Sania Mirza's reply for "non local" criticism Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sania Mirza's reply for "non local" criticism

+4
Vakavaka Pakapaka
MaxEntropy_Man
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
indophile
8 posters

Go down

Sania Mirza's reply for "non local" criticism Empty Sania Mirza's reply for "non local" criticism

Post by indophile Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:05 am

Yes, her family has been Hyderabadi for more than a century.

http://www.kevkeka.com/viewnews-7192-sania-mirza-strong-reply-to-BJP.html

indophile

Back to top Go down

Sania Mirza's reply for "non local" criticism Empty Re: Sania Mirza's reply for "non local" criticism

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:47 am

indophile wrote:Yes, her family has been Hyderabadi for more than a century.

http://www.kevkeka.com/viewnews-7192-sania-mirza-strong-reply-to-BJP.html

Per Hindu tradition and Islamic tradition upon marriage a woman belongs to the husband's family.

So she is a Pakistani - irrespective what her passport says.

Is she a muslim or a hindu - she can take her pick.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Sania Mirza's reply for "non local" criticism Empty Re: Sania Mirza's reply for "non local" criticism

Post by indophile Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:54 am

Would it apply to "illarikam alludu?" I don't think there is an English equivalent for that word. There may be a Tamil word, but I don't know the exact word. When translated from Telugu it goes something like - "veettu maapillai" (a son-in-law who lives in his wife's parents' home).

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:57 am

indophile wrote:Would it apply to "illarikam alludu?" I don't think there is an English equivalent for that word. There may be a Tamil word, but I don't know the exact word. When translated from Telugu it goes something like - "veettu maapillai" (a son-in-law who lives in his wife's parents' home).

veetu mapillai is a common usage. by the way illam is also a tamil word (literary) for house. i find that many tamil words that are still prevalent today but are considered poetic or literary are still colloquially used in telugu.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:08 am

In Telugu illu = home/house; arikam = being; alludu = SIL. illarikam alludu = SIL being (living) in the house.
This arikam appendage is used in other contexts too. Examples are peddarikam = being elderly (in terms of power); raacharikam = being royal; chuttarikam = being a relative (having a relationship), etc.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:12 am

indophile wrote:In Telugu illu = home/house; arikam = being; alludu = SIL. illarikam alludu = SIL being (living) in the house.
This arikam appendage is used in other contexts too. Examples are peddarikam = being elderly (in terms of power); raacharikam = being royal; chuttarikam = being a relative (having a relationship), etc.

in tamil a compound word for "being in the house, or staying in the house" can be constructed as follows + illam (house) + irukkum (contained or being inside). the sandhi rules would make this illaththirukkum which sounds close to illaarikam. just speculating.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:16 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
indophile wrote:Would it apply to "illarikam alludu?" I don't think there is an English equivalent for that word. There may be a Tamil word, but I don't know the exact word. When translated from Telugu it goes something like - "veettu maapillai" (a son-in-law who lives in his wife's parents' home).

veetu mapillai is a common usage. by the way illam is also a tamil word (literary) for house. i find that many tamil words that are still prevalent today but are considered poetic or literary are still colloquially used in telugu.

What you said is right.

If you listen to malayalam VERY CAREFULLY, practically 80% of the vocabulary can be termed poetic or literary in Tamil.

Anyone who is reasonably good in REAL, written Tamil can easily understand Malayalam. Same applies to Telugu but to a lesser degree.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:33 pm

Indo:

What makes you think that Sania's husband isn't involved in illarikam?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3mTkKaOyKQ

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:47 pm

It is interesting to watch the liberal media getting twisted in knots.
Sonia is Indian because she married an Indian.
But Sania is not pakistani eventhough she married a pakistani.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:49 pm

b_A wrote:It is interesting to watch the liberal media getting twisted in knots.

has sania made pakistan her domicile? does she have a pakistani passport?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:50 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Indo:

Don't they live in Dubai?

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:55 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
b_A wrote:It is interesting to watch the liberal media getting twisted in knots.

They are just technical issues. If an american marries an alien (IRS speak) , doesn't the spouse become american ( after some process ) ?

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:58 pm

b_A wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

They are just technical issues. If an american marries an alien (IRS speak) , doesn't the spouse become american ( after some process ) ?

i have a maharashtrian friend who married an american (after getting his green card). he has not become an american citizen. he has said he will remain an indian citizen forever because that's what he feels inside. it's not just technical with him. in this day and age, who people marry can be independent of the citizenship they maintain for reasons of convenience and for reasons of emotional ties.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:16 pm

The important point is her residence is in dubai. what kind of brand message is that!

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:31 pm

truthbetold wrote:The important point is her residence is in dubai. what kind of brand message is that!

that doesn't however, make her a pakistani.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:08 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
b_A wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i have a maharashtrian friend who married an american (after getting his green card). he has not become an american citizen. he has said he will remain an indian citizen forever because that's what he feels inside. it's not just technical with him. in this day and age, who people marry can be independent of the citizenship they maintain for reasons of convenience and for reasons of emotional ties.

Yes..But, Musalmans live in the days of 580 AD, and by their Holey Book. As a true hindu and a democrat (and a Libby), people should respect them the way they want to be respected.

