Contract from Commie times or Didi's days? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contract from Commie times or Didi's days?

4 posters

Go down

Contract from Commie times or Didi's days? Empty Contract from Commie times or Didi's days?

Post by Hellsangel Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:46 am

http://www.timesofindia.com/india/Kolkata-flyover-collapse/liveblog/51630254.cms
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Contract from Commie times or Didi's days? Empty Re: Contract from Commie times or Didi's days?

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:35 am

How about that ... bridge collapsed even before its completion.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Contract from Commie times or Didi's days? Empty Re: Contract from Commie times or Didi's days?

Post by southindian Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:42 am

Jaane bhi do Yaro
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:23 am

And what do you know? It is front page news on BBC.

Contract from Commie times or Didi's days? Bbc_fl10

Comrade's and Il Professore's contention will be that Calcutta lives are more valuable than Mid-East lives.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:47 am

I'm sure Max will weigh in that Mid-East lives are 43% more important than Kolkatta's lives. 

...and that the picture size space given on BBC to Kolkatta flyover news is a bit bigger than ought to be.

He's probably watching "Chennai buses groping (Holi) videos", so will wait to hear back from him on this.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:13 pm

Damn! CNN too! What is happening? CNN values Calcutta lives more too?

Contract from Commie times or Didi's days? Cnn_fl10
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:23 pm

"A company called IVRCL was building the overpass for the Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority, according to the company's website.
A company official, K.P. Rao, told reporters the problem was not construction quality. It was an "act of God," he said to CNN IBN."

It's a Hyderabad based company, btw.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:57 am

Damn! Still Front-page! CNN values Calcutta lives.

Contract from Commie times or Didi's days? Screen10
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:35 am

Hellsangel wrote:http://www.timesofindia.com/india/Kolkata-flyover-collapse/liveblog/51630254.cms

yes, lots of usa friends whatsapped me last night enquiring if i were safe. i had to eventually mark myself "safe" in facebook.

today, a washington based friend said it was headlines:

Contract from Commie times or Didi's days? 2016-011

both, ivrcl and tmc, are crooks. ivrcl wants police to probe for "bomb blast" sabotage! didi has arrested several ivrcl workers and detained their officers but not cmda crooks!

hope didi LOSES (elections)!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:59 am

Brie, I am reading that the flyover was started waay back in 2007, and after some construction, funds were cut off and the work was stopped. Now it's been resumed after five years or so because of elections and didi wanted it to be all done before the elections. The iron was all rusted, I believe and the work was rushed. That could have caused the collapse. Who is to blame here? The politicians or the construction company?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:40 am

Kinnera wrote:Brie, I am reading that the flyover was started waay back in 2007, and after some construction, funds were cut off and the work was stopped. Now it's been resumed after five years or so because of elections and didi wanted it to be all done before the elections. The iron was all rusted, I believe and the work was rushed. That could have caused the collapse. Who is to blame here? The politicians or the construction company?

kinns both are to blame.

first facts:

- it is not that work was resumed after a gap of 5/6 years. work was always going on and sometimes in fits and starts. remember, because of the congestion, they were permitted to work only between 11 pm and 5 pm (only 6 hours a day). often the delay was because of calcutta municipal dev. authority (cmda) and state govt (clearances not obtained and lackadaisical defence in civil courts against petitions from houses affected). ivrcl is not to blame here -- their repeated pleas for enhancement and escalation were rejected. add to the fact that they ust have been subjected to extortion by corrupt cmda (which i will hazard they must have factored in their price -- but not thinking they'd have to pay for 9 years -- and compiled with).

ivrcl's faults:

- my engineer commented, "looking at these pictures, it seems the girders were way less in mm thickness than stipulated. they are not supposed to twist like plastic like these!"

- ivrcl is a rogue company. they have been blacklisted by other state bodies.

cmda and didi fault:

- cmda should have blacklisted ivrcl following other govt. bodies or kept strict vigilance on them.

- why has didi not arrested any cmda employee? why do they stand exonerated? they were the PRINCIPAL contractors!

why did it collapse? -

- it collapsed moments after they had fully casted a section (#60). evidently the iron frame could not support it. the frame was newly installed -- it was not old/rusted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:04 am

brie wrote:
Kinnera wrote:Brie, I am reading that the flyover was started waay back in 2007, and after some construction, funds were cut off and the work was stopped. Now it's been resumed after five years or so because of elections and didi wanted it to be all done before the elections. The iron was all rusted, I believe and the work was rushed. That could have caused the collapse. Who is to blame here? The politicians or the construction company?

kinns both are to blame.

first facts:

- it is not that work was resumed after a gap of 5/6 years. work was always going on and sometimes in fits and starts. remember, because of the congestion, they were permitted to work only between 11 pm and 5 pm (only 6 hours a day). often the delay was because of calcutta municipal dev. authority (cmda) and state govt (clearances not obtained and lackadaisical defence in civil courts against petitions from houses affected). ivrcl is not to blame here -- their repeated pleas for enhancement and escalation were rejected. add to the fact that they ust have been subjected to extortion by corrupt cmda (which i will hazard they must have factored in their price -- but not thinking they'd have to pay for 9 years -- and compiled with).

ivrcl's faults:

- my engineer commented, "looking at these pictures, it seems the girders were way less in mm thickness than stipulated. they are not supposed to twist like plastic like these!"

cmda and didi fault:

- cmda should have blacklisted ivrcl following other govt. bodies or kept strict vigilance on them.

