Puberty ceremony Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Puberty ceremony

+2
confuzzled dude
Bittu
6 posters

Go down

Puberty ceremony Empty Puberty ceremony

Post by Bittu Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:20 am

So odd to commemorate puberty in a region that is so hush-hush about all things sexual. Never seen this in the North. I suspect this event is arranged to serve as a green flag for the girl's uncles..."hike up your lungis and advance; she is ripe and reddy for plucking".

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Puberty ceremony Empty Re: Puberty ceremony

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:41 am

Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:50 am

Kinnera wrote:Twisted Evil
How different is the latest fad vONila function from this ma'm?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:01 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
I don't know. I never had any of those ceremonies done to me nor do i have any daughters who i may do such ceremonies for. Puberty was a hush hush affair in my family and it still is. None of my nieces or any girls in my family had that even in the current times. My SIL's daughter had the puberty function done. She was just 10 and i felt bad for her.

Vonila function and panchala functions are becoming big in US. It's similar to the 16th birthday bash among the americans, i guess. It's not that embarrassing as it doesn't signify the coming of age or anything. It's just done when the girl turns 12. A friends says that it's done as a show-off. I don't know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:10 am

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
I don't know. I never had any of those ceremonies done to me nor do i have any daughters who i may do such ceremonies for. Puberty was a hush hush affair in my family and it still is. None of my nieces or any girls in my family had that even in the current times. My SIL's daughter had the puberty function done. She was just 10 and i felt bad for her.

Vonila function and panchala functions are becoming big in US. It's similar to the 16th birthday bash among the americans, i guess. It's not that embarrassing as it doesn't signify the coming of age or anything. It's just done when the girl turns 12. A friends says that it's done as a show-off. I don't know.

>>>>They do a 15th birthday for girls in the  Hispanic community which is a big deal. There is a similar deal in the upper crust crowd too, when they have a ball for a girl formally announced as a member of the social registry set or used to be. I guess the purpose of these must pretty much be the same.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:13 am

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

I was not questioning progressiveness of your immediate family I was merely pointing out that it is one of the popular customs practiced (modern version of peddamanishiayindi) in A.P /among Telugus these days. Going to OP, if NIs do not follow this particular HINDU custom, that may be due to the fear of loveJihad; it has got nothing to do with the progressive nature of NI HINDUs.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:17 am

Generally speaking it is a part of the initiation (coming of age, etc.). There are many types of rituals regarding this, and some of them quite weird too (at least in the eyes of the outsiders).
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:20 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

I was not questioning the progressiveness of your immediate family I was merely pointing out to that it is one of the popular customs (modern version of peddamanishiandi) in A.P /Telugus these days. Going to OP, if NIs do not follow this HINDU custom, that may be due to the fear of loveJihad; it has got nothing to do with the progressive nature of NI HINDUs.
It wasn't progressiveness or anything. It probably had to do a lot with economics. Rayalaseema peeps, with their arid lands and dependence on the rainfall for agriculture were never as well off as the telugus in the fertile delta region of the andhra. Such customs are in vogue in the andhra region, not in the rayalaseema region. We don't have the peddamanishi or vonila or panchala or seemantha or uyyala or namakarana or any such functions. Life is plain and unceremonious.

Take your hindu bashing and sarcasm elsewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:22 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

I was not questioning progressiveness of your immediate family I was merely pointing out that it is one of the popular customs practiced (modern version of peddamanishiayindi) in A.P /among Telugus these days. Going to OP, if NIs do not follow this particular HINDU custom, that may be due to the fear of loveJihad; it has got nothing to do with the progressive nature of NI HINDUs.

