it hurts Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

it hurts

+3
Maria S
smArtha
FluteHolder
7 posters

Go down

it hurts Empty it hurts

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:33 am

our dog snoopy, a labrador, is 13 (that's 91 in human years -- 1 human year = 7 dog years). he is sick for the last one week. he has a dry cough and is on daily injections. for the last three days he has stopped eating. he responds to my beckoning but does not come to me (no energy). his master, my older, is away. he started treating younger as another master when older left for college. younger takes him to the vet every other day. it's become a routine: daily my wife quarrels with snoopy to take the antibiotics but snoopy does not budge; wife shouts till younger pulls my wife away and feeds him the meds.  i feel hopeless and can't bear to see him suffer. he has never been so sick or frail for so long. i fear the worst. i don't want to keep a dog gain. i won't.

Back to top Go down

it hurts Empty Re: it hurts

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:46 am

what could be wrong with him? vet has given shots for the cough and suspected infection but says he needs a vaccine which he will administer only after he recovers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:00 am

*hugs*

hope he is better soon.

our first dog was also 12 or 13 when he got cancer of urethra. became so weak and lost all life, but would always try to respond to us; eventually we stopped keeping him in a leash or outdoors as he would not attack anyone anyway (he was ferocious otherwise). this also meant he stank the house a lot. We kids used to complain but could also see he was miserable. One day we came home to find him gone and learned mom had taken mercy on him and put him to sleep. We were so mad at her, and she was heartbroken even further. We visited his grave in the back of the house and the loss was heavy. But we got over it eventually.

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:11 am

Hope he recovers soon. Check whether this could be due to this or anything related...
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/canine-flu-outbreak-sickens-hundreds-dogs-midwest-30361408

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:27 am

FluteHolder wrote:Hope he recovers soon. Check whether this could be due to this or anything related...
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/canine-flu-outbreak-sickens-hundreds-dogs-midwest-30361408

thanks flute. will check link tomorrow. just force fed him milk+roti. he slurped only the milk. i've ordered he be fed milk only.

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:37 am

tingu wrote:what could be wrong with him? vet has given shots for the cough and suspected infection but says he needs a vaccine which he will administer only after he recovers.

Old age problems. Isn't 12-15 years the average life span of Dogs?

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:41 am

smArtha wrote:
tingu wrote:what could be wrong with him? vet has given shots for the cough and suspected infection but says he needs a vaccine which he will administer only after he recovers.

Old age problems. Isn't 12-15 years the average life span of Dogs?

seems so smartha. i'll meet the vet personally tomorrow. i have been neglecting snoopy's illness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:48 am

Hello Mr. HK!

Am sorry to hear about your dog's illness. I know how much it can hurt to see them..so weak and ill.

Without guessing the medical condition- sounds like he is weak and dehydrated..needs IV fluids, which can do wonders, please consult your Vet.

Hope it's not something serious, which he cannot recover from, and improves soon.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:34 am

Maria S wrote:Hello Mr. HK!

Am sorry to hear about your dog's illness. I know how much it can hurt to see them..so weak and ill.

Without guessing the medical condition- sounds like he is weak and dehydrated..needs IV fluids, which can do wonders, please consult your Vet.

Hope it's not something serious, which he cannot recover from, and improves soon.
thank you maria. i am taking him to the vet tomorrow. you have given me a wonderful idea. maybe we can put him on iv under mild anaesthesia in the vet's chamber or seek vet hospital. lots of love for this great suggestion. yes he needs iv!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:45 am

I can't relate to your pain (i nvr went through that), but I do understand that it's very painful. *hugs!*

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:57 pm

Dogs usually have a very difficult last time ... seen that first hand (had a pet dog during school days which had extremely difficult final days, a week or so). Your dog probably is also showing the signs that it has reached its age limit. Anyway, you need to consult with another Vet immediately, considering your present Vet wants to wait and administer the vaccine / medicine after your dog is already okay / recovered (without medicine / vaccine).
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:02 pm

dogs are so wonderful. i am sorry he's sick.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:17 am

met the vet. he said there is nothing to worry about. the dog is suffering from kennel cough or bordetella virus that will take 2 weeks to resolve and after which he will administer a vaccine. he said not to worry about his not eating and to keep him on a liquid diet like milk - no sweat. *fingers crossed*

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:25 pm

careful tingu, most of your website passwords will have your dog's name in it.

I feel the pain. I have not got over it, after 25+ years.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:19 am

TruthSeeker wrote:careful tingu, most of your website passwords will have your dog's name in it.

I feel the pain. I have not got over it, after 25+ years.
No, I'm safe. I have appended 99 to my dog's name. That way no one can use my dog's name to hack my ids. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 4:17 am

he is critical. will be putting him to sleep in next few days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 5:01 am

http://www.vetstreet.com/our-pet-experts/how-to-say-goodbye

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon May 11, 2015 8:15 am

brie wrote:he is critical. will be putting him to sleep in next few days.
Sorry to hear about that. My heart-felt condolences.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 9:57 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
brie wrote:he is critical. will be putting him to sleep in next few days.
Sorry to hear about that. My heart-felt condolences.

thanks seva. we are all hurt by this episode, esp. the older who has not taken it kindly. 

he is not eatng or drinking water now. today the doctor gave him an hour of oxygen in her chamber and one hour of saline with IV meds. maria you were right. we are checking him into the doc's vet hospital tomorrow. blood tests reports will be available tomorrow and after a few days we will take a call (after they do other tests like ultrasound in the hospital).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2015 7:00 am

he died today in my wife's arms before we could take him to the hospital.

he had a tumour in the abdomen. doc was to conduct an x ray today to determine if it was malignant (euthanasia) or benign (proceed with surgery).

