the percentage of racists Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the percentage of racists

+4
southindian
Idéfix
MaxEntropy_Man
garam-kuta
8 posters

Go down

the percentage of racists Empty the percentage of racists

Post by garam-kuta Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:48 pm

half the country is surely racist according to what the elite tell us based on the number of people who voted for trump ( and mind you they didn't turn into racists overnight) .
among the other half, the blacks hate latinos and vice versa . they both hate asians and vice versa. among the asians, the chinese hate indians and vice versa. among indians, NIs hate SIs and vice versa . among SIs tamils hate telugus,kannadigas and mallus and so on.
even among the white hillary voters, who the media and elite tells us, are pure as snow, we don't know how many are racists but still voted for her because of first woman candidate or because of trump's scandas and history .
so we can safely say that 90% of all people are racists ( maybe 100% but lets be fair and not make any blanket statements Wink ).
deal with it.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

the percentage of racists Empty Re: the percentage of racists

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:51 pm

Your side WON! Time to stop relitigating the election. What's the plan for health insurance, trade deals, jobs, taxes, social security, and climate change? When will we know?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:59 pm

garam-kuta wrote:half the country is surely racist according to what the elite tell us based on the number of people who voted for trump
False premise. I don't think all of Trump voters are racists. Some, I assume, are good people.

Voting for Trump doesn't make anyone a racist. Making racist comments makes one a racist. Quite simply really. Good examples of racist comments: what that WV mayor and her friend said about Michelle Obama, what Trump said about Judge Curiel. (Paul Ryan called the latter the "text book definition" of racism, and he's neither elite nor liberal.)
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:28 pm

Americans are racists. Many Americans are racists and sexists.

Most Americans are covert racists and some overt. I see them every day, not willing to sit next to you at airports, trains and parks. Some ignore you during company events, promotions, libraries and some sheepishly smiling at you.

During times like these when environment likens their feelings, some come out, become overt, scribble on walls, shout abuses. They lose their guard, cannot control themselves and express loudly.

Many still prefer to remain under the covers and use the opportunity inside a polling booth. A lot of them did this past Tuesday. You may see some emboldened ones after the election, but most will come talk to you, may have coffee and laugh with you as well.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:27 pm

southindian wrote:Americans are racists. Many Americans are racists and sexists.

Most Americans are covert racists and some overt. I see them every day, not willing to sit next to you at airports, trains and parks. Some ignore you during company events, promotions, libraries and some sheepishly smiling at you.

not in boston, apparently.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:50 pm

garam-kuta wrote:
southindian wrote:Americans are racists. Many Americans are racists and sexists.

Yes Boston do have racists. I have met with a few in Newton and other areas.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:35 pm

southindian wrote:
garam-kuta wrote:

Yes Boston do have racists. I have met with a few in Newton and other areas.
lol. you don't get it.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:42 pm

During times like these when environment likens their feelings, some come out, become overt, scribble on walls, shout abuses. They lose their guard, cannot control themselves and express loudly.

Many still prefer to remain under the covers and use the opportunity inside a polling booth. A lot of them did this past Tuesday. You may see some emboldened ones after the election, but most will come talk to you, may have coffee and laugh with you as well.
It is a human instinct to mistrust people who look, speak, dress or behave differently from what you are used to. That is not racism. Most human beings have this instinctive distrust of the "other." The only real way to overcome that instinct is to learn about other groups, and spend time with them starting at a young age. Children who go to segregated schools (let's say less than 1% ethnic minority) have more negative views about people of other skin color, thank kids who go to more integrated schools.

Racism is when you act based on those biases. This may be subconscious behavior -- like never sitting down next to a brown / black person a train, avoiding socializing at the office with people based on skin color, etc. These acts, while racist in nature, are not offensive; they are matters of personal choice that have very little impact on the person towards whom the racist behavior is targeted.

