what was it that attracted you to him/her when it did? - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what was it that attracted you to him/her when it did?

+10
.|Sublime|.
garam_kuta
Kris
charvaka
tapori
Propagandhi711
doofus_maximus
The Absolute Zero
Hellsangel
Rekz
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

what was it that attracted you to him/her when it did? - Page 2 Empty Re: what was it that attracted you to him/her when it did?

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:22 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:that's a fine quote. thank you for using it in a non pretentious manner.

go ahead... borrow a hyphen from unpretentious tambis

name one.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

what was it that attracted you to him/her when it did? - Page 2 Empty Re: what was it that attracted you to him/her when it did?

Post by charvaka Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:23 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:But K still insists he didn't do it coz he doesn't remember.
And you let him get away with that... while you didn't let D_M get away with the holes in his story. My key takeaway: next time I am in trouble I am going to insist that I don't remember doing whatever it is that I am in trouble for.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:23 pm

All right... fastest thread ever to reach two pages.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:25 pm

charvaka wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:But K still insists he didn't do it coz he doesn't remember.
And you let him get away with that... while you didn't let D_M get away with the holes in his story. My key takeaway: next time I am in trouble I am going to insist that I don't remember doing whatever it is that I am in trouble for.

I still insist that there were no holes in my story. She was just fishing.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:27 pm

charvaka wrote:All right... fastest thread ever to reach two pages.
not one female poster shared stories here, except of course TW.
didnt know guys were such suckers for reliving sappy stories!
j/k
the sensitive male thing going on in this thread is cool. i guess.

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:32 pm

yeah it's rather gay hearing how I met my wife stories. being enamored with one's spouse after 1 yr of marriage...something wrong with that but that's just me.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:33 pm

.|Sublime|. wrote:
j/k
True, true. Why don't you start us off with your story?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:33 pm

Now is when we miss Bittu
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:34 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:that's a fine quote. thank you for using it in a non pretentious manner.

name one.

GC, for one

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:36 pm

I noticed you didnt add yourself to the list. also GC is no longer on this site.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:36 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

name one.

GC, for one

LOL he has a website with his picture on prominent display. Talk about unpretentious.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:40 pm

charvaka wrote:
.|Sublime|. wrote:
j/k

absolutely not and how dare I suck oxygen away from new age males.

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:47 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:yeah it's rather gay hearing how I met my wife stories. being enamored with one's spouse after 1 yr of marriage...something wrong with that but that's just me.

well this thread is about what attracted you to them. What was it that made you pick the one (wife or anyone). Not necessarily whether u r in love and or still enamored.

Actually mr dut I'm very interested on hearing your account.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:55 pm

.|Sublime|. wrote:absolutely not and how dare I suck oxygen away from new age males.
The whole is more than the sum of its parts. -- Aristotle*.

The way this thread works, more stories won't suck oxygen away from us new age metrosexual males, but they will keep fueling the fire.

* This quote is definitely not unpretentious, and it is slightly out of context as well.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:57 pm

charvaka wrote:... from us new age metrosexual males,...

When did you get your last facial?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:58 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

Haven't got one yet. Didn't realize that was part of the requirements!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:58 pm

.|Sublime|. wrote:
charvaka wrote:
.|Sublime|. wrote:
j/k

don't be a spoilsport.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:59 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

Haven't got one yet. Didn't realize that was part of the requirements!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:05 pm

charvaka wrote:Haven't got one yet. Didn't realize that was part of the requirements!
Do you shop at Banana Republic?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:06 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
charvaka wrote:Haven't got one yet. Didn't realize that was part of the requirements!
My wife does. I can't stand the store.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:08 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

would be only fair if you jotted down all the requirements in a list format instead of ambushing them. it would be edumacational for all of us too.

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:15 pm

charvaka wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Then you don't qualify.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:15 pm

.|Sublime|. wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

would be only fair if you jotted down all the requirements in a list format instead of ambushing them. it would be edumacational for all of us too.
I second this motion.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:18 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
charvaka wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Then you don't qualify.
Oh, that's sad. So close... the wife has been "suggesting" for months now that "BR has great suits and sports jackets."
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by jayZ Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:20 pm

.|Sublime|. wrote:
charvaka wrote:
.|Sublime|. wrote:
j/k

Yes, let 'em explore their feminine side.

jayZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:20 pm

charvaka wrote:Oh, that's sad. So close...
You are not happy being just a hetero?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:24 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
charvaka wrote:Oh, that's sad. So close...
You are not happy being just a hetero?
Metrosexual is by definition heterosexual... it's a portmanteau of metropolitan and heterosexual.

PS: I was just being sarcastic with that "sad, so close" comment.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:24 pm

charvaka wrote:

Yes. I got that.

