At the gym today - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At the gym today

+3
chameli
The Absolute Zero
Bittu
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

At the gym today - Page 2 Empty Re: At the gym today

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:17 am

way to go kinnu cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:38 am

seven wrote:way to go kinnu cheers

At the gym today - Page 2 Th_love

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:45 pm

kinnera wrote:A strenous day at work. Today is the first day of full workout at the gym after an 8 hr workday. Normally, I would've slumped on the bed, with pillows propped at the back, laptop in the front, and only enough energy to chat. Today I pushed myself to the gym, setting a target of 325 cals to burn. Started off with cycling, treadmill, stair-climbing(?)...in that order. Halfway thru, I cursed myself for setting such a high goal on a weekday. 325 cals for me was like bittu's 800 cals. Pushed myself hard. Once I crossed 200, the goal seemed achievable. Somehow felt more energetic and continued to reach the target. cheers also did the strength for 20 mins or so. Wonder where all my energy came frm!
Feels great! Life is gooood!!!! Smile

We all know... But, surprised that you did not realize. Or, perhaps you are indirectly praising and crediting s someone for your motivation ?

Any attention from anyone of the opposite sex is like a 5-hr energy bottle - Uppilianica

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:55 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
kinnera wrote:A strenous day at work. Today is the first day of full workout at the gym after an 8 hr workday. Normally, I would've slumped on the bed, with pillows propped at the back, laptop in the front, and only enough energy to chat. Today I pushed myself to the gym, setting a target of 325 cals to burn. Started off with cycling, treadmill, stair-climbing(?)...in that order. Halfway thru, I cursed myself for setting such a high goal on a weekday. 325 cals for me was like bittu's 800 cals. Pushed myself hard. Once I crossed 200, the goal seemed achievable. Somehow felt more energetic and continued to reach the target. cheers also did the strength for 20 mins or so. Wonder where all my energy came frm!
Feels great! Life is gooood!!!! Smile

We all know... But, surprised that you did not realize. Or, perhaps you are indirectly praising and crediting s someone for your motivation ?

Any attention from anyone of the opposite sex is like a 5-hr energy bottle - Uppilianica

And just like that, all my motivational work gets discredited Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:28 pm

440 cal/50 min. treadmill only.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:10 pm

Looks like i'm doing the 'zindagi do bara na mile' thing: tryiing out new stuff Smile. Just coming back frm my first ever Zumba class and it was awesome! I did ok for a first class, I think. Didn't feel self-conscious or clumsy and that's a big deal to me. I tried to imitate the instructor and when the steps got a lil complicated, I stopped. On the whole, did fine. Don't know how many cals I burned, but sweated quite a bit and got very thirsty. Seemed pretty tiring, but a lot of fun.

The other classes that I'm planning to attend are step plus abs (which I'm told is a strenous aerobics class), cycle, aqua fit and maybe yoga or floor pilates. There r many other classes too, but I'm going to try the above for now.

Got almost all the stuff required for the gym, except the shoes. Still dilly-dallying abt buying the asics shoes. BW has put a lil dbt in me Smile.

Another major development is, I roped in my husband and sonny too. Dunno if I can take that credit. An end of the yr promotion was going on. With just $10 extra every month, I could take two guests along with me. I added hubby and son as my guests. So my husband, who believed that me going to the gym was unnecessary and was pretty reluctant abt it, has joined me too Smile. He came along with me on the days he was in town last week. sonny is busy during weekdays, so i will have to drag him along during the weekends. This is the gym news frm me.

Anyone else here got the gym fever yet? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:13 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:440 cal/50 min. treadmill only.

That's good trace. Y'day I did 300 cals in 45mins (treadmill, cycle, stair climbing)

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:16 am

kinnera wrote:Anyone else here got the gym fever yet? Smile

Kinny Aunty, you just reminded me that it's been precisely 49 days since I stepped into the gym. I intend to get back to my routine starting next week.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:44 am

kinns,

I've always been exercise conscious but I dont go tomtomming about it like u and the others do .

how can ur happines depend on how many calories you sweated off daily ..?

and why should you be sad if you didnt get to exercise one or two days?

