Chaddi Disgrace: Senior Journalist Rajdeep Sardesai heckled, abused and pushed around in Madison Square Garden by frenzied Narendra Modi supporters - Page 4 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaddi Disgrace: Senior Journalist Rajdeep Sardesai heckled, abused and pushed around in Madison Square Garden by frenzied Narendra Modi supporters

+9
b_A
smArtha
Seva Lamberdar
southindian
Merlot Daruwala
SomeProfile
Propagandhi711
confuzzled dude
Vakavaka Pakapaka
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Chaddi Disgrace: Senior Journalist Rajdeep Sardesai heckled, abused and pushed around in Madison Square Garden by frenzied Narendra Modi supporters - Page 4 Empty Re: Chaddi Disgrace: Senior Journalist Rajdeep Sardesai heckled, abused and pushed around in Madison Square Garden by frenzied Narendra Modi supporters

Post by SomeProfile Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:26 pm

Don't read any other third-hand, fourth-hand unreliable articles. Just check James FontanellaKhan (@JFK_America), a writer with the Financial Times, told this story through a series of Tweets based on his first-hand experience being on the spot when this happened:

(1) …I've received many msg in the last 24hrs. I'm not a judge of what happened.

(2) what I can repeat is that a small group of people started shouting against the reporter. Things got heated. He claimed that

(3) he was kicked. I didn't see that. But he was certainly verbally attacked and their presence was intimidating. Then

(4) the reporter got confrontational. removed his jacket. there was an exchange of words. it was hard for me to capture everything

(5) i did hear him say asshole. then he walked away. one of the guys in the crowd shouted something. i couldn't hear what exactly

(6) the reporter turned back and put his hands around his neck. the scuffle btw the two started. quickly everything cooled.

(7) for context. reporter was called a traitor, the group acted like a mob. if i would have been him i would have felt threatened

(Chaddi Disgrace: Senior Journalist Rajdeep Sardesai heckled, abused and pushed around in Madison Square Garden by frenzied Narendra Modi supporters - Page 4 Icon_cool i think both sides were provoked each other. I hope this helps clarify things.

US columnist David B. Cohen (@DavidBCohen1) was less flattering while speaking about Rajdeep:

Straight from the #Hamas playbook: start a fight, use the media to mislead, play the victim

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Chaddi Disgrace: Senior Journalist Rajdeep Sardesai heckled, abused and pushed around in Madison Square Garden by frenzied Narendra Modi supporters - Page 4 Empty Re: Chaddi Disgrace: Senior Journalist Rajdeep Sardesai heckled, abused and pushed around in Madison Square Garden by frenzied Narendra Modi supporters

Post by Guest Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:40 pm

SomeProfile wrote:Don't read any other third-hand, fourth-hand unreliable articles. Just check James FontanellaKhan (@JFK_America), a writer with the Financial Times, told this story through a series of Tweets based on his first-hand experience being on the spot when this happened:

(1) …I've received many msg in the last 24hrs. I'm not a judge of what happened.

(2) what I can repeat is that a small group of people started shouting against the reporter. Things got heated. He claimed that

(3) he was kicked. I didn't see that. But he was certainly verbally attacked and their presence was intimidating. Then

(4) the reporter got confrontational. removed his jacket. there was an exchange of words. it was hard for me to capture everything

(5) i did hear him say asshole. then he walked away. one of the guys in the crowd shouted something. i couldn't hear what exactly

(6) the reporter turned back and put his hands around his neck. the scuffle btw the two started. quickly everything cooled.

(7) for context. reporter was called a traitor, the group acted like a mob. if i would have been him i would have felt threatened

(Chaddi Disgrace: Senior Journalist Rajdeep Sardesai heckled, abused and pushed around in Madison Square Garden by frenzied Narendra Modi supporters - Page 4 Icon_cool i think both sides were provoked each other. I hope this helps clarify things.

US columnist David B. Cohen (@DavidBCohen1) was less flattering while speaking about Rajdeep:

Straight from the #Hamas playbook: start a fight, use the media to mislead, play the victim

Firstly any western journalist will probably not be able to follow anything that was said in Hindi and the abuses being showered on rajdeep were partly in hindi. Secondly BJP leader and head and Convener of Foreign Cell, BJP apologized to Rajdeep on camera. Jolly even called the people heckling and abusing Rajdeep ( and who had also pushed and kicked Rajdeep according to an eye witness account) as "miscreants". It is sad that many posters on this forum are defending the actions of people who Vijay Jolly has slammed as "miscreants".

Btw, on twitter some Bhaktas are screaming that Jolly should be removed from his position for using the word "miscreants" for Rajdeep's attackers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:32 pm

I probably took more selfies on a single day than ever before with the crowd. Sadly, a small group of people began to heckle and abuse us. For a long while, I smiled and shrugged this off and even tried to strike up a conversation to ease the tension.

But after a while, the heckling reached a stage where we had to stop the broadcast as the crowd began to push and jostle. I was abused in terribly foul terms, my family was called names and I was kicked in the shins when my back was turned. The pushing and jostling continued even as I tried not to engage. I had gone to the event with hopes of goodwill instead the volley of name calling was unrelenting and shocking to me.My camera person and other witnesses would bear testimony to this.

A few moments later, I saw someone heckle me again and I lost my patience .I uttered an expletive and lunged at the person. It was an unfortunate response and one which I deeply regret. Whatever the provocation, there is no excuse for me to have got into a scuffle.

