doordarshan - bhagwat speech - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

doordarshan - bhagwat speech

+7
Kayalvizhi
Hellsangel
confuzzled dude
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Vakavaka Pakapaka
southindian
truthbetold
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

doordarshan - bhagwat speech - Page 2 Empty Re: doordarshan - bhagwat speech

Post by rawemotions Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:35 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:DD has always been the government's rented whore, except this is as merlot says, a new low. this also removes any pretensions there may have been of a distinction between the BJP and the RSS, and modi the PM, and modi the RSS hack. it's good that it's all out in the open. hope newly minted converts to the modi bhajana samaj like FF who recently said that he is behind modi, are happy with these new developments.  i remain thoroughly skeptical although on most days i cannot summon the kind of energy reserves that CD seems to possess.
The lowest point was reached, when evangelical programming was carried.

Last edited by rawemotions on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:36 am; edited 2 times in total

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:35 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:so that addresses atleast one of TBT's original concerns. not e'thing dd has shown has something to do with the government, or "speeches by constitutional authorities such as pm or president or their designates".

it never was just that. the more relevant objection to what they've done is that they've let themselves be used as the mouthpiece of a divisive and sectarian organization with long term goals of making india a hindu version of pakistan.

on the other hand, i have scant respect for DD and this is no surprise. it's not like they're the beeb who maintain their editorial and programming independence despite being fully supported by the british government and their taxpayers.

I wanted to delete my post to edit it further, but anyway, here it is:

Yeah, If I remember correctly, they used to regularly show the whole guru granth sahib something on DD back then.

So that addresses atleast one of TBT's original concerns. Not e'thing dd has shown has something to do with the government, or "speeches by constitutional authorities such as pm or president or their designates". So basically, Pope's message is a 'speech', but it was shown as a part of the christmas celebration. A big part of x-mas celebration is those songs and some speech. So maybe that falls in the religious category, not the speech category. In Hindu celebrations too, a priest may address the public, but it's not a big part of the tradition, I guess. Having said that, the church itself can be considered as a sectarian divisive organization depending where you looking from. The fact that DD stopped showing Bible Series upon muslims' objections (RE's examples) in Srinagar is just another example.

Overall, RSS is not a banned organization, so I don't know if anyone has a real case here, except hurt feelings. There are enough reasons to be wary of groups/parties like RSS as well as Congress. I am not supporting either side, except the right of a network regarding freedom of speech. The argument about DD being a public service network and hence should not be showing unrelated stuff is what caught my interest in this thread, and that argument does not seem to hold any more considering the variety of stuff it has been showing in the name of religion and politics.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:29 pm

Bk 
Stop misinterpreting what I said.
What I said what did can do as part of its policy. I did not say that it cannot do other things such as show film songs or cricket.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:31 pm

truthbetold wrote:Bk 
Stop misinterpreting what I said.
What I said what did can do as part of its policy. I did not say that it cannot do other things such as show film songs or cricket.

i didn't mean film songs or crickets either, or for that matter, art and education as well. all other examples pertaining to religion and politics all over this thread are relevant to the topic, that don't necessarily fall in the 'public service' that you meant.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:44 pm

If dd is not politically motivated and directly influenced by modi and we all collectively lose our common sense and agree dd became autonomous then the following should be     Acceptable to it for broadcasting:
Akhilesh wins next up elections with the help of yadav/Muslim vote. A yadav caste organization (not sp party) or A Muslim organization wants its chief speak to the people for an hour on dd.  Or  caste organizations behind laloo or nitish or kapu nadu in ap or similar organizations asking for dd tv time. They are all politically driven but are not accountable to the democratic system. They do not have a legal right to seek dd time.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:50 pm

truthbetold wrote:If dd is not politically motivated and directly influenced by modi and we all collectively lose our common sense and agree dd became autonomous then the following should be     Acceptable to it for broadcasting:
Akhilesh wins next up elections with the help of yadav/Muslim vote. A yadav caste organization (not sp party) or A Muslim organization wants its chief speak to the people for an hour on dd.  Or  caste organizations behind laloo or nitish or kapu nadu in ap or similar organizations asking for dd tv time. They are all politically driven but are not accountable to the democratic system. They do not have a legal right to seek dd time.

TBT -- this is not meant to poke fun of your english, but hopefully will be seen as constructive criticism. you started a good topic, but your posts are nearly indecipherable. i have a hard time reading and trying to understand what you are saying, let alone responding to your posts. please spend that thirty extra seconds editing and reading your own posts before you hit send. i have seen you write a bit more clearly.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:51 pm

truthbetold wrote:If dd is not politically motivated and directly influenced by modi and we all collectively lose our common sense and agree dd became autonomous then the following should be     Acceptable to it for broadcasting:

Again you are misinterpreting. SS ji did not - repeat NOT - want to speak on DD.

It was DD that telecast his speech - which was again not made for DD but for his organization, as part of their annual celebration.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:02 pm

G
Uppili
Yeah right. Dd did that without jadavkar and modi's knowledge.  I got a Brooklyn bridge to sell.
As I said bjp could not even come up with a plausible explanation to this action. So they are brazening (is there such a word?) it out by using failed congress tactics of blaming the messenger. 
Rule of law is more important than short term gains.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:48 pm

Will DD broadcast Nedumaran's speech?

I bet it won't

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down