- why has didi not arrested any cmda employee? why do they stand exonerated? they were the PRINCIPAL contractors!

why did it collapse? -

- it collapsed moments after they had fully casted a section (#60). evidently the iron frame could not support it. the frame was newly installed -- it was not old/rusted.

God knows what official story will come out when it does, and even if it's truthful, there will always be conspiracy theories.

Just a sad sad thing. Has been happening so much and for so many decades that they show it in movies as a given. You think the new generations will better at it, but they never seem to.

Last edited by Meghna Mathur on Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:04 am

brie wrote:

kinns both are to blame.

first facts:

ivrcl's faults:

cmda and didi fault:

why did it collapse? -

You seem to be implying that the company chosen to build the bridge in Kolkatta is bad / inefficient and even blacklisted in other places / states, then whose fault is it that it got the project? It's basically due to the Kolkatta municipal corp. and the West Bengal Govt.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:26 am

brie wrote:

kinns both are to blame.

first facts:

ivrcl's faults:

cmda and didi fault:

why did it collapse? -

Brie, thanks for the feedback and your perspective. Corruption, greed, inefficiency, apathy, etc took the lives of so many innocents so horrifically. It's all very sad. I hope that everyone who is responsible for it is held accountable and such things don't recur in future. But, that may be too much of a wishful thinking. 

A similar such incident happened in Hyderabad pretty recently (the punjagutta flyover collapse). A newly constructed/under construction flyover came crashing down, killing the poor people underneath it. The reason sited for it is: The waterworks department dug some water lines close to the flyover. One the huge pipes was cracked and the constant leakage of water from the pipe soaked up the foundation of flyover pillar, making the soil loose and causing the flyover to collapse. I am sure no one was held responsible. The public forgot about the incident and went on with their lives. 
I hope the people responsible for the Kolkata crash will not get away so easily.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:32 am

Kinnera wrote:

A similar such incident happened in Hyderabad pretty recently (the punjagutta flyover collapse). A newly constructed/under construction flyover came crashing down, killing the poor people underneath it. The reason sited for it is: The waterworks department dug some water lines close to the flyover. One the huge pipes was cracked and the constant leakage of water from the pipe soaked up the foundation of flyover pillar, making the soil loose and causing the flyover to collapse. I am sure no one was held responsible. The public forgot about the incident and went on with their lives. 
I hope the people responsible for the Kolkata crash will not get away so easily.
gosh!

Brie, thanks for the feedback and your perspective. Corruption, greed, inefficiency, apathy, etc took the lives of so many innocents so horrifically. It's all very sad. I hope that everyone who is responsible for it is held accountable and such things don't recur in future. But, that may be too much of a wishful thinking. 
wishful thinking. as someone had said, not just the person giving a bribe (as is the law currently) be treated as an offender in the eyes of law but also the person taking the bribe. that will help, however little. i was so sad yesterday that i left the t20 match after india had batted. i could not react either when i heard india had lost.

and the sort of bribes this tmc govt.'s henchmen seek (officers of state bodies) would make your eyes pop out. mind boggling numbers. my man went for a simple mutation yesterday; a perfectly legal mutation for a property i had recently acquired. 3 lacs! the last time i got a mutation done during cpim rule cost me rs 15k.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:40 am

and my friend posts on facebook:

Contract from Commie times or Didi's days? Brid10

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:53 am

Exactly... Did wanted it done before the elections, and as it always happens when the CM and Govt wants all rules, regulations, and inspections are violated (Waived).

And, NOTHING will come out of it. threats of arrests and charges are made so that the company(ies) will pay/fund the TMC election expenses...

Remember some 60 people died in Madras when a new high rise residential building collapsed (in Poror). aftre a week of hoopla everyone forgot. That famous fatalistic attitude of the Indian (hindu) culture does help overcome tragedies.

P.S. the contractor said immediately "its God's work" I am curious to know which God and whose God.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:58 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Exactly... Did wanted it done before the elections, and as it always happens when the CM and Govt wants all rules, regulations, and inspections are violated (Waived).

