This guy got it right Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This guy got it right

+2
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Rishi
6 posters

Go down

This guy got it right Empty This guy got it right

Post by Rishi Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:48 am

The problem ultimately boils downs to a simple human failing: human beings first decide whether they like or dislike somebody and then open or close their minds to him/her. If you like Modi, nothing he does will ever look bad to you. If you dislike him, he can stand on one leg and beg for fair judgment, but we will not listen.

The problem is our beliefs determine what we accept as reason – and not the other way round. We believe that BJP is communal and so it can never change. We believe that some other parties are secular, and so even if there is evidence of their communal acts, we dismiss that as an aberration. We believe that if the BJP acts secular, that must be an aberration.

There is no getting away from self-deception.

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/india/why-just-mj-akbar-his-critics-should-explain-their-obstinacy-too-1449205.html?utm_source=ref_article

>>>What R. Jagannathan says is true about everything in life.

I had a white co-worker. His name was Jeff. I also work with a bunch of Chinese whom Jeff did not like very much. And there was Vania, a Mexican woman. I used to go out for lunch with Vania, Jeff and her friend (not boy friend) Ron, a white guy. I tell them some of the stories I post here which they thought were funny.

Few months down the road, Jeff and I got into some fight. He went to the Manager. It was resolved.

Actually it was my fault. I got angry. Later in the day, I apologized to Jeff. He said "You don't have to apologize Venkat. I like you."

Rishi

Back to top Go down

This guy got it right Empty Re: This guy got it right

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:13 am

Rishi wrote:The problem ultimately boils downs to a simple human failing: human beings first decide whether they like or dislike somebody and then open or close their minds to him/her. If you like Modi, nothing he does will ever look bad to you. If you dislike him, he can stand on one leg and beg for fair judgment, but we will not listen.

Agree 102%. That is what I tell others - be it in office setting or in personal/family setup. Same mistake seems nothing if it is done by someone you like and the same good quality amounts to nothing if the person is someone you dont like much. One has to devise an work on own technique to overcome this tendency.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:15 am

"Anyone who speaks in public, whether master orator or ordinary word-shuffler, comes to a platform after some preparation. The one eventuality no one can quite prepare for is a crisis; and there is no crisis greater for an individual than a threat to one's life. At that moment, the reaction is more likely to emerge from a heart than the head. The bombs that began to burst at Narendra Modi's Patliputra rally were aimed at the crowds, of course, but also at him. His instant response was to ask a powerful question to both Hindus and Muslims that went to the crux of the principal challenge before our nation, and included its solution as well. He asked these two great communities to choose: they could either fight each other, or together they could confront that shaming curse called poverty."

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-03-24/news/48524118_1_gujarat-riots-narendra-modi-economic-vision

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:48 am

Of everything you've posted here, what I find most convincing is that jeff is white.

modi is hated because he brought about the murder of thousands of innocent muslims in gujarat.

you like modi because you dislike indian muslims for no reason other than your insecurities.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:58 am

swapna wrote:Of everything you've posted here, what I find most convincing is that jeff is white.

modi is hated because he brought about the murder of thousands of innocent muslims in gujarat.

you like modi because you dislike indian muslims for no reason other than your insecurities.

750 muslims and 250 hindus in Gujarat. Not sure which dictionary - perhaps the Queen's Butler Dictionary does - interprets that as "THOUSANDS of......"

Innocent ? How can you be sure that ALL of the iSlamis who were killed were innocent. Are you sure there was not a single pickpocket, rapist, cheater, burglar, terrorist ? Did they have a ration card - certifying them as innocent ?

If one counts Swapna, Micchelle, Michele2, Flim Flam, mOnocle, Mbururu as considered 6 different people, then 750 iSlamis can be counted as 4500 people.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:27 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
swapna wrote:Of everything you've posted here, what I find most convincing is that jeff is white.

750 muslims and 250 hindus in Gujarat. Not sure which dictionary - perhaps the Queen's Butler Dictionary does - interprets that as "THOUSANDS of......"

