more on the gavaskar, shastri brouhaha Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

more on the gavaskar, shastri brouhaha

2 posters

Go down

more on the gavaskar, shastri brouhaha Empty more on the gavaskar, shastri brouhaha

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:04 pm

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/527699.html

nice article by jayaditya gupta. who is this guy? very clear thinker.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

more on the gavaskar, shastri brouhaha Empty Re: more on the gavaskar, shastri brouhaha

Post by Another Brick Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:43 am

and now it is sir kumble who seems to have conflict on interest. he is denying it all right, but the conflict is for everyone to see. hope he scraps the idea of tenvic. of course, BCCI which itself stands for The Board Of C*nts and (their) Conflict Of Interest will "reprimand" him and pardon Srinivasan.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/535754.html

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

more on the gavaskar, shastri brouhaha Empty Re: more on the gavaskar, shastri brouhaha

Post by Another Brick Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:08 am

more on the controversy from bhogle - http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/536373.html

And so he has two options: He shuts down his company and works for Indian cricket for nothing. Or he quits the KSCA and Indian cricket loses a valuable asset. And so the conflict-of-interest situation has to be addressed at its roots. As long as you have power without remuneration and this fascination with honorary office-bearers, it will continue to exist.

i hope he chooses to shut down tenvic (a cheesy name, if you ask me, although it comes from his best figures in test cricket).

edit - tongues are already wagging because of Aravaind's inclusion in the team. Aravind enjoys tenvic's services and nobody, not even his mother, would have believed two weeks ago that her son would get a call. vinay kumar is another player who has done business with tenvic and vinay kumar hasn't exactly impressed with his bowing so far.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:41 am

Another Brick wrote:

i hope he chooses to shut down tenvic (a cheesy name, if you ask me, although it comes from his best figures in test cricket).

"tenvic" sounds suspiciously like an east european name.

Here's Kumble's emotional riposte

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/536460.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:14 am

i had to wade through a lot of trumpet-blowing (which i think is unnecessary while addressing this issue; why is he so defensive?) to arrive at the passage where he has tried to address the main issue and he has not done that satisfactorily. he is the man of integrity, we all know, but one can't deny the very visible conflict of interest.

It has been reported that my company, Tenvic, representing players has supposedly resulted in their being selected to play for the Indian cricket team. This is both insulting and preposterous. First of all, it casts aspersions on the workings of the national selection committee, then it questions the performance of the players in question who earned their spot in the team and it doubts my integrity. I will comment only on the last. I categorically deny that I ever have or will ever influence selection of players at any level to derive personal interest. At the KSCA, by the constitution it is the Hon. Secretary who convenes all selection meetings. However, if I do spot a talent that I feel should represent India, irrespective of who is managing that player, I will not shy away from bringing it to the attention of those vested with the responsibility of selection. And I will do this without fear or favour keeping the best interest of cricket and cricketers in mind.

and towards the end, he just says that COI is everywhere so what's wrong if he also has it!

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down