UN Resolution- good to know Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UN Resolution- good to know

5 posters

Go down

UN Resolution- good to know Empty UN Resolution- good to know

Post by Maria S Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:49 am

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-03-22/un-rights-council-backs-u-dot-s-dot-demand-for-new-sri-lanka-war-probe

For one moment in time..all the (my) identities were aligned together on the same side and am happy:)

Yes, it mattered to me Very Happy !

Good to see US sponsor and India support the symbolic UN Resolution -and appreciate ALL the political parties in TN for coming together and working together to put pressure. Interesting to see who voted and who did not (No surprise that China, Russia and Pakistan voted against it)! But, in the end- it was passed..

After years of suffering- and tireless efforts of the Tamil Diaspora at least it's a "recognition" of war crimes and a big symbolic victory!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

UN Resolution- good to know Empty Re: UN Resolution- good to know

Post by garam_kuta Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:09 am

Maria S wrote:http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-03-22/un-rights-council-backs-u-dot-s-dot-demand-for-new-sri-lanka-war-probe

For one moment in time..all the (my) identities were aligned together on the same side and am happy:)

Good to see US sponsor and India support the symbolic UN Resolution -and appreciate ALL the political parties in TN for coming together and working together to put pressure. Interesting to see who voted and who did not (No surprise that China, Russia and Pakistan voted against it)! But, in the end- it was passed..

After years of suffering- and tireless efforts of the Tamil Diaspora at least it's a "recognition" of war crimes and a big symbolic victory!

though coming from the famous museum of NYC, this noise is good to hear, I agree.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:20 am

Maria S wrote:http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-03-22/un-rights-council-backs-u-dot-s-dot-demand-for-new-sri-lanka-war-probe

One more empty rhetoric that the SL Tamils know will result in NOTHING. As long as the world is satisfied with sloganeering and resolution, the oppressed will continue to suffer.

Is it any wonder that China and Pakistan voted against? China wants a base in SL and Pakis want a foothold in SL to surround India and also use as a base to cause trouble in Keral through the islamic segment. It is well known that Kerala muslim jehadis have connections to Kashmir and Pakistani elements, and love Talebani philosophy.

Good luck to Keral and Tamil Nadu.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:28 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

One more empty rhetoric that the SL Tamils know will result in NOTHING. As long as the world is satisfied with sloganeering and resolution, the oppressed will continue to suffer.

Is it any wonder that China and Pakistan voted against? China wants a base in SL and Pakis want a foothold in SL to surround India and also use as a base to cause trouble in Keral through the islamic segment. It is well known that Kerala muslim jehadis have connections to Kashmir and Pakistani elements, and love Talebani philosophy.

Good luck to Keral and Tamil Nadu.

you left out explaining the russian stance

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:52 am

While everyone is entitled to their views..it is a little disheartening to see some Tamilians, especially in the US oppose/dismiss this as
"Nothing" or insignificant..this is a huge morale boost for the people who have been suffering and invisible in the eyes of the world..

It took a monumental and tireless effort of many, many friends over decades..to accomplish this!

I am deeply appreciative to the US and Indian Govts- for taking a bold stand.. UN Resolution- good to know 459784477 (even if it was based on self-interests as it always is)..to stand up and be counted- when it mattered..Tamilians all over the world..were tuned it..waiting for the vote..to see- who will be there..

Will never forget this day or the support!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:06 am

look at the bigger picture dear .... that of India
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:13 pm

Gosh, Maria!