Innocent ?  How can you be sure that ALL of the iSlamis who were killed were innocent. Are you sure there was not a single pickpocket, rapist, cheater, burglar, terrorist ? Did they have a ration card - certifying them as innocent ?

If one counts Swapna, Micchelle, Michele2, Flim Flam, mOnocle, Mbururu as considered 6 different people, then 750 iSlamis can be counted as 4500 people.
it was interesting to watch you come unhinged. thousands is right.  

still ignorant about justice in democratic societies, aren't you? no one needs to be certified as innocent to not be killed; a court of law is required to try a person, find him/her guilty, and sentence him/her to death before s/he can be put to death according to the law. 

if modi and his supporters, you and rishi among them, are to be even a little credible, you must prove that ALL of the people who were murdered in gujarat in the post-godhra riots of 2002 had been given the death penalty by a court of law, and that modi was the appointed executioner. if you can't, i'll continue to consider modi to be one of the most notorious mass murderers of india. 

while you collect the required certification, do read the following report by human rights watch:

We Have No Orders to Save You - State Participation and Complicity in Communal Riots in Gujarat - April 30, 2002

you can download the full, 75-page report by clicking on the link at the bottom of the page. no doubt, you and rishi will be interested in all the details.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:45 pm

michelle2 wrote:

Innocent ?  How can you be sure that ALL of the iSlamis who were killed were innocent. Are you sure there was not a single pickpocket, rapist, cheater, burglar, terrorist ? Did they have a ration card - certifying them as innocent ?

still ignorant about justice in democratic societies, aren't you? no one needs to be certified as innocent to not be killed; a court of law is required to try a person, find him/her guilty, and sentence him/her to death before s/he can be put to death according to the law. 

if modi and his supporters, you and rishi among them, are to be even a little credible, you must prove that ALL of the people who were murdered in gujarat in the post-godhra riots of 2002 had been given the death penalty by a court of law, and that modi was the appointed executioner. if you can't, i'll continue to consider modi to be one of the most notorious mass murderers of india. 

while you collect the required certification, do read the following report by human rights watch:

We Have No Orders to Save You - State Participation and Complicity in Communal Riots in Gujarat - April 30, 2002

you can download the full, 75-page report by clicking on the link at the bottom of the page. no doubt, you and rishi will be interested in all the details.
Someone here wants to talk about law. 

a) Why doesn't your court of law not apply the 56 people roasted alive in a train and watched by a Muslim Mob of 2000 ? 

b) Why doesn't the court of law apply  to 10+ innocents killed in Cold Blood in Marad in Kerala ?

c) Why doesn't your court of law apply to many Hindus/Muslims (majority killed were Hindus) in countless riots in Gujarat (more than 10000+) from 1950 to 2002 ? BTW unlike 2002, some of those riots went on for months.

Please first educate yourself about the History of riots in India, before writing on the topic. Citizens of India (Hindus and Muslims) suffer  the most due to riots with the provocateurs always doing it because of Political Islam which ordinary Muslims do not oppose.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:48 pm

michelle2 wrote:

click here for a news release by human rights watch, which summarizes the report. a brief excerpt:

"What happened in Gujarat was not a spontaneous uprising, it was a carefully orchestrated attack against Muslims. The attacks were planned in advance and organized with extensive participation of the police and state government officials" -- 

Smita Narula, senior South Asia researcher for Human Rights Watch.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:52 pm

michelle2 wrote:
michelle2 wrote:

click here for a news release by human rights watch, which summarizes the report. a brief excerpt:

"What happened in Gujarat was not a spontaneous uprising, it was a carefully orchestrated attack against Muslims. The attacks were planned in advance and organized with extensive participation of the police and state government officials" -- 

Smita Narula, senior South Asia researcher for Human Rights Watch.
So according to you, all the riots from 1969-2002, sometimes going on for months together ,  are spontaneous ? The Marad Attack on Innocent Hindus in Kerala are spontaneous ? The riots in Mumbai in support of Myanmar Muslims are Spontaneous ? The unprovoked attacks on Hindus in Pakistan, Bangladesh, and West Bengal, Assam , J&K and North Kerala in India are spontaneous ?

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum