RE "deal" in Palo Alto, CA Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RE "deal" in Palo Alto, CA

+2
garam_kuta
Bittu
6 posters

Go down

RE "deal" in Palo Alto, CA Empty RE "deal" in Palo Alto, CA

Post by Bittu Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:11 am

My hottie-but-annoying SIL bought a house on Friday.

Year Value Land Improvements Total Tax
2012 Assessed $528,042 + $350,488 = $878,530 $11,002

Date Event Price Source Agents
05/19/1997 Sold view details $664,000 Public records

Single Family Residential
4 Bedrooms
3 Bathrooms
2,257 sqft
Lot Size: 5,300 sqft
Built In 1925
Stories: 1 story
Heating
Parking: Garage
9 Rooms
1 Building
County: Santa Clara

Needs a new roof.
Needs plumbing in master bathroom (there is no water coming into this bathroom)
Several other repair jobs, about $150k.

They paid 2.1 mil. Are they idiots or are they now sitting on a pot of gold?!!

You know, if you have to be annoying you should be ugly. That way I can just write you off and ignore you for the rest of your wretched life. If you hot AND annoying, that poses a problem. Constant tug of war. Give and take. Wax and wane. The best situation I can think of would be "rage sex" with SIL at some point. You know...rip off her clothes, slap her bum hard, roughly pummel her vag with my dong until she begs for mercy. Actually she'll only be able to whine and whimper because her mouth will be clamped up with duct tape. Wait, this sounds like rape. Maybe I need to get help. On-the-verge-of-rape counseling.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

RE "deal" in Palo Alto, CA Empty Re: RE "deal" in Palo Alto, CA

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:20 am

craycray, but that's how crazy it is in CA. Anyway, glad that her 2 yr long (or is it more?) house hunting has ended.

PS: why this tremendous kolavari at SIL now? (not that it wasn't there anytime before, but this intensity...). coz she spent such a fortune on a crappy house?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:27 am

They started looking in Feb this year.

There is a lot of history and built-up turmoil leading to the current kolavari at SIL.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:29 am

Bittu wrote:They started looking in Feb this year.

There is a lot of history and built-up turmoil leading to the current kolavari at SIL.

Only 6 months! Not bad. I felt as if it had gone on for a long time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:37 am

note to self: increase your annoying factor, Vids.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:38 am

Bittu wrote:My hottie-but-annoying SIL bought a house on Friday.

Year Value Land   Improvements     Total Tax
2012 Assessed $528,042 + $350,488 = $878,530 $11,002

Date                 Event                   Price        Source Agents
05/19/1997 Sold view details $664,000 Public records

Single Family Residential
4 Bedrooms
3 Bathrooms
2,257 sqft
Lot Size: 5,300 sqft
Built In 1925
Stories: 1 story
Heating
Parking: Garage
9 Rooms
1 Building
County: Santa Clara

Needs a new roof.
Needs plumbing in master bathroom (there is no water coming into this bathroom)
Several other repair jobs, about $150k.

They paid 2.1 mil. Are they idiots or are they now sitting on a pot of gold?!!

You know, if you have to be annoying you should be ugly. That way I can just write  you off and ignore you for the rest of your wretched life. If you hot AND annoying, that poses a problem. Constant tug of war. Give and take. Wax and wane. The best situation I can think of would be "rage sex" with SIL at some point. You know...rip off her clothes, slap her bum hard, roughly pummel her vag with my dong until she begs for mercy. Actually she'll only be able to whine and whimper because her mouth will be clamped up with duct tape. Wait, this sounds like rape. Maybe I need to get help. On-the-verge-of-rape counseling.

East Palo Alto ? I don't know about now, but those days I wouldn't take the 101 exit that passed through that area to reach my home at the other end closer to the University.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:39 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:note to self: increase your annoying factor, Vids.

Yeah, beat me Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:49 am

garam_kuta wrote:
East Palo Alto ? I don't know about now, but those days I wouldn't take the 101 exit that passed through that area to reach my home at the other end closer to the University.

It's right by Rinconada Park. Their front yard opens to a 40mph road with two-lane traffic.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:01 pm

a. there is only one direction that prices move in ca, esp. in palo alto
b. same price gets better homes in los gatos. if money was no object, i would have said atherton
c. wonder if gaylord, siam royal and univ ave looks the same

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:26 pm

Petrichor wrote:a. there is only one direction that prices move in ca, esp. in palo alto

Friend of mine moved from Santa Barbara to the East Coast in 2008. They took a 200k hit on their house. Thankfully the guy's company absorbed the loss since they relocated him.
Palo Alto is nuts. Time will tell...

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:30 pm

Bits
Are you jealous? :-) Just between you and me!!

On west coast prices are high and $1m and up does not look bad.  But the same house can cost 220K in mid south (TN/AL/KY/IN/MO etc) and we cannot compare.