In some tribes / cultures / religions, this  (coming of age for girls) is manifested simply as the girls / women not being allowed outside the house without head-covering or face-covering, while the younger girls can roam outside without any veil or head-cover.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:24 am

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

I was not questioning the progressiveness of your immediate family I was merely pointing out to that it is one of the popular customs (modern version of peddamanishiandi) in A.P /Telugus these days. Going to OP, if NIs do not follow this HINDU custom, that may be due to the fear of loveJihad; it has got nothing to do with the progressive nature of NI HINDUs.
It wasn't progressiveness or anything. It probably had to do a lot with economics. Rayalaseema peeps, with their arid lands and dependence on the rainfall for agriculture were never as well off as the telugus in the fertile delta region of the andhra. Such customs are in vogue in the andhra region, not in the rayalaseema region. We don't have the peddamanishi or vonila or panchala or seemantha or uyyala or namakarana or any such functions. Life is plain and unceremonious.

What bashing? Are you suggesting Kosta Andhras are impure HINDUs? and are inferior to NI Hindus & others that don't practice this custom. And don't go overboard with ECONOMY angle, I know in North Karnataka, Telangana or Andhra, even the poorest of the poor (that work as daily labor) do follow this custom.

Last edited by confuzzled dude on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:27 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

>>>This may in fact have been one of the reasons for the child marriage custom.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:28 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

What bashing? Are you suggesting Kosta Andhras are impure HINDUs? and are inferior to NI Hindus & others that don't practice this custom.
Explain to me why you think so, pls.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:38 am

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

What bashing? Are you suggesting Kosta Andhras are impure HINDUs? and are inferior to NI Hindus & others that don't practice this custom.
Kinnera: Such customs are in vogue in the andhra region, not in the rayalaseema region
Translated using the hint provided in the very first post nodding to the OP's view: We're better than them.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:46 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Kinnera: Such customs are in vogue in the andhra region, not in the rayalaseema region
Translated using the hint provided in the very post: We're better than them.
You got reading comprehension problems? Read what I wrote again. If you don't get it, let me know. I'll try to exxplain in detail until you get it. You are the one using 'progressive, impure, inferior', and trying to put words into my mouth in an attempt to... you know what.

Here, read again:

"It wasn't progressiveness or anything. It probably had to do a lot with economics. Rayalaseema peeps, with their arid lands and dependence on the rainfall for agriculture were never as well off as the telugus in the fertile delta region of the andhra. Such customs are in vogue in the andhra region, not in the rayalaseema region. We don't have the peddamanishi or vonila or panchala or seemantha or uyyala or namakarana or any such functions. Life is plain and unceremonious."

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:50 am

Kinnera wrote:
You got reading comprehension problems? Read what I wrote again. If you don't get it, let me know. I'll try to exxplain in detail until you get it. You are the one using 'progressive, impure, inferior', and trying to put words into my mouth in an attempt to... you know what.

Here, read again:

"It wasn't progressiveness or anything. It probably had to do a lot with economics. Rayalaseema peeps, with their arid lands and dependence on the rainfall for agriculture were never as well off as the telugus in the fertile delta region of the andhra. Such customs are in vogue in the andhra region, not in the rayalaseema region. We don't have the peddamanishi or vonila or panchala or seemantha or uyyala or namakarana or any such functions. Life is plain and unceremonious."

And this is what I said

What bashing? Are you suggesting Kosta Andhras are impure HINDUs? and are inferior to NI Hindus & others that don't practice this custom. And don't go overboard with ECONOMY angle, I know in North Karnataka, Telangana or Andhra, even the poorest of the poor (that work as daily labor) do follow this custom.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:53 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

CD: you are right...not "love Jihad" but more like "rape Jihad" over the last 1000 years...Razz

Seriously, one can come up with many theories for this tradition. In our community, the baby's ear piercing is such a big event, it is called "Kaadhu Kuthu Kalyanam" that is Ear piercing marriage. with the 1 yr old girl sitting on the laps of her uncle.

Then the marriage like ceremony of puberty. If you come to think of it, most had Child marriage in those days at 3 to 5 yrs (thanks to Rape Jihad), and the little girl went back to her parents house until Puberty. There comes the spanner. The Puberty function is sort of "real Marriage" announcing to everyone that the girl has attained puberty and ready to join her husband. Hence the elaborate function performed by many castes. With changing times, this function has been dropped/downgraded - for ex, Tamilian Brahmins keep it all hush-hush, again for reasons of fear of the girl becoming a target by the love jihadis and Trophy competitors. This practice is also being slowly downgraded among Goundars as most girls are now educated and abhor such archaic rituals.

