In JNU, Anupam Kher attacks students on bail, says they are not Olympic heroes Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In JNU, Anupam Kher attacks students on bail, says they are not Olympic heroes

Go down

In JNU, Anupam Kher attacks students on bail, says they are not Olympic heroes Empty In JNU, Anupam Kher attacks students on bail, says they are not Olympic heroes

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:13 pm

NEW DELHI: Bollywood actor Anupam Kher, who has been critical of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) students in wake of the sedition row, questioned how can one who "speaks ill" of the country be celebrated as if he was an Olympic medal winner.

Kher, who was at JNU campus for screening of his movie 'Buddha in a traffic jam' on Friday, made a reference of JNU students' union president Kanhaiya Kumar saying, "He is out on bail, he hasn't come back with a medal from Olympics that he should be accorded such huge welcome."

"One who talks ill of the country, how can he be celebrated as hero? Has he got an Olympic medal? He is out on bail. He is not Sachin, Saina or Hanumanathappa," he said, without naming Kanhaiya.

"He said that he comes from a poor family but my question is what did you contribute to remove their poverty? My father's salary was Rs 90 when I got my first scholarship of Rs 200 and I had sent Rs 110 to my family. What did you do," he asked.

The screening of Kher's film went on amid shouting of slogans by Left-affiliated groups who gave him a thumbs down. ....

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/In-JNU-Anupam-Kher-attacks-students-on-bail-says-they-are-not-Olympic-heroes/articleshow/51467363.cms
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down