Synthesis: Bharatanatyam and Kathak together Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Synthesis: Bharatanatyam and Kathak together

+2
garam-kuta
MaxEntropy_Man
6 posters

Go down

Synthesis: Bharatanatyam and Kathak together Empty Synthesis: Bharatanatyam and Kathak together

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:32 pm

can someone confirm that the girl in red is performing BN and the one in Blue is doing Kathak? Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Synthesis: Bharatanatyam and Kathak together Empty Re: Synthesis: Bharatanatyam and Kathak together

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:21 pm

they're both doing moghal harem nautch.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Synthesis: Bharatanatyam and Kathak together Empty Re: Synthesis: Bharatanatyam and Kathak together

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:44 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:they're both doing moghal harem nautch.

What rubbish. Kathak flourished in the Mughal courts. Also, Nawab Wajid Ali Shah of Oudh ( or Awadh) was an accomplished Kathak dancer.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:07 pm

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:they're both doing moghal harem nautch.

What rubbish. Kathak flourished in the Mughal courts. Also, Nawab Wajid Ali Shah of Oudh ( or Awadh) was an accomplished Kathak dancer.
have to agree with max here that they are both doing the same style whatever it is. can you identify the time frame where they are dancing differently?

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:08 pm

i am going to now agree with Max and Veeu, at least partially. I think what is happening here is not that one of the girls is performing BN and the other Kathak; what is actually happening is that both girls are performing some kind of a fusion of BN and Kathak. The youtube channel of one of the girls (Svetlana Tulasi) describes her style of dancing as "Semi-classical dance in Kathak & Bharatanatyam".

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:11 pm

watched only from 2:57 - the girl in blue does a urdhva dhanurasana and the other one dances around her. after that, they both do some synchronized, vigorous dancing.

didn't see any BN.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:16 pm

bw wrote:watched only from 2:57 - the girl in blue does a urdhva dhanurasana and the other one dances around her. after that, they both do some synchronized, vigorous dancing.

didn't see any BN.

i agree.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:25 pm

Rashmun wrote:i am going to now agree with Max and Veeu, at least partially. I think what is happening here is not that one of the girls is performing BN and the other Kathak; what is actually happening is that both girls are performing some kind of a fusion of BN and Kathak. The youtube channel of one of the girls (Svetlana Tulasi) describes her style of dancing as "Semi-classical dance in Kathak & Bharatanatyam".

that description of Svetlana's dance was for that particular video. Other videos of Svetlana describe her as performing Kathak.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:29 pm

watch from 3:50 onwards.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:14 pm

i liked the move at 2:40 onwards.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:25 pm

are you generally posting these nautch videos, or is there a point you're trying to make?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:30 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:are you generally posting these nautch videos, or is there a point you're trying to make?

just for entertainment. no point making.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:39 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:are you generally posting these nautch videos, or is there a point you're trying to make?

here is another one:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:37 pm

Rashmun wrote:

watch from 3:50 onwards.
>>>I guess Russians have a thing for Bollywood going back to the fifties. Cute girls and dance number.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:31 am

Rashmun wrote:

i liked the move at 2:40 onwards.
oh, effs! so much faeces!

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:28 pm

hmm.. more like 'joint' comes to my mind Razz

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:47 pm

garam_kuta wrote:

hmm.. more like 'joint' comes to my mind Razz
as in smoking or combined? you are too good with words, thalaiva! just one sentence to indicate so many things. great!

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down