Over 26 years of journalism, I have endured a variety of situations but have always maintained my dignity and composure. No amount of provocation justifies a physical response.

I do, however, believe that surrounding, heckling and hurling vicious personalized abuse while a journalist is doing a professional job is also unacceptable. We journalists have a challenging job at the best of times and only ask to be allowed to perform our duties unhindered without intimidation.

The freedom of the press is an integral part of our democracy and should be respected  by all.

http://www.rajdeepsardesai.net/596212974/my-statement-madison-square-garden

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:35 pm

Rashmun wrote:I probably took more selfies on a single day than ever before with the crowd. Sadly, a small group of people began to heckle and abuse us. For a long while, I smiled and shrugged this off and even tried to strike up a conversation to ease the tension.

But after a while, the heckling reached a stage where we had to stop the broadcast as the crowd began to push and jostle. I was abused in terribly foul terms, my family was called names and I was kicked in the shins when my back was turned. The pushing and jostling continued even as I tried not to engage. I had gone to the event with hopes of goodwill instead the volley of name calling was unrelenting and shocking to me.My camera person and other witnesses would bear testimony to this.

A few moments later, I saw someone heckle me again and I lost my patience .I uttered an expletive and lunged at the person. It was an unfortunate response and one which I deeply regret. Whatever the provocation, there is no excuse for me to have got into a scuffle.

Over 26 years of journalism, I have endured a variety of situations but have always maintained my dignity and composure. No amount of provocation justifies a physical response.

I do, however, believe that surrounding, heckling and hurling vicious personalized abuse while a journalist is doing a professional job is also unacceptable. We journalists have a challenging job at the best of times and only ask to be allowed to perform our duties unhindered without intimidation.

The freedom of the press is an integral part of our democracy and should be respected  by all.

So the Chaddi cowards were the one who had become physical ( kicking Rajdeep on his shins when his back was turned). Shame on all the Chaddis who did this and shame on posters on this forum who seek to defend these barbarians. It was for good reason that BJP leader Vijay Jolly, who was present on the occasion, called Rajdeep's hecklers and attackers "miscreants".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:45 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:I probably took more selfies on a single day than ever before with the crowd. Sadly, a small group of people began to heckle and abuse us. For a long while, I smiled and shrugged this off and even tried to strike up a conversation to ease the tension.

So the Chaddi cowards were the one who had become physical ( kicking Rajdeep on his shins when his back was turned) first. Shame on all the Chaddis who did this and shame on posters on this forum who seek to defend these barbarians. It was for good reason that BJP leader Vijay Jolly, who was present on the occasion, called Rajdeep's hecklers and attackers "miscreants".

*Corrected*

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:29 am

Rajdeep is a fucking liar. How can anyone kick you in the shins when your back is turned? Only explanation - Rajdeep has some things in the back, which are usually in the front for normal people. Could he also have some things above, which are usually below for normal people? That could explain the shit that comes out of his mouth regularly. And what an idiot Doucheman is for eagerly swallowing up Rajdeep's bullshit.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:40 am

SomeProfile wrote:Rajdeep is a fucking liar. How can anyone kick you in the shins when your back is turned? Only explanation - Rajdeep has some things in the back, which are usually in the front for normal people. Could he also have some things above, which are usually below for normal people? That could explain the shit that comes out of his mouth regularly. And what an idiot Doucheman is for eagerly swallowing up Rajdeep's bullshit.

No need to take the word 'shin' literally. He obviously means the back of the leg ( between the knee and his feet) when he accuses the Chaddi barbarians of kicking him. Furthermore, the BJP leader Vijay Jolly was present near that venue and Jolly has slammed the Chaddi barbarians/Bhaktas using strong language. According to Jolly those Chaddis who heckled, abused and kicked Rajdeep were miscreants.

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:22 pm

Rashmun wrote:
SomeProfile wrote:Rajdeep is a fucking liar. How can anyone kick you in the shins when your back is turned? Only explanation - Rajdeep has some things in the back, which are usually in the front for normal people. Could he also have some things above, which are usually below for normal people? That could explain the shit that comes out of his mouth regularly. And what an idiot Doucheman is for eagerly swallowing up Rajdeep's bullshit.

No need to take the word 'shin' literally. He obviously means the back of the leg ( between the knee and his feet) when he accuses the Chaddi barbarians of kicking him. Furthermore, the BJP leader Vijay Jolly was present near that venue and Jolly has slammed the Chaddi barbarians/Bhaktas using strong language. According to Jolly those Chaddis who heckled, abused and kicked Rajdeep were miscreants.

You are right. No need to take anything that Rajdeep said literally because he is a fucking liar. Unfortunately, a lot of people including other journalists and Vijay Jolly believed Rajdeep's lies on that day and jumped the gun in condemning the innocent Modi supporters. Now, that Rajdeep has himself confessed to getting violent first, all of them are STFU! Only idiots like you continue to bow bow!  Laughing

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:59 pm

SomeProfile wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

You are right. No need to take anything that Rajdeep said literally because he is a fucking liar. Unfortunately, a lot of people including other journalists and Vijay Jolly believed Rajdeep's lies on that day and jumped the gun in condemning the innocent Modi supporters. Now, that Rajdeep has himself confessed to getting violent first, all of them are STFU! Only idiots like you continue to bow bow!  Laughing

Rajdeep is saying the Chaddis got violent first. He says the cowardly Chaddis kicked him when his back was turned from them. BJP leader Vijay Jolly who was present near where the incident took place accepts Rajdeep's version.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4