CM hands over baton to son  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CM hands over baton to son

Go down

CM hands over baton to son  Empty CM hands over baton to son

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:23 am

Pratibha Chauhan
Tribune News Service

Shimla, September 26

Terming his son a young but politically mature, Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh handed over the baton to his son and political successor Vikramaditya Singh (28) at the Congress Mahasammelan, organised by party workers in his Shimla (Rural) segment, here today.

The CM’s appeal can be termed the first formal one to Congress workers to support and make state Youth Congress president Vikramaditya victorious as he prepares to make his electoral debut in the Assembly polls.

“He might be young but he has zeal and political wisdom to be your representative, so not it is your responsibility to see him through,” the father in Virbhadra appealed to the party workers and office-bearers. He said he was in favour of a young person being fielded from his segment and would talk to the high command. “Though it is time for me to retire and lead a relaxed life, there are so many offers for me to contest from various parts,” he said, indicating that he could contest from anywhere. He also added that he had no differences with anyone in the Congress and his only endeavour had been to ensure balanced and all-round development.

Adopting a cautious approach, Vikramaditya tried to strike an emotional chord with the party workers by stating that it was their responsibility to make the party nominee victorious, irrespective of who it was. The Block Congress Committee of Shimla (Rural) also passed a resolution to urge the party high command to give the ticket to Vikramaditya.

“It is for the high command to decide who they will field but, if given an opportunity, I will serve the people of the segment, represented by my father,” he said in his address.

He even went to the extent of saying that even if a person from Kangra came to this segment to contest, the party organisation must support him and ensure his victory. Elaborating on the numerous development works undertaken in this segment, he said projects worth Rs 1,150 crore had been inaugurated or were in the pipeline.

Vikramaditya had earlier announced that he was keen to contest from the Shimla (Rural) segment.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/himachal/cm-hands-over-baton-to-son/473381.html
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down