Boeing offers 'made in India' F 18 fighterjets Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boeing offers 'made in India' F 18 fighterjets

3 posters

Go down

Boeing offers 'made in India' F 18 fighterjets Empty Boeing offers 'made in India' F 18 fighterjets

Post by ashdoc Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:58 am

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/Boeing-keen-to-make-F/A-18-fighters-in-India-CEO-Dennis-A-Muilenburg/articleshow/50830104.cms

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Boeing offers 'made in India' F 18 fighterjets Empty Re: Boeing offers 'made in India' F 18 fighterjets

Post by ashdoc Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:58 am

Boeing offers 'made in India' F 18 fighterjets F-18-superhornet

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Boeing offers 'made in India' F 18 fighterjets Empty Re: Boeing offers 'made in India' F 18 fighterjets

Post by ashdoc Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:59 am

This is a sorely tempting offer , at least to me . 

Yes , the Rafale is a more advanced aircraft . But we are going to get only 36 of them at a very huge amount of money . And that is just not enough numbers !! 

The F 18 is less advanced , in fact one generation behind the Rafale . But if it is made in India with cheap Indian labour , then it's already lower price will become even more lower . We will be able buy no less than 150 F 18s at the price of 36 Rafales . And at the moment we desperately need aircraft to fill up our squadrons , because the stealth fighterjet deal with Russia is close to collapse . 

The F 18 super hornet is enough to deal with Pakistan's F 16s and 150 F 18s will put up a better fight against China's Sukhois than 36 Rafales . China's own stealth program is not successful with their stealth fighter not having a satisfactory engine for stealth , so we don't have to worry about that . F 18 can also be used on our aircraft carriers and can be bought in extra numbers by the navy  just like the Rafale can be . 

I say dump the Rafale in favour of the super hornet if the F 18 can be made in India !! 

---Ashdoc .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:09 am

Or, hopefully, the French will feel the heat and significantly lower the price for the Rafale.......

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:07 am

http://thediplomat.com/2016/02/are-boeing-and-india-about-to-open-the-door-on-a-possible-fa-18-super-hornet-deal/

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:15 pm

ashdoc wrote:This is a sorely tempting offer , at least to me . 

Yes , the Rafale is a more advanced aircraft . But we are going to get only 36 of them at a very huge amount of money . And that is just not enough numbers !! 

The F 18 is less advanced , in fact one generation behind the Rafale . But if it is made in India with cheap Indian labour , then it's already lower price will become even more lower . We will be able buy no less than 150 F 18s at the price of 36 Rafales . And at the moment we desperately need aircraft to fill up our squadrons , because the stealth fighterjet deal with Russia is close to collapse . 

The F 18 super hornet is enough to deal with Pakistan's F 16s and 150 F 18s will put up a better fight against China's Sukhois than 36 Rafales . China's own stealth program is not successful with their stealth fighter not having a satisfactory engine for stealth , so we don't have to worry about that . F 18 can also be used on our aircraft carriers and can be bought in extra numbers by the navy  just like the Rafale can be . 

I say dump the Rafale in favour of the super hornet if the F 18 can be made in India !! 

---Ashdoc .

I agree. The hornets are still top of the line fighters. Also FA 18 can be configured for Naval version. It is still being used in the US and around the World. Numbers do matter. If the GoI can get the entire F/A 18 - Engines, wings, electronics, and nuts and bolts, then it will be a much better deal. Otherwise the US will use it to checkmate India in any wars - that is the only concern given the history.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:32 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

---Ashdoc .

I agree.  The hornets are still top of the line fighters. Also FA 18 can be configured for Naval version. It is still being used in the US and around the World.  Numbers do matter. If the GoI can get the entire F/A 18 - Engines, wings, electronics, and nuts and bolts, then it will be a much better deal. Otherwise the US will use it to checkmate India in any wars - that is the only concern given the history.
Why not go for F22? It is not any more expensive than the Rafale. I don't, however, think that the US will agree to tech transfer on it.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:51 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

---Ashdoc .

I agree.  The hornets are still top of the line fighters. Also FA 18 can be configured for Naval version. It is still being used in the US and around the World.  Numbers do matter. If the GoI can get the entire F/A 18 - Engines, wings, electronics, and nuts and bolts, then it will be a much better deal. Otherwise the US will use it to checkmate India in any wars - that is the only concern given the history.
Why not go for F22? It is not any more expensive than the Rafale. I don't, however, think that the US will agree to tech transfer on it.
f 22 costs 2 and a half times that of rafale . rafale costs 200 million dollars per aircraft while f 22 costs 500 million dollars . US is not willing to sell it at all . and even if it does , it will not agree to manufacture in india like it is ready for f 18 .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:25 pm

ashdoc wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

---Ashdoc .

f 22 costs 2 and a half times that of rafale . rafale costs 200 million dollars per aircraft while f 22 costs 500 million dollars . US is not willing to sell it at all . and even if it does , it will not agree to manufacture in india like it is ready for f 18 .
I thought F22 is $150M. Yes, they don't even sell it to pacifistic Canada.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down