The real problem is with racist behavior that deliberately targets people of another race. Like the WV city official calling Obama an ape in heels. Like Trump questioning the ability of the Mexican-American judge to rule impartially in the Trump University fraud case. By indulging in that behavior himself, and looking on happily as people at his rallies vocalize their racism, Trump has egged on this type of conscious racist behavior. The ugliest forms of racism are coming to the fore with the elevation of Trump.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:37 pm

Percentages don't help any more. Now that Trump has won, the average gora will exhibit his racist face more openly. When I was a new immigrant, the bigotry was more in the open. Looks like, that behaviour may find some life again. I am keeping my apartment in Hyderabad, just in case.....

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:46 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Percentages don't help any more. Now that Trump has won, the average gora will exhibit his racist face more openly. When I was a new immigrant, the bigotry was more in the open. Looks like, that behaviour may find some life again. I am keeping my apartment in Hyderabad, just in case.....

VP saar -- please share your experiences with these millennial Indian American conservatives who don't have the slightest idea what's going to descend on them like so many bunker buster bombs.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:00 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Percentages don't help any more. Now that Trump has won, the average gora will exhibit his racist face more openly. When I was a new immigrant, the bigotry was more in the open. Looks like, that behaviour may find some life again. I am keeping my apartment in Hyderabad, just in case.....

adhenti saaru, kcr adda lo na?
babu's amaravati lo kaadha?

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:36 pm

garam-kuta wrote:

Modi moolam gaa apartment dharalu padipoyi untaai. Ippudu Hyderabad apartment ni ammute, Amaravati lo konataaniki chaaalavemo. Amaravati ready avaledugaa. Maa vooru, Guntur deggire. Amaravati lo konaalsina avasaram ledemo. So, kontakaalam, Hyderabadu lo Turaka bhaasha vintoo japam cheyyaali.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:46 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
garam-kuta wrote:

Modi moolam gaa apartment dharalu padipoyi untaai. Ippudu Hyderabad apartment ni ammute, Amaravati lo konataaniki chaaalavemo. Amaravati ready avaledugaa. Maa vooru, Guntur deggire. Amaravati lo konaalsina avasaram ledemo. So, kontakaalam, Hyderabadu lo Turaka bhaasha vintoo japam cheyyaali.
au, gaTlanA! mIrEm pareshAn gAvoddu guruvu-gAru. bEfikar Hyderabad lanE vunDurri. nEnunna gada, mimmulanevvaDu lollibeTTaDu.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:28 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
garam-kuta wrote:

modi valla h'bad lo paDite, amaravati lo gudA paDatAyi gadA sArU.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:18 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
garam-kuta wrote:

au, gaTlanA! mIrEm pareshAn gAvoddu guruvu-gAru. bEfikar Hyderabad lanE vunDurri. nEnunna gada, mimmulanevvaDu lollibeTTaDu.
ఉభయ భాషా ప్రవీణా, నీకు నీవే సాటి!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:19 pm

garam-kuta wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
garam-kuta wrote:

modi valla h'bad lo paDite, amaravati lo gudA paDatAyi gadA sArU.
అదీ కరెక్టె.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:43 am

Obummer is a big racist. His shenanigans during the Trayvon Martin case and other blacks' shooting death cases are too well known.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:45 am

silvermani wrote:Obummer is a big racist. His shenanigans during the Trayvon Martin case and other blacks' shooting death cases are too well known.

Nice try, but no dice. He didn't target white people and accuse them of anything based on race.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:38 am

Speculation disappeared from real estate ( atleast for now) and I heard prices slashed 30 to 40% in high value areas.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:41 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

VP saar -- please share your experiences with these millennial Indian American conservatives who don't have the slightest idea what's going to descend on them like so many bunker buster bombs.

but you do, from your perch in the liberal ivory tower and always ruled by fear...fear of whiteman, fear of 2nd amendment, fear of popular sentiment. it's pretty clear to me why indians havent been conquerers, always the conquered.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down