Open Letter to Times of India Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open Letter to Times of India

3 posters

Go down

Open Letter to Times of India Empty Open Letter to Times of India

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:45 pm

Dear Editor:

I have been a loyal reader of The Times of India for the last 40+ years but today I couldn't help but hang my head in shame looking at your coverage of Yakub Memon - his hanging, his last procession, the hordes who thronged his funeral, details of his last day in jail, his family's emotions, the judicial process, what not! Not a word about the feelings of the victims of the '93 blasts.

I was aghast to see 6 whole pages devoted to the Great Martyr while poor old APJ Abdul Kalam was relegated to some obscure corner. I sincerely feel that this sort of coverage it was obscene, insensitive, unnecessary & completely irresponsible. Not at all expected from a publication of your stature & repute.

In view of this, I am sorry to inform you that I am constrained to terminate our longstanding relationship. I am no longer subscribing to your paper starting tomorrow.

I know you must be thinking, "So what's the big deal?! What difference does the loss of one insignificant reader make to our million plus readership?" But it does make a difference to me.

Hope better editorial sense prevails in the future in your hallowed publication & you regain your former glory!

Good bye & good luck.

https://www.facebook.com/devendra.chavan/activity/10206754767163159

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Open Letter to Times of India Empty Re: Open Letter to Times of India

Post by ashdoc Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:53 pm

Open Letter to Times of India 11796422_10155912075155243_74710375732554668_n

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:01 pm

State showed "bias" and an absence of "zeal" in persecuting those accused of killing more than 900 people during the Mumbai riots of 1992, says the judge who headed the probe.

At a time when the execution of Yakub Memon, convicted for his role in the 1993 blasts that followed the riots, has sparked a fierce debate around whether justice has been selective and continues to remain elusive for those who were murdered during the '92 riots, Justice BN Srikrishna told NDTV's Barkha Dutt that the state and "those who wielded power" had shown an evident bias in not probing the riot cases with the same energy as they had shown in convicting those responsible for the blasts in which 257 people were killed.

In a lengthy email interview, Justice Srikrishna (who says he never appears on television) said the state had been "remiss" and had opted not to investigate even cases where serious prima facie evidence existed. The Srikrishna report had been particularly critical of the role of the Shiv Sena and Bal Thackeray during the riots describing him as a "virtual General' during the violence. But the findings of his commission of inquiry were never acted on by any government - neither the Congress-NCP on whose watch both the riots and the blasts took place or the subsequent BJP-Shiv Sena coalition.

More than 22 years later only three people have been convicted for the riots in which more than 900 people were killed. By comparison, 100 people have been convicted for their role in the '93 blasts.

Justice SriKrishna said he supported the execution of Memon who he said was given "the fullest opportunity of defence." He only wishes, he told NDTV, that there would one day be justice for 1992 as well.
http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/state-didnt-prosecute-riot-accused-with-same-zeal-as-yakub-memon-justice-srikrishna-to-ndtv-1202896

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:13 pm

and the other side:
Whether the Mumbai blast convict Yakub Memon finally walks to the gallows or not, the gnawing question that will continue to stare us in the face is not if he ever participated in the conspiracy and its execution, but if the Indian investigating agencies betrayed him and used his own evidence to hang him.

The moot point is certainly not about law, but about ethics. If the evidence, even voluntarily submitted by him, proves his criminality, he deserves punishment. But if he was duped into a sense of safety, it was unethical because it would have made him complacent and thereby denied himself a fair shot at the legal avenues. If he incriminated himself, believing that the investigators will take care of him, he himself has spoiled his legal chances. This is both a travesty and miscarriage of justice.
http://www.firstpost.com/india/did-yakub-memon-make-a-mistake-by-trusting-indian-investigators-2369698.html

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:16 pm

ashdoc wrote:Open Letter to Times of India 11796422_10155912075155243_74710375732554668_n
and this holds true for many BJP leaders as well. Both MIM & BJP and its stupid fringe groups are two sides of the same coin. They are ideologically one and the same. They give two hoots about the country.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:27 am

ashdoc wrote:Open Letter to Times of India 11796422_10155912075155243_74710375732554668_n

He does have a point. Add to that APJ did not indulge in stone throwing and thuggery like this TRUE Muslimeen Assaduddin did nor did APJ indulge in sword swinging and bombing like this True Koran follower Ass-a-dud-dim does.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down