would rupee hit 100? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

would rupee hit 100?

5 posters

Go down

would rupee hit 100? Empty would rupee hit 100?

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:27 am

wondering if anyone thinks the rupee would hit 100 in next 5 yrs? my opinion is it would: for a country with grand aspirations to become the next manufacturing powerhouse and increase it's exports, it makes a lot of sense to keep devaluing the currency. not to mention all the bad loans etc that needs to be flushed out.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

would rupee hit 100? Empty Re: would rupee hit 100?

Post by swapna Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:15 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:wondering if anyone thinks the rupee would hit 100 in next 5 yrs?
"will," not "would";

"in the next five years," not "in next five years";

"five," not "5."

get rid of the question mark; the sentence is not a question, but a statement about yourself: "(I'm) wondering if..."

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:39 pm

swapna wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:wondering if anyone thinks the rupee would hit 100 in next 5 yrs?
"will," not "would";

"in the next five years," not "in next five years";

"five," not "5."

get rid of the question mark; the sentence is not a question, but a statement about yourself: "(I'm) wondering if..."

Grammar aside, the rupee equals a piddly fraction of a dollar (0.015). It hitting 100 against the dollar is impossible. The question should have been "will the dollar equal 100 rupees within the next five years?".
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:54 pm

would rupee hit 100? Funny-pictures-grammar-nazi

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:01 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:wondering if anyone thinks the rupee would hit 100 in next 5 yrs? my opinion is it would: for a country with grand aspirations to become the next manufacturing powerhouse and increase it's exports, it makes a lot of sense to keep devaluing the currency. not to mention all the bad loans etc that needs to be flushed out.

Those grand visions of manufacturing resurgence and exports I think are unrealistic, given the non-existent infrastructure. The country is better off focusing on the massive domestic market and on services. Assuming there are no goof-ups, GDP growth should be robust, keeping the inflation differential between the two economies at current levels. That should result in a continued slide of the Rupee without any active effort to devalue the currency. So ya, Rs 100/USD is a realistic number.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:47 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:wondering if anyone thinks the rupee would hit 100 in next 5 yrs? my opinion is it would: for a country with grand aspirations to become the next manufacturing powerhouse and increase it's exports, it makes a lot of sense to keep devaluing the currency. not to mention all the bad loans etc that needs to be flushed out.

Those grand visions of manufacturing resurgence and exports I think are unrealistic, given the non-existent infrastructure. The country is better off focusing on the massive domestic market and on services. Assuming there are no goof-ups, GDP growth should be robust, keeping the inflation differential between the two economies at current levels. That should result in a continued slide of the Rupee without any active effort to devalue the currency. So ya, Rs 100/USD is a realistic number.

+1 for until reasonable infrastructure is established, imminent focus should be on domestic market & services; but the disclaimer of 'no goof-ups' ..maan how you gonna take care of it/keep it to a minimum? vijay mallya is not just an outlier but a dot in a large cluster.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:20 am

garam_kuta wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

+1 for until reasonable infrastructure is established, imminent focus should be on domestic market & services; but the disclaimer of 'no goof-ups' ..maan how you gonna take care of it/keep it to a minimum? vijay mallya is not just an outlier but a dot in a large cluster.

With this govt, you never know where the next self-created disaster will come from. Raghuram Rajan is gone just like that. Who knows when Jaitley finds himself in the crosshairs?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down