PS: That is why I used 'just'. I know the definition.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:35 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
charvaka wrote:

Yes. I got that.

PS: That is why I used 'just'. I know the definition.
This conversation made me look up the word on Wikipedia. And I found this very interesting:

... the fact that women buy less of men's clothing than they used to has,
more than any other factor, propelled men into stores to shop for
themselves. "In 1985 only 25 percent of all men's apparel was bought by
men, he said; 75 percent was bought by women for men. By 1998 men were
buying 52 percent of apparel; in 2004 that number grew to 69 percent and
shows no sign of slowing." One result of this shift was the revelation
that men cared more about how they look than the women shopping for them
had.

I hadn't realized such a profound shift took place across America. I wonder if women buy men's clothes for the most part in India. (My wife bought most of my clothes.)
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:41 pm

Also, I wonder what drove that increasing trend of men shopping for themselves. Is it TV / media, or more and more women saying "I am tired of buying clothes for you" (as my wife says sometimes), or something else? Can't really think of any macro trends that might spark such a big shift in behavior.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:43 pm

.|Sublime|. wrote:
charvaka wrote:
.|Sublime|. wrote:
j/k

I am guessing you have no story that you may wanna share here. That's totally ok. No one is judging no one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:43 pm

charvaka wrote:Also, I wonder what drove that increasing trend of men shopping for themselves. Is it TV / media, or more and more women saying "I am tired of buying clothes for you" (as my wife says sometimes), or something else? Can't really think of any macro trends that might spark such a big shift in behavior.
More single men perhaps.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:49 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:

I am guessing you have no story that you may wanna share here. That's totally ok. No one is judging no one.
Nice try!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:51 pm

charvaka wrote:Also, I wonder what drove that increasing trend of men shopping for themselves. Is it TV / media, or more and more women saying "I am tired of buying clothes for you" (as my wife says sometimes), or something else? Can't really think of any macro trends that might spark such a big shift in behavior.

My husband buys most of his own clothes, and sometimes cribs that I don't buy stuff for him like other wives do. I say, 'kabhi mauka to de'. If his closet is full of brand new clothes, why would I stack on. But when I do buy some stuff it's so different from what he regularly buys that he cherishes them a lot.

One I had bought this cashmere sweater for him, but he said he don't wear those. 2-3 years later, I gave it away to this bil (who is living with us now)... K was like - how could you do that.. just this year I was planning to start wearing them, as people in office do'.

Guess the shift happened maybe coz the men started thinking buying clothes wasn't really spendthriftness, and you gotta look sharp at the work place. Also, they were no longer wearing ties and suits, there was this whole 'biz casual' thing going on. Then maybe to keep up with the other johns in the workplace they began buying themsleves. Wives would not know what trends are going on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:52 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

Nice try!

no that was not a try... key words being "that you may wanna share here". I am sure sublime has some crazy wild stories... almost all math geeks do.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:01 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:Also, they were no longer wearing ties and suits, there was this whole 'biz casual' thing going on. Then maybe to keep up with the other johns in the workplace they began buying themsleves. Wives would not know what trends are going on.
That's a good possible reason... although I would have thought it's harder for the woman to buy a suit than it is to buy shirts and slacks for her man.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:05 pm

charvaka wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:Also, they were no longer wearing ties and suits, there was this whole 'biz casual' thing going on. Then maybe to keep up with the other johns in the workplace they began buying themsleves. Wives would not know what trends are going on.
That's a good possible reason... although I would have thought it's harder for the woman to buy a suit than it is to buy shirts and slacks for her man.

They would fit 5-6 suits at a time and wear them for ages...wives just needed to supplement the shirts which are very fixed sizes and ties. And casuals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:05 pm

Romance is in the air! I soo wana read all the responses and tell my story but have no time Sad(

I saw this thread this morning and wanted to post but no time Sad(

i'll quickly tell in short for now. i married my best friend's brother for he is different from all the other guys and oh i love him so dearly. i know him a long time and we used to meet often but the point when i knew he is the one was when i saw him gel with my family. everyone loved him and he became one of us in no time. thats when i knew he will always love me.

