Imagine if it was Sourav Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imagine if it was Sourav

+2
bw
b_A
6 posters

Go down

Imagine if it was Sourav Empty Imagine if it was Sourav

Post by b_A Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:09 pm

Trott goes back home after Johnson showed him up with his short pitched express deliveries.
And all the cricinfo experts are so "sympathetic" and supportive.
The same experts made so much fun of so-called weakness of Sourav Ganguly when it comes to short pitched bowling even though he has handled it much better.
Different rules for different colors of skin.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Imagine if it was Sourav Empty Re: Imagine if it was Sourav

Post by bw Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:23 pm

b_A wrote:Trott goes back home after Johnson showed him up with his short pitched express deliveries.
The same experts made so much fun of so-called weakness of Sourav Ganguly when it comes to short pitched bowling even though he has handled it much better.
a lot of people(including indians) disliked ganguly because he had a spine.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:35 pm

bw wrote:
b_A wrote:Trott goes back home after Johnson showed him up with his short pitched express deliveries.
no, a lot of people disliked ganguly because he played games with other people's careers, in particular laxman's who he constantly viewed as a threat to his own place in the team. i actually thought he was a good captain.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:35 pm

Exactly. Some of the noisy Indian fans would've made lot of noise if SG returned home midway from a tour

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:37 pm

b_A wrote:Exactly. Some of the noisy Indian fans would've made lot of  noise if SG returned home midway from a tour
indians like only "good boys" - like RD and VVS. nothing wrong with being a "gentleman" but neither had the guts to confront the system and that goon, GC.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:38 pm

bw wrote:
I wish he showed similar spine on the field.

*hint*hint* Yuvi wouldn't have opened innings in a test match (despite THE COURAGEOUS CAPTAIN being one of the TOP ONEDAY  BATS).

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:39 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote:
no, a lot of people disliked ganguly because he played games with other people's careers, in particular laxman's who he constantly viewed as a threat to his own place in the team.  i actually thought he was a good captain.
yeah, that's the story the media boys spread coz ganguly had a spine. prem panicker of rediff was one such.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:40 pm

bw wrote:
b_A wrote:Exactly. Some of the noisy Indian fans would've made lot of  noise if SG returned home midway from a tour
indians like only "good boys" - like RD and VVS. nothing wrong with being a "gentleman" but neither had the guts to confront the system and that goon, GC.
i like bad boys who act like thugs in the interest of the team, but i don't like weaselly politicians who are motivated by a desire to save their own ass.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:42 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
bw wrote:

*hint*hint* Yuvi wouldn't have opened innings in a test match (despite THE COURAGEOUS CAPTAIN being one of the TOP ONEDAY  BATS).
how can being a top one day bat make one a good opener in tests? RD should have opened. after all, he was #3.

Last edited by bw on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:44 pm

I doubt anyone showed sympathy to Boycs & the other gentleman from England (name escapes me) when they faced chin music from the Windies battery (Holding in particular). Also, there were stories about Viv Richards consulting a psychiatrist after facing Thommo & Lille.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:48 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
I doubt anyone showed sympathy to Boycs & the other gentleman from England (name escapes me) when they faced chin music from the Windies battery (Holding in particular). Also, there were stories about Viv Richards consulting a psychiatrist after facing Thommo & Lille.
brian close. he is plenty respected in england.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:48 pm

bw wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
bw wrote:

how can being a top one day bat make one a good opener in test? RD should have opened. after all, he was #3.
We're talking about spine, aren't we?

Dravid did as a captain leading by example, against PAK, along with VVSL.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:50 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
That's it. Thanks.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:53 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
bw wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
bw wrote:

how can being a top one day bat make one a good opener in test? RD should have opened. after all, he was #3.

what happened to dravid's spine when GC was slandering all and sundry in the indian team? he was the captain, wasn't he? why did he turn into GC's puppet? couldn't bear to tarnish his squeaky clean boy image?

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:54 pm

i like ganguly, but he is a flawed human being just like everyone else. and this attempt to contrast him with RD and portray him to advantage as captain doesn't really work, because his own selfishness under pressure on the field and desire to save himself over laxman reduces him in many people's eyes. OTOH he was a good captain and frequently got under the aussies' skin which is a good thing.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:55 pm

bw wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
bw wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
bw wrote:a lot of people(including indians) disliked ganguly because he had a spine.

what happened to dravid's spine when GC was slandering all and sundry in the indian team? he was the captain, wasn't he? why did he turn into GC's puppet? couldn't bear to tarnish his squeaky clean boy image?
perhaps he genuinely and in hindsight mistakenly believed that GC's approach was correct.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:00 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
bw wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:I wish he showed similar spine on the field.

perhaps he genuinely and in hindsight mistakenly believed that GC's approach was correct.
really? GC's approach of feeding info to the media about the team? RD was too weak and too 'nice' to confront him. not a sign of someone who has a 'spine'.

anyway, this topic is rather old and i have wasted an incredible number of hours back when i was a lot more passionate about cricket and a lot more immature and stupid.

i like both RD and SG for various reasons and respect them for their contributions. love, peace, joy etc.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:36 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Biran Close was one of the top 10 cricketers who played the longest in test cricket (some article came out 2 weeks back). But he was playing in short spurts since late 40s. The last stint was in mid 70s (at the age of some 44) when he was brought back to face the windies trio. Same thing with Colin cowdrey. That was the time England had paper giants like Dennis Amiss, Mike Brearly, Gatting, Gooch etc.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:36 pm

Stress-related illness...:

AKA Bouncer D/O.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:50 pm

bw wrote:

i like both RD and SG for various reasons and respect them for their contributions. love, peace, joy etc.
right except when you criticize RD it's with a sense of fairness, but when "some indians" criticize ganguly it's out of spite and hate. yes peace, love, joy etc. to you as well.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:28 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote:

right except when you criticize RD it's with a sense of fairness, but when "some indians" criticize ganguly it's out of spite and hate. yes peace, love, joy etc. to you as well.
of course.

SG is a much maligned cricketer. dravid has never been subjected to such criticism or character assassination by the media. there is no comparison. he just let GC run the show and took the back seat. nothing wrong with that but it also ensures that he gets the "gentleman" image. sg's association with dalmiya had a lot to do with this hatred. they made a green pitch out of the usual sleeping beauty at nagpur to spite SG(dalmiya). a lot of viciousness was at play.

anyway, more love, peace and joy to you.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:43 pm

Ganguly scored a match saving century in Brisbane in 2003 to shut up foul mouthed Aussie media which was circling over him and the team like a starved vulture. The pressure he must have faced - as captain of the team, as a flat track bully who could not withstand chin music, etc must have been 10 times more than what Trott faced in the current series.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:35 am

bw wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote:

of course.

SG is a much maligned cricketer. dravid has never been subjected to such criticism or character assassination by the media. there is no comparison. he just let GC run the show and took the back seat. nothing wrong with that but it also ensures that he gets the "gentleman" image. sg's association with dalmiya had a lot to do with this hatred. they made a green pitch out of the usual sleeping beauty at nagpur to spite SG(dalmiya). a lot of viciousness was at play.

anyway, more love, peace and joy to you.
 not really! didn't they call him spineless, pappu, slave etc., confusing leadership qualities with getting into fights, taking shirts off after someone wins you a match.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down