. i bought it recently and tried to wrestle/kung-fu with it. the damn thing ***** my brain good and solid. i could mange nearly two sides but that's all. now i will learn the algorithm and try to master it.

will watch the vid later in the eve, HK.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum