Absent mindedness Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Absent mindedness

2 posters

Go down

Absent mindedness Empty Absent mindedness

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm

Have had my share of them. Rare ones like two different shoes, out of shower with conditioner still on hair. More often ones like, forgetting to make a turn at most travelled roads, locking out of car/home, forget appointments/parties.

But this is a first! Walked into a WRONG FLOOR.

So like, had gone down to get lunch, and was still deep in my worried thougths when coming up.

Got off one floor before my usual one, but didn't realize it then. They are kinda furnished the same way, so didn't spot the difference right away. A never-seen-before guy opened the door for me, and looked at me strangely. Shoulda been my first hint.

Didn't catch it. Saw unusual number of folders on desks on the aisle. Didn't catch the hint then too. While walking to my desk, saw two strange women standing in what is to be my manager's desk, and the usually empty desk next to me.

Didn't catch the error than too! Thought maybe my manager is out, so they just standing there chatting. Boldly walked to what I thought was my desk. They both were staring at me now. I felt weird, but wth. Decided to ignore them and pulled my chair away. Then before sitting, I looked at *my* desk for the first time.

A big bottle of water was there. Not mine. scratch Then I looked around. And then it hit me! DAMN.

I turned around, covered a sheepish grin on my face with my hand, and said, 'Oh I think I am on the wrong floor'.

The two women started laughing. 'Yeah! We thought so too!'.

I walked out as fast as I could, but could still hear them laughing.

Man. I need help. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Absent mindedness Empty Re: Absent mindedness

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:17 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:Have had my share of them. Rare ones like two different shoes, out of shower with conditioner still on hair. More often ones like, forgetting to make a turn at most travelled roads, locking out of car/home, forget appointments/parties.

But this is a first! Walked into a WRONG FLOOR.

So like, had gone down to get lunch, and was still deep in my worried thougths when coming up.

Got off one floor before my usual one, but didn't realize it then. They are kinda furnished the same way, so didn't spot the difference right away. A never-seen-before guy opened the door for me, and looked at me strangely. Shoulda been my first hint.

Didn't catch it. Saw unusual number of folders on desks on the aisle. Didn't catch the hint then too. While walking to my desk, saw two strange women standing in what is to be my manager's desk, and the usually empty desk next to me.

Didn't catch the error than too! Thought maybe my manager is out, so they just standing there chatting. Boldly walked to what I thought was my desk. They both were staring at me now. I felt weird, but wth. Decided to ignore them and pulled my chair away. Then before sitting, I looked at *my* desk for the first time.

A big bottle of water was there. Not mine. scratch Then I looked around. And then it hit me! DAMN.

I turned around, covered a sheepish grin on my face with my hand, and said, 'Oh I think I am on the wrong floor'.

The two women started laughing. 'Yeah! We thought so too!'.

I walked out as fast as I could, but could still hear them laughing.

Man. I need help. Embarassed

You could have made it a self-deprecating joke and got yourself a handsome BF...Wink

My goof-ups are more serious, but converted them into a joke and making them laugh - giving me a chance to escape.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:55 pm

Ya, I laughed at it too. But was entirely amused myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:07 pm

I walk into a wrong floor/office/room I usually walk out after saying sorry and move on. evidently I'm wrong and should write a 7 para post on SUCH.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down