backward sanchar nigam ltd Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

backward sanchar nigam ltd

4 posters

Go down

backward sanchar nigam ltd Empty backward sanchar nigam ltd

Post by Another Brick Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:55 am

details here.

what next? muslim to muslim free? hindu to hindu cashback? what the uff?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

backward sanchar nigam ltd Empty Re: backward sanchar nigam ltd

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:05 am

Haha..yeah, as long as the organizer guarantees a minimum number of connections, they'll happily offer a closed user group plan to anyone who asks. Volumes are volumes - why should BSNL care what is the basis for formation of the group?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:21 am

i am wondering if i should needle sevaji with this news item.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:48 am

Closed user groups are groups of GSM mobile telephone subscribers that can only make calls and receive calls from members within the group.

Source: http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/obcs-getcallbsnl/441556/

What does the above mean? Are they really, truly prevented from making or receiving calls outside the OBC network? For example, does BSNL prevent these people from making calls to non-OBCs or receiving calls from non-OBCs? Will these people start carrying around two cell phones? One for calls to/from other OBCs and another for calls to/from non-OBCs? How does this work?

Last edited by SomeProfile on Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:48 am

Another Brick wrote:i am wondering if i should needle sevaji with this news item.

done!

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:52 am

fantastic. now we see seva writing replies after replies to his own post but not before wishing a very good morning to whoever is left there.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:54 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Haha..yeah, as long as the organizer guarantees a minimum number of connections, they'll happily offer a closed user group plan to anyone who asks. Volumes are volumes - why should BSNL care what is the basis for formation of the group?

So, you think gender or language is a good enough basis for formation of the group? Eg: All the women form a closed user group (Plan Mala), all the Tamils form another group (Plan Sun Tamil Maalai)?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:59 am

SomeProfile wrote:So, you think gender or language is a good enough basis for formation of the group? Eg: All the women form a closed user group (Plan Mala), all the Tamils form another group (Plan Sun Tamil Maalai)?

It's not about what I think. It's what the service-provider thinks of the organizer's ability to deliver those committed volumes. If, for instance, you want to set up a CUG for all the pimps in India, BSNL will do it provided you can convince them of your ability to aggregate those numbers.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:02 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
SomeProfile wrote:So, you think gender or language is a good enough basis for formation of the group? Eg: All the women form a closed user group (Plan Mala), all the Tamils form another group (Plan Sun Tamil Maalai)?

It's not about what I think. It's what the service-provider thinks of the organizer's ability to deliver those committed volumes. If, for instance, you want to set up a CUG for all the pimps in India, BSNL will do it provided you can convince them of your ability to aggregate those numbers.

You said: "as long as the organizer guarantees a minimum number of connections, they'll happily offer a closed user group plan to anyone who asks."

So, you think that they will happily form a CUG for all the women and another CUG for all the Tamils as long as you ask and guarantee that there are at least 6000 women and 6000 Tamils in India?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:03 am

What part of "ability to aggregate" are you unable to understand?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:51 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:What part of "ability to aggregate" are you unable to understand?

Are you saying that any system that has the ability to aggregate OBCs for the purpose of providing and billing cell phone service, cannot aggregate the group of all women or all Tamils who desire similar service?

See, this is the reason why I lose faith in humanity. You are supposed to be educated, a rational South Indian, elderly gentleman, probably a knowledge worker who influences other people's decisions by his analyses and recommendations. Even you lose sight of simple logic due to your 'willing blindness' and prejudices. How can I expect anything better from the average humanity? I know that a majority of human actions are not indeed rational. But this is really a simple matter.

BSNL's whole deal with offering a group cellphone plan for OBCs is a political stunt. Nothing more, nothing less. Instead of recognizing and acknowledging it as such, you wanted to rationalize that it was a routine business decision on their part and they will extend a similar group plan to any set of people who have a common criteria around which they can be aggregated. There started the slippery slope of your logic. Now you find yourself in a place where you have to either acknowledge that they will offer similar plans to the group of all women or all Tamils, which sounds quite absurd and you know they will not do that. Or, you have to acknowledge that your original glib declaration was so much b.s.

I won't make you run away like a little girl this time. Believe it or not, I am the person who feels worse when that happens. I just feel a deep sadness for humanity.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:55 am

What makes me want to vomit is that if BSNL had offered a group plan to a group of chaddis, you'd be one of the loudest people rightly proclaiming it to be a political stunt. Only because this particular stunt happened to involve OBCs, you are willfully blind.

That is not the case with me. Chaddis or OBCs or any other group, I recognize and call a regressive political action as a regressive political action.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:08 am

SP- r u ok? u r puking and vomiting a lot these days...
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down