Please report your problems with this forum here Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please report your problems with this forum here

+3
doofus_maximus
SomeProfile
charvaka
7 posters

Go down

Please report your problems with this forum here Empty Please report your problems with this forum here

Post by charvaka Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:14 am

Dear CHers affected by the disastrous events over at CH:

Welcome to your new shelter. We are not sure if this will turn into our new home, but to help figure that out, please report any problems you have with this forum here. I will see what can be changed or not changed through the admin settings. And at the end of a week or so of testing, we can talk about whether this is a good forum to migrate to.

Thank you for trying out this new forum.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Please report your problems with this forum here Empty Re: Please report your problems with this forum here

Post by SomeProfile Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:42 am

I think the number 1 problem here will be that long threaded discussions could become a pain due to lack of proper tree structure. The ability to quote and respond doesn't truly fulfill the need for a tree structure. Given the fact that our discussions can sometimes veer off in extremely tangential directions, I can see long threads becoming tiresome to wade through as we try to understand the context of each person's reply and keep track of different sub-threads.

Of course, I have a personal issue with the need for a real working email address to register.

Another personal issue for me is the prominent display of personal profile pic and repetitive details on each and every response. I can again imagine becoming tired of it as I scroll through long threads.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Please report your problems with this forum here Empty Re: Please report your problems with this forum here

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:22 am

good points...

I have a huge issue with the Aish's dumbass face in Tracy's post..
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:30 am

Next you will object to my picture.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Please report your problems with this forum here Empty Please report your problems with this forum here

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:05 am

Dear CHers affected by the disastrous events over at CH:

Welcome to your new shelter. We are not sure if this will turn into our new home, but to help figure that out, please report any problems you have with this forum here.

Thank you for trying out this new forum.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://such.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:28 am

SomeProfile wrote:

Another personal issue for me is the prominent display of personal profile pic and repetitive details on each and every response. I can again imagine becoming tired of it as I scroll through long threads.

I think owner can take care of it in the preferences. I can disable the display of avatar in my forum, so there must be an option here as well. C, try it and see how it goes. Maybe you can choose the size of the avatar that is displayed.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:29 am

CroMagnon wrote:
SomeProfile wrote:

I think owner can take care of it in the preferences. I can disable the display of avatar in my forum, so there must be an option here as well. C, try it and see how it goes. Maybe you can choose the size of the avatar that is displayed.

Yes, looking into it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:34 am

Another danger of displaying pictures with every reply is that some troll could post a NSFW picture on his/her profile. Next thing you know, you cannot open any thread from work to which that troll has replied!

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Please report your problems with this forum here Empty Time feature next to post

Post by mickeybrowneyes Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:57 pm

Shows a different time than say, EST, no? Pliss to tell..thank you kindly.

mickeybrowneyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:03 pm

mickeybrowneyes wrote:Shows a different time than say, EST, no? Pliss to tell..thank you kindly.

Shows Pacific time. I think you can set it to your preference in your profile. Let me know if that doesn't work.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeybrowneyes Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:05 pm

Admin wrote:
mickeybrowneyes wrote:Shows a different time than say, EST, no? Pliss to tell..thank you kindly.

Shows Pacific time. I think you can set it to your preference in your profile. Let me know if that doesn't work.

Thanks - that helped, EST now!! Original default Brussels time for me - just made me more hungry....

mickeybrowneyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:31 pm

CroMagnon wrote:
SomeProfile wrote:

I have fixed this now... the picture display now is much smaller, about the same size as CH used to be.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:39 pm

Just posting to the list of potential problems: admin powers.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down