Howz you doing BTW? Still eating one full pack tiger biscuits daily and shooting pics at the liberty? Any new pics you can show? Smile

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:34 pm

TAZ this thread isn't for you buddy. Please step away from this while your heart is still beating.

I'm fine as can be. Yes, still eating 1-2 packs of Parle G daily. Not taking many pictures these days for no good reason. What's new and happening at your end?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:46 pm

[quote="Bittu"][b][u]TAZ this thread isn't for you buddy[/u][/b].[/quote]

ROFL.  Anything I can put finger in and bargain, it is for me. Ah, OK? I have a newer, bigger and better house for far cheaper price than this $1.1m leaky joint in a different state and I am happy with it. Yup my heart is still beating. Wish it stops soon so I can get rid of all this money, naukri, parivar et al mess and take a new body. I am too bored already.

Went to desh and came back recently - went after several years and could not recognize most of the people. I miss desh and street side elachi chai. For $1.25 four of us could eat breakfast and coffee right next to our home in a decent tiffin center.

BTW check for the poly sat/un-sat fats in those biscuits and stay away if the content is had. Most indian companies ignore that content and it is not nutritionally required to be printed on labels. They are worse than the normal sat fats.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:48 pm

The Absolute Zero wrote:
Bittu wrote:TAZ this thread isn't for you buddy.

ROFL.  Anything I can put finger in and bargain, it is for me. Ah, OK? I have a newer, bigger and better house for far cheaper price than this $1.1m leaky joint in a different state and I am happy with it. Yup my heart is still beating. Wish it stops soon so I can get rid of all this money, naukri, parivar et al mess and take a new body. I am too bored already.

Went to desh and came back recently - went after several years and could not recognize most of the people. I miss desh and street side elachi chai. For $1.25 four of us could eat breakfast and coffee right next to our home in a decent tiffin center.

BTW check for the poly sat/un-sat fats in those biscuits and stay away if the content is had. Most indian companies ignore that content and it is not nutritionally required to be printed on labels. They are worse than the normal sat fats.

as a rule, I love anyone who can lecture bittu about money and health.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:50 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
The Absolute Zero wrote:
Bittu wrote:TAZ this thread isn't for you buddy.

as a rule, I love anyone who can lecture bittu about money and health.

LOL! same sentiment here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:28 pm

The Absolute Zero wrote:
You left out a whole million but anyway. Congrats on your new pad.
The Absolute Zero wrote: I miss desh and street side elachi chai. For $1.25 four of us could eat breakfast and coffee right next to our home in a decent tiffin center.
Can't relate. I don't miss desh for anything other than mangoes. For you, the main draw is "For $1.25 four of us..." and that's just your thing. I'm surprised your wife or kids haven't poisoned you yet.
The Absolute Zero wrote: BTW check for the poly sat/un-sat fats in those biscuits and stay away if the content is had. Most indian companies ignore that content and it is not nutritionally required to be printed on labels. They are worse than the normal sat fats.
I know these biscuits are bad for health but mine's so peachy that it can afford to take a few dings and still remain peachy. Know what I mean?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:29 pm

[quote="Bittu"]
Can't relate. I don't miss desh for anything other than mangoes. For you, the main draw is "For $1.25 four of us..." and that's just your thing. [b][u]I'm surprised your wife or kids haven't poisoned you yet.[/u][/b]
[quote]ROFL. Me too. Why had not it happened yet? Damn!
 [/quote]
[/quote]

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:12 pm

If they are spending 150k in improvements, can't they just tear down the house and build a new one, considering it was built in 1925? May be add another 150k, and they would have a brand new house, and they don't have to worry about all that lead and asbestos and crap.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:15 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:If they are spending 150k in improvements, can't they just tear down the house and build a new one, considering it was built in 1925? May be add another 150k, and they would have a brand new house, and they don't have to worry about all that lead and asbestos and crap.

Sounds like a good idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:29 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:If they are spending 150k in improvements, can't they just tear down the house and build a new one, considering it was built in 1925? May be add another 150k, and they would have a brand new house, and they don't have to worry about all that lead and asbestos and crap.

That was the first thought they had, but tearing down the old house and building a new one will be 500k in that area. Plus cost of living while the house is being built. The cost of improvements will be around 100k, that's the best estimate at this time.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:45 pm

Bittu wrote:

That was the first thought they had, but tearing down the old house and building a new one will be 500k in that area. Plus cost of living while the house is being built. The cost of improvements will be around 100k, that's the best estimate at this time.
$500k? How big a house would they want to build? I heard numbers around $150 per sqft towards the high end, and was told you can do it for as little as $80 per sqft if you are not price-sensitive.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:38 am

They consulted some builders and people in the know to find out costs for a 3000 sq foot house including tear down of the existing structure. They got 500-800k estimates.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down