Top Republicans court Jeb Bush for 2016 run Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top Republicans court Jeb Bush for 2016 run

4 posters

Go down

Top Republicans court Jeb Bush for 2016 run Empty Top Republicans court Jeb Bush for 2016 run

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:54 pm

"Many of the Republican Party’s most powerful insiders and financiers have begun a behind-the-scenes campaign to draft former Florida governor Jeb Bush into the 2016 presidential race, courting him and his intimates and starting talks on fundraising strategy.

Concerned that the George Washington Bridge traffic scandal has damaged New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s political standing and alarmed by the steady rise of Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.), prominent donors, conservative leaders and longtime operatives say they consider Bush the GOP’s brightest hope to win back the White House. 

Many if not most of 2012 GOP nominee Mitt Romney’s major donors are reaching out to Bush and his confidants with phone calls, e-mails and invitations to meet, according to interviews with 30 senior Republicans. One bundler estimated that the “vast majority” of Romney’s top 100 donors would back Bush in a competitive nomination fight."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/influential-republicans-working-to-draft-jeb-bush-into-2016-presidential-race/2014/03/29/11e33b06-b5f2-11e3-8cb6-284052554d74_story.html?hpid=z1

-> What do those NRI patriots that cry day & night on SuCH about Indian dynastic politics, think?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Top Republicans court Jeb Bush for 2016 run Empty Re: Top Republicans court Jeb Bush for 2016 run

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:00 am

US dynasty is different. Certainly the family members have an edge and an advantage, but not handed power on a platter like it was done in teh case Indira, Rajiv, and Sonia. The members will have to go through the long drawn out process of primaries in every state.

Finally, every dynastic member of a US political establishment - right from Madison - has to come from the grassroots and held several positions before landing as the president.

How many government positions has YOUR Shezada Rahul held ?

He has held as many as I have held - Z E R O.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Top Republicans court Jeb Bush for 2016 run Empty Re: Top Republicans court Jeb Bush for 2016 run

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:03 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

US dynasty is different.  Certainly the family members have an edge and an advantage, but not handed power on a platter like it was done in teh case Indira, Rajiv, and Sonia. The members will have to go through the long drawn out process of primaries in every state.

Finally, every dynastic member of a US political establishment - right from Madison - has to come from the grassroots and held several positions before landing as the president.

Do you think Bushes & Romneys of the world would've become Governors on their own, me thinks NOWAY.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:07 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

US dynasty is different.  Certainly the family members have an edge and an advantage, but not handed power on a platter like it was done in teh case Indira, Rajiv, and Sonia. The members will have to go through the long drawn out process of primaries in every state.

Do you think Bushes & Romneys of the world would've become Governors on their own, me thinks NOWAY.

Of course not. But he became Governor twice and then earned his RIGHT to presidency. Sure he had many tools that others dont have, but no one gave him the Throne and put him there.

I asked you about Shehzada. If you still dont know the difference, then I cannot help it.

BTW, I would love to see Jeb Bush - the one sensible and smart Bush. I preferred Bush Sr to Reagan - the idiot of the highest order.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:18 am

Uppili is right.  While family name is very useful (Kennedy, bush, clinton etc. ) helps. Both in name recognition with people and money collection with rich. However the process is still very difficult for a weak character to get through the process. The least suitable president to be elected is Gw. But he was packaged well by Karl Rove and faced another packaged candidate in Gore after nation's disgust with clinton. 

Getting elected to Indian PM ship is easier than running that country.  Rajiv who was little more worldly wise than his son found himself completely outfoxed by loyal congressmen.  Rahul's lack of smarts and abrasive style will isolate him very quickly.  It is better he loses couple more elections and gets to learn from the hard knocks of life before coming to power.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:23 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

Of course not.  But he became Governor twice and then earned his RIGHT to presidency. Sure he had many tools that others dont have, but no one gave him the Throne and put him there.  

I asked you about Shehzada. If you still dont know the difference, then I cannot help it.

BTW, I would love to see Jeb Bush - the one sensible and smart Bush. I preferred Bush Sr to Reagan - the idiot of the highest order.
Last I checked Rahul Gandhi has been in politics & been a member of parliament for a decade; isn't that comparable to what Dubya has done prior to becoming Presidential candidate?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:28 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Of course not.  But he became Governor twice and then earned his RIGHT to presidency. Sure he had many tools that others dont have, but no one gave him the Throne and put him there.  

Last I checked Rahul Gandhi has been in politics & been a member of parliament for a decade; isn't that comparable to what Dubya has done prior to becoming Presidential candidate?

Being an MP is same as running Texas for 2 terms ???

Really ? ok..if you say so...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:35 am

CD,

Check how many days he attended the parliament.  GW has shown far more intelligence and ability in 2000 than Rahul is exhibiting today.  GW was far more convincing in his debates than Rahul in his controlled interviews on TV.  Rahul needs another ten years and two more defeats to learn from life.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:40 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

Really ?  ok..if you say so...
Well, he did help a few CMs get elected with his campaigning efforts..

