BJP leader, and minister, Kiren Rijiju: "I eat beef, can somebody stop me?" Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BJP leader, and minister, Kiren Rijiju: "I eat beef, can somebody stop me?"

Go down

BJP leader, and minister, Kiren Rijiju: "I eat beef, can somebody stop me?" Empty BJP leader, and minister, Kiren Rijiju: "I eat beef, can somebody stop me?"

Post by Guest Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:20 pm

Minister of state for home affairs Kiren Rijiju has described as “unpalatable” his colleague Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi’s remarks that those who eat beef should go to Pakistan, and questioned whether anyone could stop him from eating beef.

Rijiju belongs to Arunachal Pradesh in the northeast, where beef is a staple in the diet of several states with large Christian populations. His remarks came four days after Naqvi, the minister of state for minority affairs, justified the ban on cow slaughter .

“I eat beef, I’m from Arunachal Pradesh, can somebody stop me? So let us not be touchy about somebody’s practices,” Rijiju said during a visit to Aizawl, the capital of Mizoram, on Tuesday.

“This is a democratic country. Sometimes, some statements are made which are not palatable,” he was quoted as saying by The Indian Express.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india/i-eat-beef-can-somebody-stop-me-rijiju-retorts-to-naqvi-statement/story-qUNsLUQY0sy1ICiCWfRFTJ.html

----
No Mr Rijiju, nobody can stop you from eating beef. After all, you are a minister in the Modi govt., not a muslim in Uttar Pradesh.

Back to top Go down

BJP leader, and minister, Kiren Rijiju: "I eat beef, can somebody stop me?" Empty Re: BJP leader, and minister, Kiren Rijiju: "I eat beef, can somebody stop me?"

Post by Guest Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:45 pm

Also, this statement was given in May 2015. Rijiju has apparently been told to keep his trap shut if he wants to continue being a minister.

Back to top Go down