This yo yo effect does no good for anybody

aren't there other bigger problems in the world you should be thinking about ? No
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:19 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Kinny Aunty, you just reminded me that it's been precisely 49 days since I stepped into the gym. I intend to get back to my routine starting next week.

goats, be happy. he may decide to leave you alone too.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:46 pm

chameli wrote:kinns,

I've always been exercise conscious but I dont go tomtomming about it like u and the others do .

how can ur happines depend on how many calories you sweated off daily ..?

and why should you be sad if you didnt get to exercise one or two days?

This yo yo effect does no good for anybody

aren't there other bigger problems in the world you should be thinking about ? No

hey didn't you say that walking for half an hour is all that is needed?
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:42 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Way to go, Merlot mama! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:56 pm

Chammo dear, can you pls list all the bigger problems in the world that you think abt and kindly tell us what you are doing abt them? TIA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:35 pm

knee was hurting, so swam today. About 2.5 laps (there and back), regular, and about 2 laps holding floats and working just legs. And some random wading, jumping. then 15 minutes in a sauna, and then a looooooooong shower.

Am so sleepy now. But all good.

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:53 pm

artood 2,

i did say so and i stand by it 20 to 30 mins a day according to cardiologists

..this kick boxing and zumba are mere fads and a hit on the pocket book

plus asking for sprains and bed rest Smile

eating should be in complete control .then one has won the battle against the bulge
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:00 pm

kinnera wrote:

Chammo dear, can you pls list all the bigger problems in the world that you think abt and kindly tell us what you are doing abt them? TIA.

Kinns honey ,

the emphasis is not on me moi myself which makes one selfish and narrow visioned

..i think about social issues even politics these days . on a daily basis i cannot do much for the world but .....

Even colorifying my hair is better than calorifying ...sorry ...glorifying in myself....
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:47 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Nah. Goats have been bred in this world for the purpose of being devoured. Leaving them alone would mean denying them their destiny and condemning them to a lifetime of unfulfilled purpose. Dunno abt you, but I'm a big softy - just can't bring myself to inflict that kind of cruelty on another living being.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:50 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Nah. Goats have been bred in this world for the purpose of being devoured. Leaving them alone would mean denying them their destiny and condemning them to a lifetime of unfulfilled purpose. Dunno abt you, but I'm a big softy - just can't bring myself to inflict that kind of cruelty on another living being.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:05 pm

Today I am so lazified. I did addional stretches yesterday and also extra jump roping ....and am so feeling it on my knees and torso. So today is eat junk day and no mood to eat.

All ur posts are inspiring! Keep going!!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:13 pm

Sasthi wrote:Today I am so lazified. I did addional stretches yesterday and also extra jump roping ....and am so feeling it on my knees and torso. So today is eat junk day and no mood to eat.

All ur posts are inspiring! Keep going!!

Welcome to the club, Sasthi Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:00 am

In India, all I do is a few push-ups as and when I can. In Chandigarh, I was invited for a workout in a US style gym but we had a late night and couldn't make it to the gym the next morning. Most nights are late nights anyway.

I have a feeling I'll drop 2-3 lbs during this India trip despite no workouts.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:37 am

the knee is still a biatch. Had gone to gym on Friday, tried cycling. After 8 minutes of intense cycling, the knee gave out while I burned a whopping 25 calories. Got up and went to treadmill. Chose low incline. Was done in 9 minutes and 75 calories. So went and did some upper bod strength exercises.

On saturday, just cleaned the house, which involved scrubbing floors on all fours, and walking up and down the stairs atleast 15 times. I had a light lining of sweat when I was done, and I am sure my heart race was elevated atleast a couple of times. Dunno about you other gym elites, but I am sure I made chameli proud.

