ridiculous expectation Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ridiculous expectation

3 posters

Go down

ridiculous expectation Empty ridiculous expectation

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:58 pm

a seventh grader is being subjected to a homework and a study guide whose subject matter is forces and vector addition of forces. they've been taught all of this slapdash and handed a gigantic homework and expected to take a test on it tomorrow. i think the whole thing is ridiculous.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

ridiculous expectation Empty Re: ridiculous expectation

Post by FluteHolder Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:06 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:a seventh grader is being subjected to a homework and a study guide whose subject matter is forces and vector addition of forces. they've been taught all of this slapdash and handed a gigantic homework and expected to take a test on it tomorrow. i think the whole thing is ridiculous.
It is. Here it is the norm that all the 'Asian' parents have to spend more time/help with kids on their school work or send to private$ classes.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:39 pm

i don't have a problem with helping my child. i have a problem that:

(a) the teacher hasn't done as thorough job of explaining vectors and vector algebra from scratch
(b) he seems to have taught the students only how to deal with orthogonal forces and how to compute the resultant and skipped out on non-orthogonal forces. yet the homework problems he has assigned include non-orthogonal forces. this is what is pissing me off.

since she doesn't yet have a trig background, i am simply trying geometrical constructions to improve understanding. meanwhile, the water heater has broken and flooded part of the basement.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:08 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i don't have a problem with helping my child. i have a problem that:

(a) the teacher hasn't done as thorough job of explaining vectors and vector algebra from scratch
(b) he seems to have taught the students only how to deal with orthogonal forces and how to compute the resultant and skipped out on non-orthogonal forces. yet the homework problems he has assigned include non-orthogonal forces. this is what is pissing me off.

since she doesn't yet have a trig background, i am simply trying geometrical constructions to improve understanding. meanwhile, the water heater has broken and flooded part of the basement.

You are right...

I need to change my water heater also. its stipulated life ended in 2012. I better change it... soon....

Oh...good luck and have fun with the non-orthodox forces...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down