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue May 12, 2015 8:09 am

brie wrote:he died today in my wife's arms before we could take him to the hospital.

he had a tumour in the abdomen. doc was to conduct an x ray today to determine if it was malignant (euthanasia) or benign (proceed with surgery).
may he RIP!
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2015 10:15 am

i spoke to my cousin who is a dog lover and who has only one dog, a terrier, now. he advised me not to buy another dog. what pains me about snoopy is that he got misdiagnosed. snoopy could not express express pain. he could express only love. what a tragedy! we buried him in our compound. my wife wrapped him in cloth with 25 kgs salt. sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Wed May 13, 2015 9:21 pm

Uff. Reminds me of my dog, when I was a kid. Got him as a baby from Jaipur to Delhi, when I was in my teens. My day was careful to feed him milk, while I only thought of him of as fun to be with, on our way. We all got so fond of him. My sisters, brother, me. He would come running after our socks as we entered home, and took off our shoes. I was the only mean-teen, who dared to put my palm in his mouth, to bite, I guess he was teething those days. Later, I'd scold him. He was a rebel like me. Would poop under the dining table, and run around as I tried to scold him. I have been literally beaten by my sisters, slapped/punched on my body, for what my sisters considered my mistreating. And then, my second elder sister got married, while I was still doing my B.Tech. He was fed sweets left and right, during the wedding. A week later, he was not able to move as if pregnant. We took him to the vet, who declared that he has infection. Gave him some injections. A few days later, I dozed off in front of TV on the carpet, woke up - and found him being shaken by my dad! Wake up! He died next to me, without any noise, while I slept? Uff. Me and my very younger brother took him to Tughlakabad fort south of Delhi in an auto, and buried him. And I went to work, as if nothing had happened. But I was very sad inside. 

I still am.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Wed May 13, 2015 9:51 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:Uff. Reminds me of my dog, when I was a kid. Got him as a baby from Jaipur to Delhi, when I was in my teens. My day was careful to feed him milk, while I only thought of him of as fun to be with, on our way. We all got so fond of him. My sisters, brother, me. He would come running after our socks as we entered home, and took off our shoes. I was the only mean-teen, who dared to put my palm in his mouth, to bite, I guess he was teething those days. Later, I'd scold him. He was a rebel like me. Would poop under the dining table, and run around as I tried to scold him. I have been literally beaten by my sisters, slapped/punched on my body, for what my sisters considered my mistreating. And then, my second elder sister got married, while I was still doing my B.Tech. He was fed sweets left and right, during the wedding. A week later, he was not able to move as if pregnant. We took him to the vet, who declared that he has infection. Gave him some injections. A few days later, I dozed off in front of TV on the carpet, woke up - and found him being shaken by my dad! Wake up! He died next to me, without any noise, while I slept? Uff. Me and my very younger brother took him to Tughlakabad fort south of Delhi in an auto, and buried him. And I went to work, as if nothing had happened. But I was very sad inside. 

I still am.

[size=48]"He was a rebel like me. Would poop under the dining table" -- TS.[/size]

[size=48]why did you poop under the dining table? are there no toilets in northindia?[/size]

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Wed May 13, 2015 9:53 pm

(-:

Thanks for the laugh!

It helps.

G'nite,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 12:18 am

swapna wrote:
TruthSeeker wrote:Uff. Reminds me of my dog, when I was a kid. Got him as a baby from Jaipur to Delhi, when I was in my teens. My day was careful to feed him milk, while I only thought of him of as fun to be with, on our way. We all got so fond of him. My sisters, brother, me. He would come running after our socks as we entered home, and took off our shoes. I was the only mean-teen, who dared to put my palm in his mouth, to bite, I guess he was teething those days. Later, I'd scold him. He was a rebel like me. Would poop under the dining table, and run around as I tried to scold him. I have been literally beaten by my sisters, slapped/punched on my body, for what my sisters considered my mistreating. And then, my second elder sister got married, while I was still doing my B.Tech. He was fed sweets left and right, during the wedding. A week later, he was not able to move as if pregnant. We took him to the vet, who declared that he has infection. Gave him some injections. A few days later, I dozed off in front of TV on the carpet, woke up - and found him being shaken by my dad! Wake up! He died next to me, without any noise, while I slept? Uff. Me and my very younger brother took him to Tughlakabad fort south of Delhi in an auto, and buried him. And I went to work, as if nothing had happened. But I was very sad inside. 

I still am.

[size=48]"He was a rebel like me. Would poop under the dining table" -- TS.[/size]

[size=48]why did you poop under the dining table? are there no toilets in northindia?[/size]
ungal, you can start here:

http://mrnussbaum.com/readingpassageindex/

once you're done, send me a note and i'll send you the link to the next class for scesl students (syrian christian esl stoodants).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down