netflix movie reco Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

netflix movie reco

5 posters

Go down

netflix movie reco Empty netflix movie reco

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:58 am

man from reno

it's a film noir, very well acted with a great score and camera work. villian is creepy as fuck, watch his other famous movie "killers" on netflix, but only after watching this one.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

netflix movie reco Empty Re: netflix movie reco

Post by goodcitizn Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:27 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:man from reno

it's a film noir, very well acted with a great score and camera work. villian is creepy as fuck, watch his other famous movie "killers" on netflix, but only after watching this one.

I've been meaning to watch this. I liked Dave Boyle's earlier movie: White On Rice. Thanks for the reco.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:33 am

goodcitizn wrote:

I've been meaning to watch this. I liked Dave Boyle's earlier movie: White On Rice. Thanks for the reco.

it's one of those movies where every word and gesture have a meaning, not always apparent. I had fun on second watching trying to understand a piece of dialogue that seemed incongruous at first. great movie, even if the end is a little nihilistic, it's noir afterall

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:40 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

it's one of those movies where every word and gesture have a meaning, not always apparent. I had fun on second watching trying to understand a piece of dialogue that seemed incongruous at first. great movie, even if the end is a little nihilistic, it's noir afterall

I just looked it up. Hiroshi Watanabe from the other movie (whose acting impressed me) is also in this one as the Running Man. I'll watch it for sure.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:49 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

>>>Will check it out. I like it when a movie engages the audience like this.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:30 am

Kris wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Kind of like Unusual Suspects.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:40 am

goodcitizn wrote:
Kris wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Kind of like Unusual Suspects.

I know your comment is about something else but this movie reminded me of vertigo, the vanishing etc

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:33 pm

didn't find it that interesting.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:09 pm

was too slow and doesn't pick up pace till the last 10-15 mins and since no mystery is shown in the beginning doesn't keep the viewer engaged. even the final twist is not that great. unnecessary characters, the sheriff's daughter for example.one star from me.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:58 pm

yeah it's no chandramukhi for sure

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:34 pm

Excellent thread to post Netflix Movie Recos. 

I hope and wish that ashdoc notices.

The last one I watched to recommend - Lemonade Mouth - Only if you have a teen/pre-teen daughter at home. A Disney Musical :-)

But this is a good thread to reco each other,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:10 pm

"Suburra" an italian neo-noir loosely based on real, recent events. very well made and acted

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:30 pm

damn, netflix's making some fine serials and documentaries. watched narcos, gotham and making a murderer, all are excellent, far beyond what network TV makes, in some cases exceeding HBO quality. network tv days are numbered if they figure out ways to stream sports with NFL, NBA etc

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down