Do you believe this? [Cricket] Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you believe this? [Cricket]

5 posters

Go down

Do you believe this? [Cricket] Empty Do you believe this? [Cricket]

Post by nevada Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:16 pm

Big lollu at this claim. The man who traveled as a passenger riding on the shoulders of his younger team mates for years, played a meaningless ODI series just to complete his 100th hundred against minnow Bangladesh wanted to just leave the game in his 20s? No way! This pathetic, scared, scarred choker was a disgrace at the batting crease and has further disgraced himself with vacuous claims just to sell his book. Why doesn't he just post the book online for free and say whatever he wants to say freely? Also, I hope he has dwelled upon his tax evasion in the infamous Ferrari incident. 

Sachin Tendulkar felt so "scarred" and "devastated" by the Indian team's losing streak under his captaincy that he contemplated leaving the game in the late 1990s, the master batsman has written in his autobiography.

In the much-awaited book Playing It My Way, which will be released on November 6, Tendulkar has spoken about his frustrating captaincy tenure from 1996 to 2000 when he led in 25 Tests, losing nine and winning just four.

"I hated losing and as captain of the team I felt responsible for the string of miserable performances," Tendulkar wrote in the book, extracts of which were released by the Press Trust of India on Sunday.

"More worryingly, I did not know how I could turn it around, as I was already trying my absolute best. I confided in Anjali [his wife] that I feared there was nothing more that I could do to stem the tide of defeats.

"Losing a string of very close matches had left me badly scarred. I had given it everything and was not sure that I could give even 0.1 per cent more.

"It was hurting me badly and it took me a long time to come to terms with these failures. I even contemplated moving away from the sport completely, as it seemed nothing was going my way."

Tendulkar, a national icon who played at the top level for 24 years, retired last year as the world's highest run-getter in both Test and one-day cricket and the only batsman so far to score 100 international centuries.

But it was almost 16 years before he quit that Tendulkar nursed the idea of leaving the game. It followed the tour of the West Indies in 1997 when, after drawing the first two Tests, India were dismissed for 81 in the third Test in Barbados, chasing a modest target of 120.

"Monday, March 31, 1997, was a dark day in the history of Indian cricket and definitely the worst of my captaincy career," Tendulkar writes in the book.

"Frankly, there can be no excuses for such a poor batting effort, even though it was a difficult track. None of the batsmen apart from [V.V.S.] Laxman even reached double figures in the second innings and it was one of the worst batting displays I have been part of.

"The defeat left me totally devastated and I shut myself in my room for two whole days trying to come to terms with the loss. I still feel the pangs of that defeat when I look back at the series."

The collapse was engineered by fast bowler Ian Bishop who claimed 4-22, while Curtly Ambrose and Franklyn Rose chipped in with three wickets each. The West Indies won the five-match series 1-0.

Source: SMH.COM.AU

nevada

Back to top Go down

Do you believe this? [Cricket] Empty Re: Do you believe this? [Cricket]

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:00 pm

nevada wrote:Big lollu at this claim. The man who traveled as a passenger riding on the shoulders of his younger team mates for years, played a meaningless ODI series just to complete his 100th hundred against minnow Bangladesh wanted to just leave the game in his 20s? No way! This pathetic, scared, scarred choker was a disgrace at the batting crease and has further disgraced himself with vacuous claims just to sell his book. Why doesn't he just post the book online for free and say whatever he wants to say freely? Also, I hope he has dwelled upon his tax evasion in the infamous Ferrari incident. 

Source: SMH.COM.AU

Of course I do...

The guy kept on playing due to BCCI dominance and the Indian penchant for idol-worshipping.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:01 pm

Why so much hatred against a player who is one of the greatest to have ever played the game? Why should he publish the book free anyway? Nonsensical venom.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:04 pm

Has he ever attended the Parliament after being made MP?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:39 pm

the last sumptuous cricket autobiography i read was steven waugh's. he was a great captain and student of the game. i don't have the time to waste on ghost written self-aggrandizing claptrap. i'll wait for dravid's memoirs for a weighty cricket read.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:35 pm

truthbetold wrote:Why so much hatred against a player who is one of the greatest to have ever played the game? Why should he publish the book free anyway? Nonsensical venom.
To disprove the notion that he is throwing in "sensational" stuff to pimp his book. He can very well afford to put the book out there for free download with a link stating "suggested donation of x to your favorite charity/charitable cause". That will actually boost his brand value and more than make up for whatever book revenues he will lose out on.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:44 pm

nevada wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Why so much hatred against a player who is one of the greatest to have ever played the game? Why should he publish the book free anyway? Nonsensical venom.
To disprove the notion that he is throwing in "sensational" stuff to pimp his book. He can very well afford to put the book out there for free download with a link stating "suggested donation of x to your favorite charity/charitable cause". That will actually boost his brand value and more than make up for whatever book revenues he will lose out on.
I did not realize you are intending to help improve sachin's brand value.  Where did i get that idea?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:49 pm

truthbetold wrote:
nevada wrote:
I did not realize you are intending to help improve sachin's brand value.  Where did i get that idea?
How would I know? Only you can answer that.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:58 pm

nevada wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
nevada wrote:
How would I know? Only you can answer that.
"pathetic, scared, scarred choker was a disgrace at the batting crease " - may be from that .

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:04 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:the last sumptuous cricket autobiography i read was steven stephen waugh's. he was a great captain and student of the game. i don't have the time to waste on ghost written self-aggrandizing claptrap. i'll wait for dravid's memoirs for a weighty cricket read.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down