Advaita, Maya(Illusion) or Math? Interesting!! Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advaita, Maya(Illusion) or Math? Interesting!!

4 posters

Go down

Advaita, Maya(Illusion) or Math? Interesting!! Empty Advaita, Maya(Illusion) or Math? Interesting!!

Post by Impedimenta Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:46 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/16/opinion/sunday/is-the-universe-a-simulation.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Advaita, Maya(Illusion) or Math? Interesting!! Empty Re: Advaita, Maya(Illusion) or Math? Interesting!!

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:38 pm

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Advaita, Maya(Illusion) or Math? Interesting!! Empty Re: Advaita, Maya(Illusion) or Math? Interesting!!

Post by Kris Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:49 pm

Impedimenta wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/16/opinion/sunday/is-the-universe-a-simulation.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0
>>>Ever since I read this article, I can't get thought out of my head about the aspect of math existing as a stand alone entity. This is not some mystical projection of an external agency. It is a very real conundrum that could suggest something outside of the reality we perceive.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:59 pm

Kris wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/16/opinion/sunday/is-the-universe-a-simulation.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0
>>>Ever since I read this article, I can't get thought out of my head about the aspect of math existing as a stand alone entity. This is not some mystical projection of an external agency. It is a very real conundrum that could suggest something outside of the reality we perceive.

"Moreover, this theorem means the same thing to everyone today as it meant 2,500 years ago, and will mean the same thing to everyone a thousand years from now."

This is why i call law, business, marketing, finance as all man made and can change the rules as they feel convenient.

Now, I think math cannot exist as a stand alone entity. Mathematics tries to explain physics laws that have been observed or yet to be observed. Mathematics is a powerful tool to solve problems of physics (as I call it natural laws of the Universe). In a way universe itself can be a simulation - using all the math to simulate what is perceived to be the universe. Universe growing at the speed of light and accelerating? really... but that is what mathematics and simulation are telling us.

This is too much for this time of day.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down