Pumpkin thief Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pumpkin thief

2 posters

Go down

Pumpkin thief Empty Pumpkin thief

Post by Idéfix Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:53 pm

There's a Telugu saying about how if you say "pumpkin thief," if someone checks their own shoulders for stolen pumpkins, then that person is very likely a pumpkin thief. Today we got a good illustration of this.

A reporter asked the predisent whether he would talk to Mueller. The answer from the very stable genius was quite interesting.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/10/politics/trump-no-collusion/index.html

Roberts: "Are you open to meeting with (special counsel Robert Mueller)? Would you be willing to meet with him without condition? Or would you demand that a strict set of parameters be placed around any encounter between you and the special counsel?"

Trump: "Well, again John, there has been no collusion between the Trump campaign and Russians or Trump and Russians. No collusion. When I watch you interviewing all the people leaving their committees, I mean, the Democrats are all running for office, trying to say this that -- but bottom line, they all say there's no collusion. And there is no collusion.

"And when you talk about interviews, Hillary Clinton had an interview, where she wasn't sworn in, she wasn't given the oath, they didn't take notes, they didn't record and it was done on the 4th of July weekend. That's perhaps ridiculous and a lot of people looked upon that as being a very serious breach and it really was.

"But again I'll speak to attorneys -- I can only say this, there was absolutely no collusion. Everybody knows it. Every committee -- I've been in office now for 11 months. For 11 months, they've had this phony cloud over this administration, over our government. And it has hurt our government. It does hurt our government. It's a Democrat hoax that was brought up as an excuse for losing an election that frankly the Democrats should have won because they have such a tremendous advantage in the electoral college.

"So it was brought up for that reason. But it has been determined that there is no collusion and by virtually everybody. So we'll see what happens. We'll see what happens. I mean certainly we'll see what happens -- when they have no collusion and nobody's found any collusion at any level it seems unlikely that you'd even have an interview."
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Pumpkin thief Empty Re: Pumpkin thief

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:25 pm

We have something similar in Tamil too. We say "engappa kuthiru kuLLa illai," meaning "my father is not hiding inside the barn," when the loan shark comes looking for the dad.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down