With the love Jihad practiced these days perhaps, child marriage and big Puberty functions should be brought back.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:56 am

Kris wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

>>>This may in fact have been one of the reasons for the child marriage custom.
or may be to pay tribute to Ayesha Smile  Damn! Am' I turning into a chaddi as chaddis are turning sikular.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:57 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Here, read again:

And this is what I said

Aha! So you edited and added the last portion later. It wasn't there initially when i responded to your post. Nice try!

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:01 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:Generally speaking it is a part of the initiation (coming of age, etc.). There are many types of rituals regarding this, and some of them quite weird too (at least in the eyes of the outsiders).
Is/Was this practiced in the North, Sevaji?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:02 am

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Here, read again:

And this is what I said

Aha! So you edited and added the last portion later. It wasn't there initially when i responded to your post. Nice try!
I realized that and posted it here (again), what nice try?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:05 am

Looks like this broad hit puberty at 40: https://imgur.com/ifEbqcX

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:06 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:Generally speaking it is a part of the initiation (coming of age, etc.). There are many types of rituals regarding this, and some of them quite weird too (at least in the eyes of the outsiders).
You could be right. It probably wasn't practiced in the north in order to protect their girls from the muslim invading bastards.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:08 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Here, read again:

And this is what I said

I realized that and posted it here (again), what nice try?.
What? posted it here again what? i was responding to your post in which you added this last portion and were posing as if it was your initial post, not your edited and added-on post. Have some integrity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:09 am

Bittu wrote:Looks like this broad hit puberty at 40: https://imgur.com/ifEbqc

You are having a lot of fun, aren't you? Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:13 am

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
You could be right. It probably wasn't practiced in the north in order to protect their girls from the muslim invading bastards.
Nice try Razz Is this the same technique you had used on Idefix when you cursed (sApanArdhAlu) him even though he wasn't supporting state bifurcation.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:16 am

Kinnera wrote:

You are having a lot of fun, aren't you? :twisted:

I bet this aunty is going to have a lot more fun, having finally hit puberty. Like a 40-yr-old dam getting its sluice gates opened for the very first time...

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:16 am

Kinnera wrote:

You are having a lot of fun, aren't you? Twisted Evil
You mean he had graduated from searching for terms like "puberty", "underage sex"

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:22 am

Bittu wrote:Looks like this broad hit puberty at 40: https://imgur.com/ifEbqcX

highly undereducated family. everyone is just a BCom, BSc, BBA or BE.

Last edited by Beatrix Kiddo on Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:22 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

CD: you are right...not "love Jihad" but more like "rape Jihad" over the last 1000 years...Razz

Seriously, one can come up with many theories for this tradition. In our community, the baby's ear piercing is such a big event, it is called "Kaadhu Kuthu Kalyanam"  that is Ear piercing marriage. with the 1 yr old girl sitting on the laps of her uncle.

Then the marriage like ceremony of puberty. If you come to think of it, most had Child marriage in those days at 3 to 5 yrs (thanks to Rape Jihad), and the little girl went back to her parents house until Puberty. There comes the spanner. The Puberty function is sort of "real Marriage" announcing to everyone that the girl has attained puberty and ready to join her husband. Hence the elaborate function performed by many castes. With changing times, this function has been dropped/downgraded  - for ex, Tamilian Brahmins keep it all hush-hush, again for reasons of fear of the girl becoming a target by the love jihadis and Trophy competitors.  This practice is also being slowly downgraded among Goundars as most girls are now educated and abhor such archaic rituals.

With the love Jihad practiced these days perhaps, child marriage and big Puberty functions should be brought back.  