Back to top Go down

Post by tapori Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:09 pm

jayZ wrote:
.|Sublime|. wrote:
charvaka wrote:
.|Sublime|. wrote:
j/k

Yes, let 'em explore their feminine side.

ye kya dimag ka dahi wada karta hei, sub apni mal ke bare me kya accha laga woh bolta hei aur tu uchi uchi fekta hei. apun male logo ka under bhi dhichuk dhichuk hota hei.

tapori

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:10 pm

seven wrote:Romance is in the air! I soo wana read all the responses and tell my story but have no time Sad(

i'll quickly tell in short for now. i married my best friend's brother for he is different from all the other guys and oh i love him so dearly. i know him a long time and we used to meet often but the point when i knew he is the one was when i saw him gel with my family. everyone loved him and he became one of us in no time. thats when i knew he will always love me.

best friend's brother (or sister)... hmm. quite common. Among us, both my bff's brothers were older to us, but no such issues. Our friendship was waaaay more important than anything that could go wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:21 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
seven wrote:Romance is in the air! I soo wana read all the responses and tell my story but have no time Sad(

best friend's brother (or sister)... hmm. quite common. Among us, both my bff's brothers were older to us, but no such issues. Our friendship was waaaay more important than anything that could go wrong.

she was very supportive. we r still best friends.

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:32 am

what attracted me to her when i first met her was her color (i AM a shallow person, all right) and her bubbly nature. we hit it out in our very first meeting and i must say i liked her company very much. then i met with her after a week and liked her even better. i kept meeting her every saturday night and then i not unnaturally fell in love with her. i love beer.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:57 am

Gasp. Not you too! Villain, I had these suspicions about my beloved lawnmower beer but your confessions have now confirmed my worst fears. Prepare to meet your end.**

** The courts have now ruled that cuckolds are the bedrock of society and if they kill their partners' illicit lovers in a fit of rage, that is only culpable homicide not amounting to murder.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:02 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Gasp. Not you too! Villain, I had these suspicions about my beloved lawnmower beer but your confessions have now confirmed my worst fears. Prepare to meet your end.**

** The courts have now ruled that cuckolds are the bedrock of society and if they kill their partners' illicit lovers in a fit of rage, that is only culpable homicide not amounting to murder.

Maria susairaj acquitted-unfair
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:10 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Gasp. Not you too! Villain, I had these suspicions about my beloved lawnmower beer but your confessions have now confirmed my worst fears. Prepare to meet your end.**

cocks his Colt 67XWE-98JKLNBH and looks around a lot like how amitabh bachchan would look if he were to enter villain ranjit's house.

yeah, that verdict is baffling - not amounting to murder! and maria were all smiles for the shutterbugs yesterday. this after the court convicting her of cutting grover's body into pieces to destroy the evidence. if this is not kaliyug then i don't know what is. a full report will follow from sara boji's desk in a few.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:20 am

btw, it all began with a bottle of london pilsner for me. back then, i thought i was drinking enjoying relishing appreciating a world class beer (because it had "London" in its name) but now i realize that it was only a lawnmower variety.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:22 am

Another Brick wrote:yeah, that verdict is baffling - not amounting to murder!

Yeah, that is how the law is written wrt murders committed without pre-meditation.

But on a whim (since I'm idle right now, waiting for the big meeting this afternoon), I looked up the famous Nanavati case that so exercised the entire country a few decades ago. I was struck by the position that defence took, that it was an accident and they both reached for the gun!

Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:25 am

Another Brick wrote:btw, it all began with a bottle of london pilsner for me. back then, i thought i was drinking enjoying relishing appreciating a world class beer (because it had "London" in its name) but now i realize that it was only a lawnmower variety.

You sir are now plumbing the depths of villainy. Just like the last words of the notorious (and dead) Prem Ahuja: "Will I marry every woman I sleep with?", by scorning by beloved London Pilsners as "only a lawnmower variety" you've only driven me into a state of rage that shall be very favorably looked upon during the trial (if ever it comes to that).
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:19 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote: I was struck by the position that defence took, that it was an accident and they both reached for the gun!

i wonder how any lawyer could have hoped to sound genuine while arguing any such thing. it is clear that nanavati had the gun on him ever since he left his naval base and there could not have been a fight to get hold of it. regardless, the man walked free 3 years later and settled in toronto with his wife after the pardon. i wonder how the couple managed to live together after all this happened. you sleep around, i kill your lover, i get sentenced and then pardoned and you and me love happily ever after?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:56 am

Another Brick wrote:i wonder how the couple managed to live together after all this happened. you sleep around, i kill your lover, i get sentenced and then pardoned and you and me love happily ever after?

Men, sir, are such suckers. A woman's tears can freeze all rational thought and turn the brains to mush. Sylvia Nanavati comes across across as quite chalu. Here's a gripping, tabloidy account of the saga based on court records:

In court, reveals Mr Chandrachud, Slvia came off very well on the records. As Blitz dripping with sympathy, notes, she came dressed in a white nylon sari and choli and in a voice choked with emotion narrated her story to the court. Sylvia, Blitz wrote, the sad and repentant wife. The naïve, penitent, Englishwoman led astray by a dishy ladykiller.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next