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:46 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Really ?  ok..if you say so...
Well, he did help a few CMs get elected with his campaigning efforts..
Like who?  YSR in 2009?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:51 am

truthbetold wrote:CD,

Check how many days he attended the parliament.  GW has shown far more intelligence and ability in 2000 than Rahul is exhibiting today.  GW was far more convincing in his debates than Rahul in his controlled interviews on TV.  Rahul needs another ten years and two more defeats to learn from life.

TBT, We are not discussing one's perceived intelligence. I do agree with you that serving in opposition for a term or two will immensely help Rahul Gandhi, if he can hold the fort. However, my point is, if Congress wins in upcoming elections and decides to make Rahul PM then it isn't much different than Dubya's ascendance to Presidency.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:08 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:CD,

TBT, We are not discussing one's perceived intelligence. I do agree with you that serving in opposition for a term or two will immensely help Rahul Gandhi, if he can hold the fort. However, my point is, if Congress wins in upcoming elections and decides to make Rahul PM then it isn't much different than Dubya's ascendance to Presidency.

If you think Dubya came purely on family connection, then Ted Kennedy - who came from a more famous family - failed to win even a nomination.

Imagine Rahul Gandhi being turned down after he states his intention to become the PM or worse imagine anyone who dared to stand against him after he makes an announcement. No one ever stood against a Nehru-Gandhi family member once a clan member "indicated" the wish - indirectly (IF PEOPLE WANT ME TO SERVE....Razz)

Wait...why am I explaining this to you. You know all this and just refusing to see the obvious and comparing Dubya and Rahul with closed eyes.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:18 am

Cd
Common factors between gw and rahul are their famous last names and their inadequencies to hold the highest office in their respective countries.
Uppili already explained Ted Kennedy case. So let us leave it at that.

Rahul is much more dumber than gw and is totally ill prepared to be pm at this time.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:43 am

truthbetold wrote:Cd
Common factors between gw and rahul are their famous last names and their inadequencies to hold the highest office in their respective countries.
Uppili already explained Ted Kennedy case. So let us leave it at that.

Rahul is much more dumber than gw and is totally ill prepared to be pm at this time.

For one Ted Kennedy's example there are two Krishnas (Hari & Bala) in India but that doesn't mean Bushes, Romneys, Patnaiks & Yadavs aren't the beneficiaries of dynastic tendencies of people of their respective countries.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:58 am

Why blame Gandhi family alone?
Top Republicans court Jeb Bush for 2016 run Dynasty-raj_072013120822

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/dynasty-politics-in-india-sons-of-politicians-enter-politics/1/292128.html

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:12 am

confuzzled dude wrote:Why blame Gandhi family alone?

Simple... They want to control the top post all the time and that behavior has spread to states.

Yet another reason why Gandhi-Nehru family (Italian Congress) must be defeated so this poisonous trend will be reversed from the center down to the states.

Your attitude reflects the typical mindset in India: 'Whats wrong...everyone else does it," "We have always done...so what is the big deal" or should I say the CONGRESS mindset?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:51 am

i am no fan of rahul gandhi, but his IQ is comparable probably to dubya's.

eta: i see now that the connection has occurred to others up thread as well, but i really do think dubya is dumb as a door knob, same as rahul gandhi.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:28 am

Even though it is futile to rate them on a scale, I will put rahul between gw and that other symbol of dynasty north Korean leader.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:44 am

Top Republicans court Jeb Bush for 2016 run Dynasty-raj_072013120822

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/dynasty-politics-in-india-sons-of-politicians-enter-politics/1/292128.html
cd
You will notice that mulayam does not criticize rahul for dynastic reasons. He questions rahul's ability.
but bjp and left parties continue to criticize rahul for being dynastic relic and are widely accepted by media and intellectual class.
As uppili pointed out previously just because other people do it it is not right. Those other people may have to keep quiet but rest of the society will continue to criticize. Dynasty question becomes more pronounced that rahul continues to show incompetence of extreme levels.
The good news for rahul is if he can keep hold of slavish Congress leaders, Indians will turn on next ruling party in few years, if not earlier. He can then ride an anti wave that covers all sins and blemishes.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:15 pm

Simple... They want to control the top post all the time and that behavior has spread to states.

Yet another reason why Gandhi-Nehru family (Italian Congress) must be defeated so this poisonous trend will be reversed from the center down to the states.

Your attitude reflects the typical mindset in India: 'Whats wrong...everyone else does it," "We have always done...so what is the big deal" or should I say the CONGRESS mindset?
Nope, my point is exactly the opposite. Stop concentrating on just one family; open your eyes and see how rampant this ruling class system is in democratic India. Either you accept the fact that citizens of India have no qualms electing generational political families as their leaders (perhaps they trust them more than others) or be vocal & criticize every single dynastic political outfit, just don't pick and choose.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down