I thought we were talking about prohibition of a Hindu custom in North India and you're explaining a fellow SI about SI customs. Your masters in Nagpur may not take it (SI bias) very kindly Razz

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:24 am

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Here, read again:

And this is what I said

I realized that and posted it here (again), what nice try?.
What? posted it here again what? i was responding to your post in which you added this last portion and were posing as if it was your initial post, not your edited and added-on post. Have some integrity.

Whatever.. like that saying goes beggers cant be choosers

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:26 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Nice try Razz Is this the same technique you had used on Idefix when you cursed (sApanArdhAlu) him even though he wasn't supporting state bifurcation.

Oh really? Nice try again!

PS: Looks like what i said hit you where it hurts the most. You are finally exposed, CD. You were masquerading as a hindu and a liberal. You are niether of those.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:45 am

Cd
vonila ceremony is not new or invented in usa. I have first hand knowledge of that custom. it is probably preferred because it is age related custom.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:45 am

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

PS: Looks like what i said hit you where it hurts the most. You are finally exposed, CD. You were masquerading as a hindu and a liberal. You are niether of those.
Great work Bobby Jasoos, should I mail a dollar

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:11 pm

truthbetold wrote:Cd
vonila ceremony is not new or invented in usa. I have first hand knowledge of that custom. it is probably preferred because it is age related custom.
It may not have been a new custom but certainly has become popular lately. Is panchala function upanayanam of sudras?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:27 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

it doesn't require a bobby jasoos to figure it out. You can fool some ppl for a long time or many ppl for a short time, but you can't fool all the ppl all the time. Anyway, go ahead and mail the dollar, devuni bidda garu.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:07 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Cd
It may not have been a new custom but certainly has become popular lately. Is panchala function upanayanam of sudras?

Panchala tn is also a common rn. Most brahmins perform that around 13 or 16. Rest of the castes perform that just before marriage. Well resourced people may choose these as excuses for throwing a party.

India of today is a more resourceful society than the one I left.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:16 pm

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

it doesn't require a bobby jasoos to figure it out. You can fool some ppl for a long time or many ppl for a short time, but you can't fool all the ppl all the time. Anyway, go ahead and mail the dollar, devuni bidda garu.
Which is it? Muslim or Christian? make up your mind first. If anything, you've, yet again, proved my point that Hindus are no better than others when it comes to tolerance, just like those Jihadist muslims who don't consider people of other islam variations as muslims,you've been consistently, refusing to accept the fact that I'm a fellow Hindu. May be I should start calling you as Ms. Jihadini.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:23 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Which is it? Muslim or Christian? make up your mind first. If anything, you've, yet again, proved my point that Hindus are no better than others when it comes to tolerance, just like those Jihadist muslims who don't consider people of other islam variations as muslims,you've been consistently, refusing to accept the fact that I'm a fellow Hindu. May be I should start calling you as Ms. Jihadini.
'Devini biddalu' ani evarinantaro cheppala?  entha deny chesina fact is a fact. Where is the question of tolerance or intolerance here.
You can call me whatever you want to.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:34 pm

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

'Devini biddalu' ani evarinantaro cheppala?  entha deny chesina fact is a fact. Where is the question of tolerance or intolerance here.
You can call me whatever you want to.
I know who are called Devuni biddalu. What I meant was you called me both Muslim and Christian in the same thread. Yes you're not tolerant at all, you've started nodding to your buddy who started this thread just to poopoo a custom that he thought is Tamilian and you jumped on it because you neither like nor tolerate Max's Tamil pride.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:41 pm

Cd
" which is it? Muslim or Christian? make up your mind first. If anything, you've, yet again, proved my point that Hindus are no better than others when it comes to tolerance, just like those Jihadist muslims who don't consider people of other islam variations as muslims,you've been consistently, refusing to accept the fact that I'm a fellow Hindu. May be I should start calling you as Ms. Jihadini.[/quote]"

At the drop of hat you called servant of nagpur masters and many other names. By your logic does that prove "so called" secular posters are worse than rss or Hindu or jihadi groups out there?

Daruwala starts every post with Upps aunty, rss chaddis etc. I do not remember you ever protesting that.

