Anyone familiar with Ooty area? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone familiar with Ooty area?

+4
truthbetold
goodcitizn
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
nevada
8 posters

Go down

Anyone familiar with Ooty area? Empty Anyone familiar with Ooty area?

Post by nevada Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:42 pm

I recently spoke to an old friend of mine who chucked his corporate career to start a carnation farm in the Nilgiris. Ever since, the long dormant "live an idyllic farm life" bug in me has awakened again. I started doing some research(all online of course) and found that besides Ooty, Hosur is a top carnation producing area as well. Since my brother lives in Bangalore and Hosur is about 30 km from there, I looked into land prices there and 15-25 lacs an acre seems to be the going rate. Seemed too pricey to me. Then I started looking into land prices in Ooty itself and stumbled upon this gem(or a turd, who knows). How much does agricultural land normally cost in this area? I am not going to start a carnation farm right away but I could buy a few acres now and save up capital over the next 2-3 years to get started. Anyone else have such crazy dreams?

2 acre river front property with beautiful view 2 bedroom attach toilet separate hall 1 acre tea .5 acre ginger .5 acre arecanut  ,banana,jack fruit,best suited for resort 70 lac neg.
4 kms to Gudalur town
Anyone familiar with Ooty area? 1376392929_527941196_2-Farm-house-for-sale-in-gudalur-ooty-tamilnadu-gudalur

Anyone familiar with Ooty area? 1376392929_527941196_3-Pictures-of--Farm-house-for-sale-in-gudalur-ooty-tamilnadu

Anyone familiar with Ooty area? 1376392929_527941196_5-Farm-house-for-sale-in-gudalur-ooty-tamilnadu-Land-Plots-For-Sale

Anyone familiar with Ooty area? 1376392929_527941196_6-Farm-house-for-sale-in-gudalur-ooty-tamilnadu-Real-Estate

Anyone familiar with Ooty area? 1376392929_527941196_4-Farm-house-for-sale-in-gudalur-ooty-tamilnadu-Udhagamandalam

nevada

Back to top Go down

Anyone familiar with Ooty area? Empty Re: Anyone familiar with Ooty area?

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:24 pm

nevada wrote:I recently spoke to an old friend of mine who chucked his corporate career to start a carnation farm in the Nilgiris. Ever since, the long dormant "live an idyllic farm life" bug in me has awakened again. I started doing some research(all online of course) and found that besides Ooty, Hosur is a top carnation producing area as well. Since my brother lives in Bangalore and Hosur is about 30 km from there, I looked into land prices there and 15-25 lacs an acre seems to be the going rate. Seemed too pricey to me. Then I started looking into land prices in Ooty itself and stumbled upon this gem(or a turd, who knows). How much does agricultural land normally cost in this area? I am not going to start a carnation farm right away but I could buy a few acres now and save up capital over the next 2-3 years to get started. Anyone else have such crazy dreams?

Any agri-land - tread with care. Usually these may be handed down by several generations. 4 kms from Gudalur. It is quite far away from Ooty - although only 30 to 40 km, it is mountain drive. There is probably NOTHING else there if you plan to live there. It will be a new env, new status level, etc..etc.. if you have family....that is another issue to consider.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:49 pm

If you are an American citizen with a PIO or OCI status, you can't legally own any agricultural property, even if used as residence. If you are not, then ok.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:07 pm

goodcitizn wrote:If you are an American citizen with a PIO or OCI status, you can't legally own any agricultural property, even if used as residence. If you are not, then ok.
I assume he is a US Citizen, and hence, he may not. But if it is listed as an estate or ranch, he may be able to get away. I dont think 0.5 +0.5 acr is really agri land - unless it is declared as such in the title. It is a problem even for Indian citizens - there are ways to go around it but will involve the usual bribes, cost and bureaucracy (for PIOs and OCIs - forget it).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:15 pm

Big B faced problems with a land purchase in pune and another alloyed in up.
I think pune land was agricultural land. Further nonlinear research could provide some inputs on buying Agrippa lands.
My understanding is that one cannot buy agricultural land for other purposes. But as uppili suggested Indians can find other ways to do things.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:42 am

Nice to know that I am in the same boat as Big B Smile There goes my dream. Back to reality now. Bye bye weekend, hello Monday!

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:55 am

That place look nice Smile

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:05 am

Nila wrote:That place look nice Smile
If you look at it closely you'll know that it is window-dressed (as you'll see in movie sets) to appear attractive enough to shell out 75 lakhs. The window-dressing probably cost around 5 lakhs. It's always better to check the going rate in the surrounding area and how the land is classified - agricultural or residential. In India it is a lot tougher to convert agricultural land into residential land unless you are a real estate developer with political clout and money power. That said, it's not a lot of money to an NRI and somebody will be sucked into it naively.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:36 am

goodcitizn wrote:
If you look at it closely you'll know that it is window-dressed (as you'll see in movie sets) to appear attractive enough to shell out 75 lakhs. The window-dressing probably cost around 5 lakhs.
Bingo! Thamizh film set was the first thought that crossed my mind. All it needs to complete the picture are stacks of painted pots and gaudily (but sparsely) dressed extras dancing around a hero in white pants and a heroine in an elaborate head-dress and garish two-piece "apsara" suit.

Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:59 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
If you look at it closely you'll know that it is window-dressed (as you'll see in movie sets) to appear attractive enough to shell out 75 lakhs. The window-dressing probably cost around 5 lakhs.
Bingo!  Thamizh film set was the first thought that crossed my mind. All it needs to complete the picture are stacks of painted pots and gaudily (but sparsely) dressed extras dancing around a hero in white pants and a heroine in an elaborate head-dress and garish two-piece "apsara" suit.

lol!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:56 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Bingo!  Thamizh film set was the first thought that crossed my mind. All it needs to complete the picture are stacks of painted pots and gaudily (but sparsely) dressed extras dancing around a hero in white pants and a heroine in an elaborate head-dress and garish two-piece "apsara" suit.

hahaha. glad to note a few changes over the decades -- the female in the item song is not as fleshy and the guy sports a six pack as opposed to a gut and a moustache.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:10 am

But that's only because this is not the REAL thing. It's an ersatz spoof from Bollywood.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:34 am

why would you not buy land in hosur at 15 lakhs? I think the land their yields 30-35k per acre...unless the ones you are talking about are not fertile....that's 2% income which means they are priced better than lots of places in the country at this time. agricultural land will be become more and more valuble in the coming years

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down