I am wondering if I should go swimming today too, maybe will take kids along. The knee is such a biatch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:57 am

Bittu wrote:In India, all I do is a few push-ups as and when I can. In Chandigarh, I was invited for a workout in a US style gym but we had a late night and couldn't make it to the gym the next morning. Most nights are late nights anyway.

I have a feeling I'll drop 2-3 lbs during this India trip despite no workouts.

The founder of the club is being missed here Smile

PS: Hope the runs are under control.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:00 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:the knee is still a biatch. Had gone to gym on Friday, tried cycling. After 8 minutes of intense cycling, the knee gave out while I burned a whopping 25 calories. Got up and went to treadmill. Chose low incline. Was done in 9 minutes and 75 calories. So went and did some upper bod strength exercises.

On saturday, just cleaned the house, which involved scrubbing floors on all fours, and walking up and down the stairs atleast 15 times. I had a light lining of sweat when I was done, and I am sure my heart race was elevated atleast a couple of times. Dunno about you other gym elites, but I am sure I made chameli proud.

I am wondering if I should go swimming today too, maybe will take kids along. The knee is such a biatch.

Aaaww! hope your knee feels better soon, trace. Swimming may be a good idea until you better.
I'm off to the zumba class at 12 pm. Can't wait Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:34 pm

Ended up in the pool for over 70 minutes. Was waiting to swim with a friend, who first picked the wrong gym on gps, and then got stuck in an accident.

Anyway, turned out to be a good thing. Stamina was running out, so could not swim a lot of laps, not even 1 full lap at a time. So in between, swam holding a little float, and stressing all on legs and abs. Swam in 2-3 different styles. Puncuated that with hopping and kicking exercises. It's almost miraculous how there is zero impact on joints. I was jumping so high, but felt nothing on knees or ankles. It almost feels like you are not working out at all!

Had recently bought swim goggles, and ear plugs. Best purchase of this year. I wonder why I never used them before. Was able to do serious breathing exercises by holding the face under water, and swimming for longer durations. No eye or ear issues at all.

Anyway, I was kinda done in 30 minutes, but no sign of friend. Went to check text, and found out it's gonna be a longer wait. Came back. People were coming in. Could not justify blocking a full entire lane to myself. So kept on swimming laps, with or without a float, and kept hopping, jumping, kicking. Must have done atleast 10 laps. And counted atleast 500 hops, each leg. There were a lot of kicking in the air exercises I did that I didn't count.

No sign of friend. Came out, and tanned my very pale legs while waiting. Took a little nap too. And then a long hot shower. Felt toasted, and roasted, and baked by the end of it. Am sure I am full of vitamin D today, as I was working out in the section of the pool which had sun coming.

Then a quick stop at tasti delight - my lunch, one ice cream. And a trip to costco, with a mini sample of chicken noodles. Never to undermine the kinda walking done there.

Anyway, a good workout overall, and a great day in sun. Feeling the exhaustion NOW. Again, no joints hurt, but thighs are SORE!

Came home, ate leftover poha with tea. Poha, tea, and parle G was my breakfast.

Amazing stuff. Will want to do this again. One hour swim and aqua exercises. And will go all the way and wear my swimming cap too. Kids wanna join me next Sunday. Should be fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Evil or Very Mad bet u pooh poohed in the pool ..

and blamed it on a kid
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:38 pm

went to the gym today after 5th december 2011. did 60 mins on the stepper. 598 cals. weighed myself this morning. 169.5 lbs up from 166 when I left for India. oh well.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:31 am

Hit the gym 6:10am today. Started with weights. Did my usual 75x2 dumbbell sets and was able to, without any problem. Then did 40 mins on the stepper, 500-some cals, while watching Rafa-Nadal 4th set.

Another good thing about this threads is that it serves as a log. One can go back and see what you weighed when, what sort of regimen you had, etc.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2