And, NOTHING will come out of it. threats of arrests and charges are made so that the company(ies) will pay/fund the TMC election expenses...

Remember some 60 people died in Madras when a new high rise residential building collapsed (in Poror). aftre a week of hoopla everyone forgot. That famous fatalistic attitude of the Indian (hindu) culture does help overcome tragedies.

P.S. the contractor said immediately "its God's work"  I am curious to know which God and whose God.
you are on the mark. it has backfired but at what cost? this didi has set up a camp there (a secretariat full with fax machines and stuff) and is dictating operations. what a mad woman!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:16 pm

brie wrote:

and the sort of bribes this tmc govt.'s henchmen seek (officers of state bodies) would make your eyes pop out. mind boggling numbers. my man went for a simple mutation yesterday; a perfectly legal mutation for a property i had recently acquired. 3 lacs! the last time i got a mutation done during cpim rule cost me rs 15k.
Horrible!! Don't vote for this didi female.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:18 pm

here is how it happened. i hate blood and gore in videos so none here. this is footage from kolkata police cctv (don't know how it went public).

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:20 pm

The pictures demonstrate the lack of professionalism and the third-worldliness of Bharat.

In the West, the first step will be to cordon off and isolate any accident location and secure the area.

Here every accident is a tragedy for the victims, money maker for the police, and a free tamasha for the rest of the general public.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:15 pm

Is there anything that can be done to change the situation or does this have to go on? What is the solution?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:31 pm

Kinnera wrote:Is there anything that can be done to change the situation or does this have to go on? What is the solution?

Please forward your suggesti9ons and plans to Modiji.Bharat@facebook.com and it will be done.

Thanks on behalf of all Indians.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:49 pm

Kinnera wrote:Is there anything that can be done to change the situation or does this have to go on? What is the solution?

Please forward your suggesti9ons and plans to Modiji.Bharat@facebook.com and it will be done.

I was talking to a cousin in India about this and expressed my anguish about the corruption everywhere in India, the apathy of the public and then how no one will be held accountable/punished when such incidents happen and how they fade away from the public memory and nobody cares and that such incidents keep happening over and over again, etc. Cousin's response: It's all because of overpopulation. There's no solution to this. 

I was like hmmm....is there really nothing that can be done? Throw your gnyanam, swamiji.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:04 pm

Kinnera wrote:

I was talking to a cousin in India about this and expressed my anguish about the corruption everywhere in India, the apathy of the public and then how no one will be held accountable/punished when such incidents happen and how they fade away from the public memory and nobody cares and that such incidents keep happening over and over again, etc. Cousin's response: It's all because of overpopulation. There's no solution to this. 

I was like hmmm....is there really nothing that can be done? Throw your gnyanam, swamiji.

i r'ber my social science teacher in 8th grade explaining this to us. how the 3 factors are responsible for india's problems, and how it's hard to solve one issue without the other two being resolved, and that was the catch.

population
illiteracy
i think the 3rd was infrastructure (I thought i had all the 3 in my head when i started to reply on this post, but a complete blank right now)

oh, and i think of that teacher often in terms of perspective. We were 13 at the time, and she was 29. She turned 30 while we were still in her class, and also got married. She used to look so happy at the time, especially when she just returned from her honeymoon, smiling all the time as e'one congratulated her, and I would internally go, 'yuck, what's even the point of marrying THAT OLD'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:06 pm

brie wrote:and my friend posts on facebook:

Contract from Commie times or Didi's days? Brid10
Your friend is right. I was talking to this cousin who has some inside information of the company. He says that didi harassed and extorted huge amount of money from them in the name if election funding. I was like, 'jeez! that's horrible!', but then am reminded that Hillary and other politicians do the same here. Hillary does it left and right. Big companies donate millions of dollars for election funding and it's legal. There's not much difference between Hillary and didi, i guess. In that respect, Trump is better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:10 pm

Meghna Mathur wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

i r'ber my social science teacher in 8th grade explaining this to us. how the 3 factors are responsible for india's problems, and how it's hard to solve one issue without the other two being resolved, and that was the catch.

population
illiteracy
i think the 3rd was infrastructure (I thought i had all the 3 in my head when i started to reply on this post, but a complete blank right now)

oh, and i think of that teacher often in terms of perspective. We were 13 at the time, and she was 29. She turned 30 while we were still in her class, and also got married. She used to look so happy at the time, especially when she just returned from her honeymoon, smiling all the time as e'one congratulated her, and I would internally go, 'yuck, what's even the point of marrying THAT OLD'.
Ha ha, yeah! After i was married, i wanted to be done having kids before I turned 30. If i have kids before 30, fine. else, i'll go without kids at all. I didn't want to be an 'old' mom. Lol! yeah....thirty seemed so old. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:33 am

Looks like a Reddy brothers venture.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down