So to a large degree by iSlamic Decree - she is a Pakistani.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:19 pm

indophile wrote:

Yeah, but the guy was first interested in a different, wealthy (but ugly) girl from Banjara Hills. When he patao-ed Sania, he dumped the first one and got into a lot of trouble. He comes from a very "humble" background and being married to a rich girl in Hyderabad seems to be important for him.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:59 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
indophile wrote:

Yeah, but the guy was first interested in a different, wealthy (but ugly) girl from Banjara Hills. When he patao-ed Sania, he dumped the first one and got into a lot of trouble. He comes from a very "humble" background and being married to a rich girl in Hyderabad seems to be important for him.
Why did she marry this "humble" man? Maybe he is gay and this is a marriage of convenience for both?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:09 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
truthbetold wrote:The important point is her residence is in dubai. what kind of brand message is that!

what an irrelevant response? did i say anything about pakistan? get your meds.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:14 pm

It is common for tennis players to reside outside of their country for purposes of training, conditioning, etc. Roger Federer resides in Dubai but no one considers him to be an Emirati, he is still Swiss. Djokovic lives in Monte Carlo I think. So same leniency can be extended to Mirza also. Just because she lives outside the country, that doesn't make her a foreigner.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:48 pm

truthbetold wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i was responding to this post and may have mistakenly replied to yours. a rather innocuous mistake compared to your usual incomprehensiblia.

https://such.forumotion.com/t25254-sania-mirza-s-reply-for-non-local-criticism#166529
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:57 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i was responding to this post and may have mistakenly replied to yours. a rather innocuous mistake compared to your usual incomprehensiblia.

https://such.forumotion.com/t25254-sania-mirza-s-reply-for-non-local-criticism#166529
Yes, Max. You cannot admit your mistake and shut the fuck up.  You have to have the last word even after fouling up. That is why you logic is so fucked up.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:00 pm

truthbetold wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Yes, Max. You cannot admit your mistake and shut the fuck up.  You have to have the last word even after fouling up. That is why you logic is so fucked up.

i have no problems admitting honest errors. why are you so angry?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:42 am

nevada wrote:

It is common for tennis players to reside outside of their country for purposes of training, conditioning, etc. Roger Federer resides in Dubai but no one considers him to be an Emirati, he is still Swiss. Djokovic lives in Monte Carlo I think. So same leniency can be extended to Mirza also. Just because she lives outside the country, that doesn't make her a foreigner.

Of course! Many of the top tennis players train and live all over the world. No one seems to be rushing to disown them. 

It is obvious why Sania is being treated this way, with such disrespect..and it is too bad. 

One can certainly criticize her tennis playing skills-abilities (she is not in the league of the great ones, by any stretch, at this time), "glorification" of any sports player and any Govt. paying large sums of money (which I think is not necessary)..and even her marrying a Pakistani man.

Which Century do we live in? A daughter is always a daughter..she does not become the property of a husband or the country he is from- unless she legally declares that she has given up her citizenship.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:03 am

*I was not sure, what a "brand Ambassador" meant and why any State or Country really needs any person to be branded for marketing purposes! The job description of the Chief Minister or Prime Minister/President should include being the Brand Ambassador..that makes sense. 

Was curious about the "brand Ambassador" for the Govt of Tamil Nadu..could not find any info..all I saw was a few celebrities as brand ambassdors for private sweet shops..sea food club (?)..clothing companies etc.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:13 am

It appears her only fault so far (other than losing tennis matches at events that matter) has been refusing to hold the Indian flag at Olympics or Commonwealth games. Not that anybody cares except if she starts with full patriotic breath, "I am an Indian, I will be an Indian till I take my last breath" etc.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:26 am

indophile wrote:It appears her only fault so far (other than losing tennis matches at events that matter) has been refusing to hold the Indian flag at Olympics or Commonwealth games. Not that anybody cares except if she starts with full patriotic breath, "I am an Indian, I will be an Indian till I take my last breath" etc.

If true, she is a hypocrite!  But, hypocrisy is not illegal.

Again, wonder why any state needs a special brand Ambassdor..and if I may, she does not seem like the best choice for that!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:31 am

indophile wrote:It appears her only fault so far (other than losing tennis matches at events that matter) has been refusing to hold the Indian flag at Olympics or Commonwealth games. Not that anybody cares except if she starts with full patriotic breath, "I am an Indian, I will be an Indian till I take my last breath" etc.

why did she refuse?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:36 am

Maria S wrote:*I was not sure, what a "brand Ambassador" meant and why any State or Country really needs any person to be branded for marketing purposes! The job description of the Chief Minister or Prime Minister/President should include being the Brand Ambassador..that makes sense. 

Was curious about the "brand Ambassador" for the Govt of Tamil Nadu..could not find any info..all I saw was a few celebrities as brand ambassdors for private sweet shops..sea food club (?)..clothing companies etc.

TN has a "Brand Ambassador" Promoting TN and its interests everywhere:

Jayalalithaa.

Since KCR is UGLY and drunk most of the time, they have appointed Sania Mirza

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:40 am

70% people think it is a bad choice.

http://www.rediff.com/news/live-commentary-poll-results.html

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:45 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

why did she refuse?
I have no idea, especially someone who speaks so emotionally now, almost like in a Manoj Kumar movie (mere desh ki dharti or mitti......).

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:50 am

Maria S wrote:*I was not sure, what a "brand Ambassador" meant and why any State or Country really needs any person to be branded for marketing purposes! The job description of the Chief Minister or Prime Minister/President should include being the Brand Ambassador..that makes sense. 

It's something that the new CM of Telangana came up with to make friends with the muslim community is Hyderabad. He is strong in most of Telangana except in its capital city, Hyderabad. That is because muslims there have their political leaders and a political party to support, and the coastal population there would not support him.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:52 am

Maria S wrote:

If true, she is a hypocrite!  But, hypocrisy is not illegal.

Again, wonder why any state needs a special brand Ambassdor..and if I may, she does not seem like the best choice for that!
Of yes, it's true. Just google for "sania mirza refuses to hold indian flag."

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down