So what is it? You and daruwala have preffered rights like alibaba owners and you can stereotype people but rest of us cannot label you just because it hurts your sensibilities?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:52 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:I know who are called Devuni biddalu. What I meant was you called me both Muslim and Christian in the same thread. Yes you're not tolerant at all, you've started nodding to your buddy who started this thread just to poopoo a custom that he thought is Tamilian and you jumped on it because you neither like nor tolerate Max's Tamil pride.
What? LOL! You have no clue what you're talking about.

PS: I didn't get to watch the video till now. Did it just now. Mind boggling@the extravaganza! Totally craycray! btw CD, my nodding was to show my annoyance (grrr!!) to what he wrote.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:53 pm

truthbetold wrote: Cd
" which is it? Muslim or Christian? make up your mind first. If anything, you've, yet again, proved my point that Hindus are no better than others when it comes to tolerance, just like those Jihadist muslims who don't consider people of other islam variations as muslims,you've been consistently, refusing to accept the fact that I'm a fellow Hindu. May be I should start calling you as Ms. Jihadini."

At the drop of hat you called servant of nagpur masters and many other names. By your logic does that prove "so called" secular posters are worse than rss or Hindu or jihadi groups out there?

Daruwala starts every post with Upps aunty,  rss chaddis etc. I do not remember you ever protesting that.

So what is it? You and daruwala have preffered rights like alibaba owners and you can stereotype people but rest of us cannot label you just because it hurts your sensibilities?

No it didn't hurt my sensibilities rather helped dispel the nonsense spouted here routinely that Hinduism is most tolerant. It is as bad as other religions.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:56 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
" which is it? Muslim or Christian? make up your mind first. If anything, you've, yet again, proved my point that Hindus are no better than others when it comes to tolerance, just like those Jihadist muslims who don't consider people of other islam variations as muslims,you've been consistently, refusing to accept the fact that I'm a fellow Hindu. May be I should start calling you as Ms. Jihadini."

Daruwala starts every post with Upps aunty,  rss chaddis etc. I do not remember you ever protesting that.

No it didn't hurt my sensibilities rather helped dispel the nonsense spouted here routinely that Hinduism is most tolerant. No, it is as bad as other religions.
Ya, talk nonsense about hindus, hindu customs, religion and all, but ppl have to just tolerate it all and shut their mouths. Right?

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:58 pm

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

No it didn't hurt my sensibilities rather helped dispel the nonsense spouted here routinely that Hinduism is most tolerant. No, it is as bad as other religions.
Ya, talk nonsense about hindus, hindu customs, religion and all, but ppl have to just tolerate it all and shut their mouths. Right?
Is it any different than you expert commentary on Islam or Christianity?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:09 pm

Cd
Once again you make meaningless assertions. What has the behavior two or three people on a discussion forum have to do with proving or disproving facts based on centuries of hard evidence.
Neither Kinnera represents Hinduism nor you can claim to represent secular thinking.
I do not care if you want to call Hindus intolerant. I have no problem if you can find buyers for your crap.
Other people will challenge you on your evidence and proof.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:16 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

If hindus start behaving like the muslim jihadists and if they start converting ppl of other religions by hook or crook like some Christians do, then yes sir, I am going to resist that too.

But if the other provokes without a reason and unfairly, then i am all for self-defense and resistance. Till now, hindus have  never been considered to be a threat to world peace and India remained a pluralistic country because it is a hindu majority nation. that needs to be appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:39 pm

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

If hindus start behaving like the muslim jihadists and if they start converting ppl of other religions by hook or crook like some Christians do, then yes sir, I am going to resist that too.

But if the other provokes without a reason and unfairly, then i am all for self-defense and resistance. Till now, hindus have  never been considered to be a threat to world peace and India remained a pluralistic country because it is a hindu majority nation. that needs to be appreciated.
And also, if Hindus start saying that their religion is the one and only true religion and their gods are the true gods and their scriptures are the only true words of god, and don't accept other religions as valid paths to reach the higher power, then i am going to resist that BIG time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down