Vitamin Water Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vitamin Water

3 posters

Go down

Vitamin Water Empty Vitamin Water

Post by Guest Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:44 pm

BAD idea to take during a workout.

Back to top Go down

Vitamin Water Empty Re: Vitamin Water

Post by indophile Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:12 am

Why?

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:26 am

indophile wrote:Why?

was sweating buckets, and had this in between. Didn't quench my thirst or cooled me down at all. Instead, raised my craving for water, and felt sticky in my mouth. When I came home, XH looked at the label and realized that while it had loads of vitamins, sugars and stuff, it didnt' have sodium or potassium; hence can't be used like Gatorade or a sports drink I guess.

However, I had gone to workout after almost 2 weeks of illness, and ideally I should have been very sore and stiff this morning; but am not. Will experiment this a little more. Will take it for the days when I am doing weights, which means I won't be sweating like I do in cardios, and see if this makes me less sore the next morning.

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:46 am

Thanks. Good to know.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:44 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

was sweating buckets, and had this in between. Didn't quench my thirst or cooled me down at all. Instead, raised my craving for water, and felt sticky in my mouth. When I came home, XH looked at the label and realized that while it had loads of vitamins, sugars and stuff, it didnt' have sodium or potassium; hence can't be used like Gatorade or a sports drink I guess.

However, I had gone to workout after almost 2 weeks of illness, and ideally I should have been very sore and stiff this morning; but am not. Will experiment this a little more. Will take it for the days when I am doing weights, which means I won't be sweating like I do in cardios, and see if this makes me less sore the next morning.

Dont drink ANY of these crappy drinks - including gatorade, powerade, etc. Those are needed only if you play like michael Jordan. Almost all of them are loaded with sugar more than the colas.

Plain water - tap water....nothing else.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:11 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

Vijji Bagchi, I'm kind of flummoxed. How do you find the time to go to work, cook for your children, take care of their homework-gym-swim-dance classes, spend time on sulekha and still go to the gym youself?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:18 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

Vijji Bagchi, I'm kind of flummoxed. How do you find the time to go to work, cook for your children, take care of their homework-gym-swim-dance classes, spend time on sulekha and still go to the gym youself?

omg, before a new theory pops up, let me clarify. I did go to gym class y'day. And I went myself, bittu didn't go for me. *apprehensive*

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:24 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

omg, before a new theory pops up, let me clarify. I did go to gym class y'day. And I went myself, bittu didn't go for me. *apprehensive*
wow, you need to let go of that. I was merely asking you about your time management.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:26 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

Reminds me of another Telugu sameta (proverb)
NUV DANCHU NE BHUJAAL-EGARESTA  - you pound (grain, chillies, turmeric, etc.) in the mortar, and I will just move my shoulders.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:39 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

wow, you need to let go of that. I was merely asking you about your time management.

oh ok. that way. I thought b_a will come and say in 10 points how sweating is very unfeminine, so it was actually bittu who went to the gym for me. *phew*

To your question. I don't have insanely long hours at work, and I don't have an insane commute. My kids are not that young. Classes/games are shared between XH and me. So is cooking and general household chores. I could use extra time to finish some of the long pending tasks/projects at home, but I usually wait for the right kind of inspiration to come from within.

Not saying I am the epitome of time management, but my evenings (mornings too for that matter) are generally well routine-d during school year. Go home, cook something quick, eat, go to gym (not all days), come back, shower, and sink on the sofa until it's time to sleep. In this period I chill with kids, help them with homework if they need it, or just horse around with them (they usually move between the two floors to do their own thing, but mostly we all hang out together); or catch up on phone with peeps, play online games, and of course, post/chat on such. Rarely I watch a movie, and very rarely I read a book. I am mostly a boring kind of a person, as is evident here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:42 am

indophile wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

NUV DANCHU NE BHUJAAL-EGARESTA  - you pound (grain, chillies, turmeric, etc.) in the mortar, and I will just move my shoulders.

lol... more explanation please.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:08 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

Dont drink ANY of these crappy drinks - including gatorade, powerade, etc.  Those are needed only if you play like michael Jordan. Almost all of them are loaded with sugar more than the colas.

Plain water - tap water....nothing else.

yeah that's what I do. was strapped for time, so picked a bottle on the way out. if you live with XH, you always have such things stocked up in the garage.

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:58 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
indophile wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

Oh, when you said you went to the gym yourself (and exerted yourself) but did not use a proxy, that proverb came to mind. In the old days they used to pound paddy to get the grain, pound turmeric to get haldi powder, etc. It involved some physical work. Mostly women used to do that work in groups. Some in the group were really pounding and doing the work, while some others were taking it easy, but hiding that by pretending to exert themselves. That's how the proverb came about - it's like saying you pound and I will pretend, i.e., please act as my proxy.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:36 pm

indophile wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
indophile wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

Oh, when you said you went to the gym yourself (and exerted yourself) but did not use a proxy, that proverb came to mind. In the old days they used to pound paddy to get the grain, pound turmeric to get haldi powder, etc. It involved some physical work. Mostly women used to do that work in groups. Some in the group were really pounding and doing the work, while some others were taking it easy, but hiding that by pretending to exert themselves. That's how the proverb came about - it's like saying you pound and I will pretend, i.e., please act as my proxy.

LOL, I thought the same meaning.

My older does this whenever we have to collectively lift anything heavy. Will just touch her hands there.

I do that when singing (in chorus, aarti, happy birthday, etc), just move my lips or do a tiny whisper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:17 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

did the exact same workout the next day and drank water this time. felt a little bit of stretching the next day. but that could be because I didn't wear the right shoes.

y'day did a little more involved workout, with weights and all. Drank vitamin water during it. Felt a little bit nausea, but that could be because I ate a little close to the workout that I had intended. I should have been waddling like a duck today. Usually when I do that workout after a break, I almost feel feverish the next day, but am fine today. Just a little soreness in my biceps and calves area.

I may be on to something, wrt to vitamin water. Is it the sugar? Will research more. Just because there is no soreness today 1) may not be because of the vitamin water and 2)  may not mean it is a good thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down